or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 366

post #5476 of 18426
Is it possible it's not static causing an issue but the act of moving around while DX50 is playing. Could be the physical vibration causing the problem?
post #5477 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Is it possible it's not static causing an issue but the act of moving around while DX50 is playing. Could be the physical vibration causing the problem?

 

Even if that is the case, I'm still inclined to think that it is just one (or two) faulty device and not a design problem... 

post #5478 of 18426
I just saw an update on my DHL tracking, my DX50 already arrived and waiting for me when I get home. I'm going to get my hands on it very soon. Hopefully, I don't encounter head-scrathing issues (finger crossed).
post #5479 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy2 View Post
 

 

 

Are you sure that's not just a hardware failure unique to yours? Mine failed and it looked pretty similar.... My replacement due tomorrow.

 

700

 

 

 

 

this looks simply DEFECT, cannot and should not happen like this.

post #5480 of 18426
Good spotting Gintaras!!
post #5481 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Good spotting Gintaras!!

 

wait mate for when i get mine, hopefully no such issues. actually i was too stupid not to order in first to third batch because now iBasso is drawning in new orders and so make quality might suffer....i hope NOT but,.... keep fingers crossed.

post #5482 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Is it possible it's not static causing an issue but the act of moving around while DX50 is playing. Could be the physical vibration causing the problem?

 

I'm quite sure its static that is affecting the DX50 for some crazy reason (If I hold it and shake it around its fine, so its not vibration/movement), It seems I'm going to have to send mine back, for refund :(  I'm just gonna get the Sony ZX1 instead, FFS, at least a big name company won't have random stupid issues I hope. I'm still at a loss as to how a hardware fault could cause my DX50 to be susceptible to static, but whatever it is my DX50 can not be classified as a portable DAP, because if I use it on the move it becomes a portable CRAP.

post #5483 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

I'm quite sure its static that is affecting the DX50 for some crazy reason (If I hold it and shake it around its fine, so its not vibration/movement), It seems I'm going to have to send mine back, for refund :(  I'm just gonna get the Sony ZX1 instead, FFS, at least a big name company won't have random stupid issues I hope. I'm still at a loss as to how a hardware fault could cause my DX50 to be susceptible to static, but whatever it is my DX50 can not be classified as a portable DAP, because if I use it on the move it becomes a portable CRAP.

 

this is very weird because it must not be like this .... i hope this is Defect and can be replaced because otherwise it means DX50 has some serious design issues.... gladly we hear about this for the first time.

post #5484 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

 

wait mate for when i get mine, hopefully no such issues. actually i was too stupid not to order in first to third batch because now iBasso is drawning in new orders and so make quality might suffer....i hope NOT but,.... keep fingers crossed.


See how you go, we don't talk about the problems here because people tend to get upset.

DX50 simply wasn't strong enough technically for me in the end, mine had good detail and resolution at higher volumes, however I lust for wider stage, more air, and some intense instrument seperation and while we're at it something slightly cooler crisper in tonality. Long story short personally I prefer the hisound players. (namely the BA and Studio) But as you can see, people love DX50, they really love DX50 so it might just be for you too. 

post #5485 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

wait mate for when i get mine, hopefully no such issues. actually i was too stupid not to order in first to third batch because now iBasso is drawning in new orders and so make quality might suffer....i hope NOT but,.... keep fingers crossed.

I was thinking the opposite. Hoping later batches should have given Ibasso enough feedback and experience so they can spot/fix problems with production. same goes with FW. Now you are making me nervous.
post #5486 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard327 View Post

Never had this static electricity problem. My DX50 is always on my pants pocket most of the time. Even tried it with materials made of synthetics ( aside from cotton, linen ) but still working fine.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

That won't work, mp4 nation took a month to ship my DX50, I also asked about compensatory iem's, no deal :P Its not their fault anyway, iBasso can only ship out so many DX50's, mp4nation is only distributing them for very cheap and throwing in the R3 is already a good deal.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy2 View Post
 

I do think that there's a good chance that yours is faulty - and the nature of the fault is display hardware, exacerbated by usage pattern. The fact that no one else has reported issues with static and that the screen is failing in a similar diagonal way to mine highlights the high probability that it is hardware failure.

 

It only took a few hours for mine to go from first signs to complete failure, so maybe your position will be clearer soon. If that is the case, Ibasso were very efficient and courteous when it came to organising the replacement. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

that never happened to me. I use it mainly on move in my jeans/jacket pocket (one of those is like a ******* electrostatic generator - even pulling my DX50 out of its pocket sometimes triggers a discharge that could easily knock out a little insect :D ) and it held up nicely. maybe yours is defective? 

 

 

Same, walk around my office with it in my cotton pants all the time. Never happens.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

I'm quite sure its static that is affecting the DX50 for some crazy reason (If I hold it and shake it around its fine, so its not vibration/movement), It seems I'm going to have to send mine back, for refund :(  I'm just gonna get the Sony ZX1 instead, FFS, at least a big name company won't have random stupid issues I hope. I'm still at a loss as to how a hardware fault could cause my DX50 to be susceptible to static, but whatever it is my DX50 can not be classified as a portable DAP, because if I use it on the move it becomes a portable CRAP.

 

Hardware defects can manifest in many ways. Lots of us walk around with them in our pockets, and this doesn't happen to us. If it's really static causing it, it could be some sort of shielding missing. Manufacturing defects are common across industries. But in a small niche market, they're going to be a lot more common.

post #5487 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

I'm quite sure its static that is affecting the DX50 for some crazy reason (If I hold it and shake it around its fine, so its not vibration/movement), It seems I'm going to have to send mine back, for refund :(  I'm just gonna get the Sony ZX1 instead, FFS, at least a big name company won't have random stupid issues I hope. I'm still at a loss as to how a hardware fault could cause my DX50 to be susceptible to static, but whatever it is my DX50 can not be classified as a portable DAP, because if I use it on the move it becomes a portable CRAP.

If the internal grounding fails, static could become a serious issue. 

 

On behalf of Team Yes-there-are-quirks-but-we-really-like-the-DX50, I hereby urge you to consider a replacement. If the second DX50 fcks up the same way, feel free* to jump ship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*On the sole condition that you report back about the ZX1. Sure looks good.

post #5488 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

If the internal grounding fails, static could become a serious issue. 

 

On behalf of Team Yes-there-are-quirks-but-we-really-like-the-DX50, I hereby urge you to consider a replacement. If the second DX50 fcks up the same way, feel free* to jump ship.

 

 

 

*On the sole condition that you report back about the ZX1. Sure looks good.

 

Besides, what are you going to do for the next month? I will very likely be selling my DX50 in December/January after I get the ZX1, unless it's terrible. But I need something until then!

post #5489 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

If the internal grounding fails, static could become a serious issue. 

 

On behalf of Team Yes-there-are-quirks-but-we-really-like-the-DX50, I hereby urge you to consider a replacement. If the second DX50 fcks up the same way, feel free* to jump ship.

*On the sole condition that you report back about the ZX1. Sure looks good.

 

Ahh! so that's it! That little pin under the battery cover must not be making contact with the aluminium back plate when closed, thus the grounding has failed, which is causing all these issues. Hmm, well I have tried re seating the battery cover, but it seems that there is no contact to the pin. So its just a simple problem, causing big trouble, but how to fix it? Nonetheless I don't like the crude method of grounding employed on the DX50, as it is quite susceptible to failure over time, eg the more times you remove the back plate the more worn out the contact area to the pin will get, and could eventually lose contact and grounding. I'm sad to see the X5 uses the same method of pin to back plate grounding :(  Looks like it might be ZX1 for me.


Edited by T.R.A.N.C.E. - 10/30/13 at 5:09am
post #5490 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

Ahh! so that's it! That little pin under the battery cover must not be making contact with the aluminium back plate when closed, thus the grounding has failed, which is causing all these issues. Hmm, well I have tried re seating the battery cover, but it seems that there is no contact to the pin. So its just a simple problem, causing big trouble, but how to fix it? Nonetheless I don't like the crude method of grounding employed on the DX50, as it is quite susceptible to failure over time, eg the more times you remove the back plate the more worn out the contact area to the pin will get, and could eventually lose contact and grounding. I'm sad to see the X5 uses the same method of pin to back plate grounding :(  Looks like it might be ZX1 for me.

I have no idea if the pin is used for grounding. If so, any of us should be able to cover that pin and reproduce your problem.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016