or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 524

post #7846 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitchen View Post

Today I've had a problem with dx50 for the first time. I had some problems with an album with tracks that were repeated without respecting the correct order. After selecting another album the player set the volume to maximum level with low gain setting. I've immediately lower the volume that is gone to normal with a single click (to 256 to 200 with one).
The next time I'll be more careful.

I did the same mistake too lol. Good thing is I'm not using a sensitive IEM. What I'm doing now is I turn on the DX50 first and check the volume then plug the IEM. I also set the volume to 190-200(low gain) before turning it off.
post #7847 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishera View Post

I can imagine dealing ibasso would be pain given they ignores emails. Will do better next time before ordering from Chinese retailer.

Typically iBasson is quite responsive.  I suggest trying again, keeping in mind the respective time zones when waiting for a response.

 

There is absolutely no reason not to work with a Chinese business.  As with any other nationality, most are great with only a few bad.

post #7848 of 18427
Ibasso was very reponsive to me and definitely answered all the questions and concerns i had in merely a few hours
post #7849 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post


I did the same mistake too lol. Good thing is I'm not using a sensitive IEM. What I'm doing now is I turn on the DX50 first and check the volume then plug the IEM. I also set the volume to 190-200(low gain) before turning it off.

Maybe I was not precise: iBasso has turned up volume to max automatically without touching anything. This is a well know bug!

Fortunately I was using a pair of UE900 which is not so sensitive and has 32 ohm of impedence.. the volume wasn't too high to cause problem at all

post #7850 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitchen View Post

Maybe I was not precise: iBasso has turned up volume to max automatically without touching anything. This is a well know bug!
Fortunately I was using a pair of UE900 which is not so sensitive and has 32 ohm of impedence.. the volume wasn't too high to cause problem at all

Oh ok. What firmware are you using? Mine set to 256 because I set it up for an external amp. User mistake for short. Never got a volume bug in 1.2.5fw
post #7851 of 18427

I've got the 1.2.5. I think that the DAP had problem with an album that I was previously listening. That's the only "problem" I've had till now.

post #7852 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Ibasso was very reponsive to me and definitely answered all the questions and concerns i had in merely a few hours

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapiti View Post
 

Typically iBasson is quite responsive.  I suggest trying again, keeping in mind the respective time zones when waiting for a response.

 

There is absolutely no reason not to work with a Chinese business.  As with any other nationality, most are great with only a few bad.


I say they ignore emails because i know they're responsive. I emailed them a few times regarding order confirmation and shipping method. I got quick and great replies from them. I'm really satisfied with the experience which is why i did not file a dispute on paypal when they did not reply my email(over 24 hours already). I will just take the worse deal anyway. I am expecting a full refund because there is still over a week until the item will be shipped. I already sent another email  to not cancel my order. I guess i will try 1 more time and hope they do cancel it. I shouldn't of use nationality the way i did. I did have some poor experience with online shopping. Seller tend to ignore after the deal is done, but never from a company thou.

post #7853 of 18427

I would not blame them for being thoroughly confused and having no idea what you really want.

 

I suggest you make up your mind and communicate your decision clearly.  Then stick with it. The price difference is trivial.

post #7854 of 18427
Thanks for the help but I have to give myself a big dope slap! When I toggled "My music" I didn't realize it scrolled. Duh. Albums and Artist there...BUT all my HD tracks are filled under the Artist known as "null" and all of those tracks are alphabetical. What can I do about this?
This is a sweet sounding device, sounds even better when I plug it into my HP-P1
post #7855 of 18427

It appears you need to tag your music with album, artist and track number, and track name.

post #7856 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapiti View Post
 

I would not blame them for being thoroughly confused and having no idea what you really want.

 

I suggest you make up your mind and communicate your decision clearly.  Then stick with it. The price difference is trivial.

I did.

 

The order confirmation conversation where done right after i ordered on Nov 29th. I sent a email to cancel yesterday after seeing the deal on mp4nation.

 

I clearly stated i want a refund, informing them i will buy it from mp4nation with transaction number included. I even got a friend of mine to make sure google translates the english to chinese correctly.

 

Then no reply.. I guess will just stick with it anyway.. emailed again to not cancel.

 

I sent another email just now asking for a full refund encouraged by you guys.^^

 

Is getting off topic. I would like to end this argument here. If they refunded yay if no reply.. oh well

 

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapiti View Post
 

No argument here: you posted and asked for opinions.

 

What you do is your choice.


Don't need another post for this. So i will just use edit.

 

Yes ur right^.


Edited by Ishera - 12/4/13 at 2:30pm
post #7857 of 18427

No argument here: you posted and asked for opinions.

 

What you do is your choice.

post #7858 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitchen View Post

I've got the 1.2.5. I think that the DAP had problem with an album that I was previously listening. That's the only "problem" I've had till now.

Well thats good to know thats the only problem you have. Been using mine for more than 200hrs now. Everything is working properly. No volume issues or whatsoever. Just try re-tagging your files again
post #7859 of 18427

What is the final price you pay in the states when you order directly from iBasso shop? Price+'what taxes etc?'....

 

thnx

post #7860 of 18427
Still on FW 1.22 and no major problems. For tagging, what tag types you guys recommend? Id3v1 or id3v2? Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016