or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 588

post #8806 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Here's one of Rudi's utterly crazy stacks:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/8760#post_10068456

Awesome! Might try it out then.
Edited by SkyBleu - 12/17/13 at 1:00am
post #8807 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim

Here's one of Rudi's utterly crazy stacks:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/8760#post_10068456
Awesome! Might try it out then.

Edited by SkyBleu - Today at 1:00 am

Awesome! Might try it out then.

Crazy stack indeed. It hurts my head just by looking at it. I suppose it should blow up my head when I listen to it.
post #8808 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post


Crazy stack indeed. It hurts my head just by looking at it. I suppose it should blow up my head when I listen to it.

Must be fun to carry on a plane.

post #8809 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Must be fun to carry on a plane.

...if he even makes it onto a plane.

post #8810 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Crazy stack indeed. It hurts my head just by looking at it. I suppose it should blow up my head when I listen to it.

It's called the ear grenade, set the dial low else you will fry the sensitive ear drums. I can only imagine the sound out of this stack. My best stack is only two level deep and I don't have the dac anymore. The sound was amazing but non portable so off it went, now I miss It. frown.gif
post #8811 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

...if he even makes it onto a plane.

Got stop at port entry once with my stack and the officer asked me what is this so I had to give him a clear and coincise explanation. He said you better put this through the x-ray machine I said yes sir. Almost did not make it to my destination.
post #8812 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

...if he even makes it onto a plane.
Haha lol smily_headphones1.gif
post #8813 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


Several of us have looked into it.

Unfortunately, it's more likely to happen later than sooner. While DX50 uses Android, mango (the player program) isn't an Android application. It runs natively on the system and drives the display directly. The firmware image files that are/were available from iBasso's site have been stripped of just about everything that isn't needed to make the device work and launch mango at boot. Running Android applications can't happen with DX50 as-is.

native android will be a miracle, I agree. For me the boot loader is the best think about dx50 if you want custom code on it.

 

(I need to investigate a bit more on the rock box source tree)

post #8814 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


It's called the ear grenade, set the dial low else you will fry the sensitive ear drums. I can only imagine the sound out of this stack. My best stack is only two level deep and I don't have the dac anymore. The sound was amazing but non portable so off it went, now I miss It. frown.gif

More isn't always better and with the DX50 dac implementation being so good I have no plans to start looking for another DAC. I'm looking forward to trying the PB2, but it has to be really something to replace the Quickstep in my stack.

post #8815 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

More isn't always better and with the DX50 dac implementation being so good I have no plans to start looking for another DAC. I'm looking forward to trying the PB2, but it has to be really something to replace the Quickstep in my stack.
+1.
I wouldn't get a DB2 unless you are using a it as a balanced DAC.
post #8816 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

+1.
I wouldn't get a DB2 unless you are using a it as a balanced DAC.

Trueché. That is a good point, so I'll back out of what ever plan I had. smily_headphones1.gif

My wallet was just getting healthier, so I decide to let me curiosity run wild. tongue.gif
Edited by SkyBleu - 12/17/13 at 2:20am
post #8817 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

+1.
I wouldn't get a DB2 unless you are using a it as a balanced DAC.

I used to use db2 to intruder full balanced...but its a pain to remember to charge all these devices for commuting purposes...
post #8818 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


I used to use db2 to intruder full balanced...but its a pain to remember to charge all these devices for commuting purposes...

How about when you weren't going balanced? Did the DB2 still have a worthy contribution to the sound, or did it become a minor?

post #8819 of 18426
I tried balanced and single ended on full-size headphone (T1).

Though the difference is nice, in the end I concluded the hassle of getting a balance setup is not worth the gain in SQ. The size and weight of your stack goes up exponentially.

Cables need to be re-terminated; getsheavy and clunky. You need a balanced DAC then amp. If you happen to find one device (balanced dac/amp) it's enormous compared to portable single-ended amp (or dac combo).

Not sure how big will the difference be with ciem going balanced. But lately, I find myself going as small as I can stack-wise and big as possible in SQ.

Still dreaming of that one DAP, one c/iem to rule them all setup
post #8820 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

How about when you weren't going balanced? Did the DB2 still have a worthy contribution to the sound, or did it become a minor?
Db2 balance out gives a fuller sound
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016