or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 432

post #6466 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Or you could get the HM901, PB2 and DB2 or some other bulky transportable amp + dac combo, strap them to your chest and look like a suicide bomber...


...

What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?
post #6467 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by muluc View Post


Alright, I can imagine the size of a stack like my HTC OneX+ & DAC/AMP vs. DX50. But what about the other aspects like UI, EQ, updating, time to load a song, screen freecing,... Is iBasso finally in control of the numerous bugs reported on threads? What about SQ of DX50 vs. Onex+ & Theorem 720?

still say DAP just because of pocket size?

I have a 7th batch DX50 and haven't had any of the problems anyone talks about. I think it sounds amazing and works flawlessly.
post #6468 of 18427

I also have one from 7th patch. I can concur. Sounds and works brilliantly:)

post #6469 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post


I have a 7th batch DX50 and haven't had any of the problems anyone talks about. I think it sounds amazing and works flawlessly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihis View Post
 

I also have one from 7th patch. I can concur. Sounds and works brilliantly:)

I THINK mine is 7th batch. Still, works good enough for me :)

post #6470 of 18427
I wonder if there is a higher rate of problems with earlier batches
post #6471 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by muluc View Post
 


Alright, I can imagine the size of a stack like my HTC OneX+ & DAC/AMP vs. DX50. But what about the other aspects like UI, EQ, updating, time to load a song, screen freecing,... Is iBasso finally in control of the numerous bugs reported on threads? What about SQ of DX50 vs. Onex+ & Theorem 720?

 

still say DAP just because of pocket size?

Yeah, the DX50 is bug free for me, but a few more features would be nice. 

 

Look at how thick a 720 is stacked to a phone. The DX50 is about 1.5 times as thick as a phone in a case, but the 720 paired with a phone would be around 3.5cm at best. That would be quite hard to carry around not to mention the people staring at you. 

post #6472 of 18427

I have a first batch DX50 running on the latest beta FW.  For the most part it runs flawlessly.  I don't do anything fancy - have it loaded with hi-res (mostly 24/96 FLAC), play albums in their entirety. The DX50 will freeze occasionally but it's very rare.  Other than that, I have a single track that for the life of me I can't figure out why it won't show up properly with the rest of it's album. Tagging looks fine through MP3Tag - not sure what's going on.  But that's very minor - overall this has been a great little device.

post #6473 of 18427
Agreed. Fantastic sound (separation, soundstage, power output) and great build quality and design for the price. A heck of a bargain if it can be bought even cheaper second hand. If you manage to get a stable unit loaded with tidied up files, the DX50 offers the best sound in the smallest package I have ever seen and heard for this price.
post #6474 of 18427

November 20th + shipping time can't come soon enough :(

post #6475 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrondaniel View Post

I have a first batch DX50 running on the latest beta FW.  For the most part it runs flawlessly.  I don't do anything fancy - have it loaded with hi-res (mostly 24/96 FLAC), play albums in their entirety. The DX50 will freeze occasionally but it's very rare.  Other than that, I have a single track that for the life of me I can't figure out why it won't show up properly with the rest of it's album. Tagging looks fine through MP3Tag - not sure what's going on.  But that's very minor - overall this has been a great little device.

try to re-encode the track to the same format.

this happen to me with the DX100, i tried to mp3tag it multiple times even with a different artist but no avail. Re encoding fixed the corrupt flac metadata header
post #6476 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuthecaveman View Post


try to re-encode the track to the same format.

this happen to me with the DX100, i tried to mp3tag it multiple times even with a different artist but no avail. Re encoding fixed the corrupt flac metadata header

 

Thanks for the idea - I'll give it a try!

post #6477 of 18427

After reading much of the comments in this thread, decided to take the plunge and order myself a DX50 also. 9th batch to be more specific.

 

Going to use it with a pair of Amperiors as my on the go rig. Should be good.

post #6478 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Index View Post

After reading much of the comments in this thread, decided to take the plunge and order myself a DX50 also. 9th batch to be more specific.

Going to use it with a pair of Amperiors as my on the go rig. Should be good.

good choice!
post #6479 of 18427

 

It's just sublime setup for jh16(not freqphase).  Unbelievable. 

Adding Uber cable make whole lot better!! everything, sound stage no hissing, Perfect!!!

post #6480 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

...

What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?
1244993220053.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016