or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 395

post #5911 of 18426
I know this may sound dumb but can someone tell me why the option to update is gone after 1.2.3
post #5912 of 18426

updated mine to 1.2.3beta using the RKBatchtool, so far so good.

post #5913 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

I know this may sound dumb but can someone tell me why the option to update is gone after 1.2.3

It's not gone it just appears only when the update.img file sits in the main dap memory, then the update menu appears. If the file is not there it won't be in the menu.
post #5914 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh View Post

Dear Ibasso dont change the sound signature, its perfect now,i am loving it.ksc75smile.gif

+1 I am afraid they may impact it with the final update frown.gif
post #5915 of 18426
just updated from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 beta (7th batch) without a hiccup. definitely sounds less warm and more clear, which I like.

who found the 1.2.3 beta update? I didn't see it on ibassos site in the download section
post #5916 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


It's not gone it just appears only when the update.img file sits in the main dap memory, then the update menu appears. If the file is not there it won't be in the menu.

It's literally right there in the "read me" lulz

 

 

"Instruction For Firmware upgrade:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX50;
2, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears after the DX50 has the update.img inside);
3, click OK to start the firmware update;
4, after the firmware update completed, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX50;
5, delete the update.img."

post #5917 of 18426

Finally got the recovery menu to appear after a long while.  Seems to have been blind luck, as I can't really tell when the thing was on or off.  Wish it has a little LED power light or something.  Booting to a black screen and off obviously looks the same, and whenever I put the battery back in it would seemingly turn itself back on to another black screen.  That was all quite horrible, but now am back and running again.

post #5918 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfurbal View Post

Finally got the recovery menu to appear after a long while.  Seems to have been blind luck, as I can't really tell when the thing was on or off.  Wish it has a little LED power light or something.  Booting to a black screen and off obviously looks the same, and whenever I put the battery back in it would seemingly turn itself back on to another black screen.  That was all quite horrible, but now am back and running again.

It's amazing what a hardware reset can do, sad we have to get to that level to make it work though frown.gif
post #5919 of 18426

Bass is like a thunder ,very deep, incredible little player:basshead:

post #5920 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh View Post
 

Bass is like a thunder ,very deep, incredible little player:basshead:

Agreed, I have songs that reproduce the big bang effect on their tracks and it is just incredible through the DX50. Unbelievable it is coming from this small player. :L3000:

post #5921 of 18426
Thread Starter 

If there is anyone wanting to sell their DX50 please drop me a line, I will need another for a friend. Thank you!

post #5922 of 18426

I'm not liking what I'm hearing regarding the Base... Hope it's not just cranked up in quantity and the perceived Authority increase in low frequencies is a result of firmware optimization...

post #5923 of 18426

Man, that bass...

 

It seems like there is better imaging and separation as well. Slightly larger soundstage?

post #5924 of 18426

Can someone post a link of the beta firmware?

post #5925 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

I'm not liking what I'm hearing regarding the Base... Hope it's not just cranked up in quantity and the perceived Authority increase in low frequencies is a result of firmware optimization...

You are a hard man to please. To me this is just a wider soundstage, we did not hit those low notes before so now we have it, don't complain embrace it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016