or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 394

post #5896 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfurbal View Post
 

I upgraded to this 1.2.3 beta, though obviously I should not have.  It initially seemed like all was good, did the factory reset afterwards and let it scan the media.  Then I touched the volume control and then it like crashed.  Now it boots to the ibasso screen and sits there flickering, and it won't boot to the recovery screen either.  It's fubar now.

No no, it did the same thing for me, I raised the volume quickly and it just went into a frenzy, rebooted. Then I did a factory reset and it went back to normal. Just do that, follow the same instructions I provided above and you'll be fine.

post #5897 of 18427

It works now got 1.2.3 running and scanning media now.

post #5898 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 

 

Keep trying, eventually you'll get into recovery mode. Take the sd card out, shutdown the dap by hitting the power on button for a long time until it shuts down. Then hit the power on and volume + button together at the same time for at least 4 seconds and you should get into the hardware recovery screen. There just follow the instructions to do a factory reset.

Thanks for the help

post #5899 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 

No no, it did the same thing for me, I raised the volume quickly and it just went into a frenzy, rebooted. Then I did a factory reset and it went back to normal. Just do that, follow the same instructions I provided above and you'll be fine.

 

 

I don't know how to get it to initial another factory reset, I can't get it to show the recovery screen at all.  It either boots to a black screen, or boots to the ibasso audio logo screen and flickers.  I am going to downgrade back to 1.2.2 if I can ever get to the recovery menu, which appears broken now.  

post #5900 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfurbal View Post
 

 

 

I don't know how to get it to initial another factory reset, I can't get it to show the recovery screen at all.  It either boots to a black screen, or boots to the ibasso audio logo screen and flickers.  I am going to downgrade back to 1.2.2 if I can ever get to the recovery menu, which appears broken now.  

stupid question...did u try to take away battery ?

post #5901 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeKo View Post
 

stupid question...did u try to take away battery ?

 

 

yup, removed it 3 times now.  

post #5902 of 18427

Firmware 1.2.3 Indescribable, great compliment to iBasso.

post #5903 of 18427

Lilfurbal

somewhere in thread, was message about recovering bricked dx50 with rktools...may be it'll work


Edited by SergeKo - 11/3/13 at 12:33pm
post #5904 of 18427

ouh..mine sticks on ibasso logo too..no recovery mode (

post #5905 of 18427

Lilfurbal

i've got it...if u push buttons for too long - u willn't have recovery mode.

just 4 seconds! and - bingo!

 

 

btw.. i have troubles after full scan colmlete...ill never scan card in future

post #5906 of 18427

So i just connected my DX50 to my comp for the first time, and I see the only folder on there called ".album_img"

 

Looks like it had cover art for all my old stuff that was on my sdcard (which isn't in the DX50 right now). I am going to format my sdcard and put totally different music on it, my questions is - Can I delete this folder and will the DX50 automatically recreate it when it scans my new songs that I am putting on the sdcard?

post #5907 of 18427

Best sound from frimware beta 1.2.3 

High is clear ,airy, instruments separation is better, overall its better then 1.2.2

:etysmile:​ media scanning is lot faster

Sounds more headphone like hd800 With akg k3003:L3000:


Edited by mahesh - 11/3/13 at 1:14pm
post #5908 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

So i just connected my DX50 to my comp for the first time, and I see the only folder on there called ".album_img"

Looks like it had cover art for all my old stuff that was on my sdcard (which isn't in the DX50 right now). I am going to format my sdcard and put totally different music on it, my questions is - Can I delete this folder and will the DX50 automatically recreate it when it scans my new songs that I am putting on the sdcard?

The answer apparently is yes, once you insert the card and it will prompt you to scan, select scan and let it go for 20 to 30 minutes at the most for a 64gb full card and it should delete that folder content and replace it with your new card song references.

I did delete mine before because I did not follow the two insertion rule Sorensiim mentioned.

Apparently when you insert the card twice, it will delete the content and replace it with the new songs.
post #5909 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Please anyone having Questions about the DX50 operations or reset info or else, refer to our good friend Sorensiim DX50 FAQ page. A lot of your questions can be answered from there and if it can't just go and add any missing info. This is a collective area for DX50 owners to get acquainted with the power and beauty of their DX50 dap.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx50-faq
post #5910 of 18427

Dear Ibasso dont change the sound signature, its perfect now,i am loving it.:ksc75smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016