or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 504

post #7546 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephKim View Post

Did some more extensive listening using the Vsonic VSD1S and now I'm thinking the DX50 may just not be for me. For reference I prefer a mid-forward sound signature. Also the main thing I listen for is clarity in vocals. Just not getting it with the DX50. Thought it was just a synergy issue with the re400 but it's not where I want it to be with the VSD1s, although it is improved. I posted up quick impressions after 1 song but it seemed like it was the recording of the song that made it sound good. I listened to several other songs and the vocals sound like they are going through a megaphone or something making it sound slightly unnatural lol. Dang it!
This is the same thing I thought till they burned it totally in, how many hours do you have on them now? Also, I do have my EQ set to classical which I do like a lot and helps in some of the week ness of the player. Also all of my songs on the player are in FLAC. I am referring to the Vsonic VSD1s.
Edited by howdy - 11/26/13 at 2:44pm
post #7547 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasaki90 View Post

May I get some advise chosing an amp for the dx50?
Currently looking at SR71 or pico power.
Hissing or noise would be a major nono.

Both are excellent choices, you should not worry about hissing noise once through the amp, that's pretty much gone.
post #7548 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

This is the same thing I thought till they burned it totally in, how many hours do you have on them now? Also, I do have my EQ set to classical which I do like a lot and helps in some of the week ness of the player. Also all of my songs on the player are in FLAC. I am referring to the Vsonic VSD1s.

I also very much like the Classical preset. It seems to work very well with all genre's of music. I have used it since I received my DX50.
post #7549 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


This is the same thing I thought till they burned it totally in, how many hours do you have on them now? Also, I do have my EQ set to classical which I do like a lot and helps in some of the week ness of the player. Also all of my songs on the player are in FLAC. I am referring to the Vsonic VSD1s.

I haven't tried it on the classical setting. Usually I am not a fan of preset EQs. But I will try it tonight and report back!

 

As far as burn in goes I won't get into that because I have my own opinions on it :)

post #7550 of 18427
Quote:
I feel that the amp of the dx50 is a bit weak and when using sensitive iem's there is a slight hissing 

Try using the line out jack. Seriously. You might be amazed.

post #7551 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

Try using the line out jack. Seriously. You might be amazed.
the lo of dx50 is surperb. even use it without external amp the quality still much better than the po.
post #7552 of 18427

Hey guys, question.  How good is the sorting of music with tags work on the latest firmware?  I have a great need for a player which can actually sort albums with the "album artist" tag instead of just the "artist" tag, otherwise albums with different artist names always get split up into separate albums.  Apparently the X3 does not have this feature, which leads me over to here, which would be my second choice.

post #7553 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin427 View Post


the lo of dx50 is surperb. even use it without external amp the quality still much better than the po.

 

Agree the HO of DX50 is already good. But until you use the LO paired with a better amp you'll never know what you are missing.

post #7554 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephKim View Post

I haven't tried it on the classical setting. Usually I am not a fan of preset EQs. But I will try it tonight and report back!

As far as burn in goes I won't get into that because I have my own opinions on it smily_headphones1.gif
Sounds good, I'm thinking of selling my X3. Have you tried an amp, I use my C&C bh2 and this gives it a different sound sig. I guess in the end though, the DX50 is not for everyone. Have you tried the Vsonics with any other source?
post #7555 of 18427
I have question about connecting an amp to the DX50. According to the FAQ page it recommends turning the volume all the way up to 255. My question(s); wouldn't this put a lot of load on the battery causing it to deplete faster? Secondly, what if you did the opposite, connect an external amp, and turned the volume down? Lastly, when connecting an amp do you control volume through the amp or is the volume still controlled by the DAP?

Thanks for any input.
post #7556 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post

I have question about connecting an amp to the DX50. According to the FAQ page it recommends turning the volume all the way up to 255. My question(s); wouldn't this put a lot of load on the battery causing it to deplete faster? Secondly, what if you did the opposite, connect an external amp, and turned the volume down? Lastly, when connecting an amp do you control volume through the amp or is the volume still controlled by the DAP?

Thanks for any input.


The load on the battery should be minimal as you are not using the amp section in the DAP just adjusting the line level out.

You want the line out to be at an acceptable level so that the amp you connect has a clean signal with enough voltage/signal into the amp.  This will depend on what amp you use and what it needs as an input (this is a good reason to have the adjustable line level in the first place).  You tweak it for the best sound.

You would control the volume on the amp.


Edited by bearFNF - 11/26/13 at 8:35pm
post #7557 of 18427
Thanks, bearFNF, for the explanation.
post #7558 of 18427

LO has no hiss but not amped. Anyone tried to pair it with a JDS C5?

post #7559 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeC View Post

LO has no hiss but not amped. Anyone tried to pair it with a JDS C5?
actually the power from LO is well enough for nornal iem. the amps around this price will do a better job than the internal amp.
post #7560 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


Sounds good, I'm thinking of selling my X3. Have you tried an amp, I use my C&C bh2 and this gives it a different sound sig. I guess in the end though, the DX50 is not for everyone. Have you tried the Vsonics with any other source?

I do have the C&C BH2 but not using it until my interconnect comes in. I'll decide whether I want to sell the dx50 after I pair them up.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016