or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 441

post #6601 of 18427

I tried to use the DX-50 to feed the Master-8 (line out), I wouldn't say they mix well it picked up some grain and noise.

post #6602 of 18427

To post about the status of my DX50 now having had it on the 1.2.3 beta for over a week, it has froze twice, but in slightly different ways than on version 1.2.2.  1.2.3 beta froze up once after I unpaused a song that I had paused for a few minutes.  Like, right after I unpaused it the device froze and needed a restart.  The second freeze occurred when it wasn't even playing music, froze at the shut down screen.  Right when you hit 'ok' to shut down it froze, needed a restart, so that I could shut it down again.

 

 

Overall though, it's been much better. 

post #6603 of 18427

Hey, do you know (located close to GERMANY/AUSTRIA) if it´s cheaper to buy directly from iBasso vs. ordering from mp4audio?

post #6604 of 18427
Hi, mates! How much time of use are you getting from your DX50?. Thanks very muvh in advance.

Enviado desde mi GT-N8010 usando Tapatalk 4
post #6605 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by zozito View Post

Hi, mates! How much time of use are you getting from your DX50?. Thanks very muvh in advance.

Enviado desde mi GT-N8010 usando Tapatalk 4

 

Do you mean battery life?? I get around 10 hrs, but that depends how loud are listening and the gain factor using. Yesterday a got 10 hrs. with my close cans (250 ohms) set to 170 (vol) and gain 3

post #6606 of 18427
I'm probably getting 10-12 hours maybe. Low gain volume set at about 105-115 with the T-peos H-200 fw 1.2.2, mainly flac files.
post #6607 of 18427

Ummm...that`s not bad...Thanks to both!

post #6608 of 18427

Mine finally left mp4nation today!! Tracking says it should be here tomorrow!! woo!!

post #6609 of 18427

Hi!

I asked a many pages before for a suggestion to buy a closed headphone that suits to dx50... Currently I am using Sennheiser hd380 pro which should be a pretty nice pair with dx50 I am going to buy. But man always thinking to upgrade, so what about Soundmagic hp100 or beyerdynamic dt 770 limited edition - it is still available in some stores. When I asked this for the first time, someone rocommended me hp100 over dt 770 limited edition because of a bit boomy bas of beyerdynamic.

What is yours oppinion? Which would be a better choice? According what I read on this thread - and I am following this from beginning - darker headphones should accomoded better with dx50. If it is true, I have doubt about soundmagic hp100 because this is rather lean forward and neutral; both dt 700 LE and sennheiser hd 380 pro are darker than hp100 I think... Or should I keep hd 380 pro?

Thanx for answers, reccomendation, and sorry for my english: I learnt it at school and do not use it much...

Cheers!


Edited by gnidrolog - 11/11/13 at 12:56pm
post #6610 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnidrolog View Post
 

Hi!

I asked a many pages before for a suggestion to buy a closed headphone that suits to dx50... Currently I am using Sennheiser hd380 pro which should be a pretty nice pair with dx50 I am going to buy. But man always thinking to upgrade, so what about Soundmagic hp100 or beyerdynamic dt 770 limited edition - it is still available in some stores. When I asked this for the first time, someone rocommended me hp100 over dt 770 limited edition because of a bit boomy bas of beyerdynamic.

What is yours oppinion? Which would be a better choice? According what I read on this forum - and I am following this from beginning - darker headphones should accomoded better with dx50. If it is true, I have doubt about soundmagic hp100 because this is rather lean forward and neutral; both dt 700 LE and sennheiser hd 380 pro are darker than hp100 I think... Or should I keep hd 380 pro?

Thanx for answers, reccomendation, and sorry for my english: I learnt it at school and do not use it much...

Cheers!


Depends on what kind of sound signature you want and your budget. HP100 and DT770 LE are very different cans. One of them is like ruler flat while the other has almost no midrange. Yeah I don't like DT770 family, you can tell it I think.

 

I would suggest look around in forum, read a bit and decide what would suit your taste.

post #6611 of 18427

Thanks! I will look around in forum, but my budget is arround 250 dollars.

Btw I prefere more neutral sounding, that is why I rather use V1.2.2 firmware with dx50 than V1.2.3beta. I do not know what the official v123 firmware is going to be...

post #6612 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnidrolog View Post
 

Thanks! I will look around in forum, but my budget is arround 250 dollars.

Btw I prefere more neutral sounding, that is why I rather use V1.2.2 firmware with dx50 than V1.2.3beta. I do not know what the official v123 firmware is going to be...


Neutral you say? I can suggest German Maestro GMP 8.35D Studio Monitors. Perfect monitors for the price, they are like HD600 but closed and easy to drive. I have it, my first audiophile purchase, never ever regretted and still keep it with me even though I have 1.3k euro ciem.

 

Also playing with different pads and changing the sound / isolation is kind of fun. Acix has an awesome review about them if I remember correctly, take a look at it.

 

I would call them really neutral without a boost in anywhere on the FR graph.

 

Marleybob also has it (he was a great help before I purchased it), I think you can ask him to get his opinion too.

post #6613 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnidrolog View Post

 
Hi!
I asked a many pages before for a suggestion to buy a closed headphone that suits to dx50... Currently I am using Sennheiser hd380 pro which should be a pretty nice pair with dx50 I am going to buy. But man always thinking to upgrade, so what about Soundmagic hp100 or beyerdynamic dt 770 limited edition - it is still available in some stores. When I asked this for the first time, someone rocommended me hp100 over dt 770 limited edition because of a bit boomy bas of beyerdynamic.
What is yours oppinion? Which would be a better choice? According what I read on this forum - and I am following this from beginning - darker headphones should accomoded better with dx50. If it is true, I have doubt about soundmagic hp100 because this is rather lean forward and neutral; both dt 700 LE and sennheiser hd 380 pro are darker than hp100 I think... Or should I keep hd 380 pro?
Thanx for answers, reccomendation, and sorry for my english: I learnt it at school and do not use it much...
Cheers!


Depends on what kind of sound signature you want and your budget. HP100 and DT770 LE are very different cans. One of them is like ruler flat while the other has almost no midrange. Yeah I don't like DT770 family, you can tell it I think.

I would suggest look around in forum, read a bit and decide what would suit your taste.
When amped properly, the bass of the 770 is as tight as can be - and the limited edition actually has a pretty nice midrange smily_headphones1.gif
post #6614 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Depends on what kind of sound signature you want and your budget. HP100 and DT770 LE are very different cans. One of them is like ruler flat while the other has almost no midrange. Yeah I don't like DT770 family, you can tell it I think.

 

I would suggest look around in forum, read a bit and decide what would suit your taste.

I have read quite some positive things about the DT770 LE. However I freaking hate the DT770. That sibilance made me spent a great deal of time and money into finding better headphones!

post #6615 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Neutral you say? I can suggest German Maestro GMP 8.35D Studio Monitors. Perfect monitors for the price, they are like HD600 but closed and easy to drive. I have it, my first audiophile purchase, never ever regretted and still keep it with me even though I have 1.3k euro ciem.

 

Also playing with different pads and changing the sound / isolation is kind of fun. Acix has an awesome review about them if I remember correctly, take a look at it.

 

I would call them really neutral without a boost in anywhere on the FR graph.

 

Marleybob also has it (he was a great help before I purchased it), I think you can ask him to get his opinion too.

I still freaking love cymbals on that phone! The timing cues/panning sounds are wild on the gmps (with the oval pads ofcourse).

However, with the oval pads, they are bright. But I kinda like that... I think they sound like a etymotic er4 in a closed headphone form.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016