+1 all the way on this.
If you are turning off the engine I hope you are not still moving. If stopped don't see a problem with hitting Play/Pause before shutting off engine. And must be a problem to hit play before car is in gear, not a big problem in my eyes.
Don't have time to experiment.........However, thanks for your insightful thoughts.......Enjoy whatever you are using.
There is a difference between most DSD compared to other lowly formats - usually DSD audio files are really high quality records and/or masters. there's very few redbook albums that sound as good as most of my DSD and very few DSD albums that don't sound much better than average redbook.
USB DAC is the function I'm waiting for impatiently, but as for anything else, maybe some changes to allow for better album art viewing...
I don't think iBasso can do enough firmware updates. There will always be something new desired or somehow "needed". How many updates were there to portable CD players, of course, none. What you got is what you had and you most of the time were happy with it. I am not saying there isn't room for improvement as time goes along but this FW just came out and rather than listening, it seems more updates are wanted.
Wasn't aimed at me, but here's a list of things to add/improve/change:
1. The font. Kerning and letter thickness should be uniform.
2. Addition of ReplayGain. iBasso have said that they aren't looking to add this soon - but it would be nice.
3. USB DAC functionality (supposedly going to be added next firmware update).
4. Ability to scan the SD card manually (add a button to the settings menu or something).
5. Option to remove the on-screen buttons, making the cover art take up more screen space (with physical buttons, I don't see the need. Worth keeping the scrollbar, however).
6. Option to manually select how far ahead each jump goes when using the 'next track' button. Currently set to around 10 seconds I think.
7. Proper playlist management system, as well as a way to export it to the SD card so it isn't entirely wiped when formatting/updating the system.
I'm sure I could think of others. Out of my original list of around 37 problems, only 4 remain. The others I didn't really consider problems myself, but would be nice additions. I would suggest trying to increase the responsiveness of the player to the physical buttons, but as I'm not knowledgeable in that area, it could be unfeasible (this is a relatively minor complaint).
Personally, I would definitely like:
1. ReplayGain (# 1 and 2 above)…. I find myself quite often adjusting volume from one song to the next, and ReplayGain would help with that
2. command to optionally force scan of OTG-connected media (while, I think, # 5 and 4 above may be referring specifically to the SD card only - which, however, IMHO would be less useful, as you can force a scan of the sd card already now, by ejecting and remounting your card twice, or by the more time-consuming and feel, "atomic", option of factory resetting the player, and erasing the extra info on the internal memory of the player and of the sd card)
3. playlist: being able to name them and save them externally, so as not to lose them every time, would be nice (though I do not really use them all that much - maybe precisely because it's not very well implemented ATM)
The rest, while I agree that some would be nice, I do not really care too much about. I'm VERY happy with my DX50 right now… I'm a 2nd batcher, and I believe that we've come a long, long way since the old dark times of FW 1.0.0 (and I mean "dark" strictly from an UI point of view)
i was using a rockboxed zip for a month. then this firmware got released, installed it and listened to the dx50 again - i honestly can't hear any difference!
to be fair to 1.2.8, i only listened to it for 15mins or so, may need to spend more time with it.
Don't see it mentioned anywhere, but clicks with 24/192 files on SD card issue is still there with 1.2.8
I love lows and soundstage in new firmware, but mids and highs are a bit worse than 1.2.7 in my opinion
My wishlist for DX50:
- option to include subfolders in playlist in directory mode
- bigger scroll
and +1 for ReplayGain, USB DAC and manual db update