or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 340

post #5086 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elthrax View Post


yeah i used the end of my headphones connector to simply touch the rim of the coaxial port and it moved. yeah i think its in the root since i just opened the microsd page and just dropped it in there. am i suppose to put it in a folder? all i have in the card is just that img file.

no just drop it in. Not in the folder.
Edited by jamato8 - 10/26/13 at 7:53am
post #5087 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post


no just drop it in. Not in the folder.


dropped it in,  couldnt find where the file is in the recovery mode :/

post #5088 of 18427
Just received my OTG cable and 128Gb USB stick...works perfectly.....so here's a couple of pics biggrin.gif



post #5089 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

Thanks H20 this is exactly what I'm looking for, and at a great price!

EDIT: I'm in the states tho, it shipping going to be different?

Far as I'm aware he will ship worldwide but should be the same (or similar) price for shipping.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 10/26/13 at 8:42am
post #5090 of 18427

Just placed my order!

 

Might be a bit late but was wondering about peoples opinions of how the DX50 will go running the Westone 4r and Heir audio 5.0+ ?

post #5091 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Far as I'm aware he will ship worldwide but should be the same (or similar) price for shipping.


nice that's awesome
post #5092 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post
 

:D while we're on this topic I would love to learn how to make my own interconnects, can anyone point me in that direction?

I hoped to find a ~2 min video on this matter, but I couldn't find it.

 

Basically you need:
A soldering iron (+- $15)

Tin

A soldering clamp station like this: http://www.micromark.com/third-hand-soldering-station,9380.html

And ofcourse the cable parts. I really like the neutrik 3.5mm angled jack plug. But if you're using this, please get a thin cable. 

On contrary to popular believe, you really do not need a thick, or silver cable. Especially since these cables are usually much shorter than 1 meter, the resistance of the cable is negligible. 

 

For the soldering, you should know that the solder/tin always flows in the direction of heat. So warm up that piece of cable, and the metal you are attaching it to. Hold the tin against (or very close) to the soldering tip (that is now warming up the cable and attachment piece of the plug), see the tin melt into place, and remove the soldering iron. That's basically it.

post #5093 of 18427

Has anyone checked how fast the built-in micro SD card reader of DX-50?

 

From where I live the 64GB Sandisk extreme is 50% more exprensive than the 64GB Sandisk Ultra.

 

If the DX50 can maximize the read speed of the extreme card then I will go for it. I suppose this will help for faster scanning of files.

 

If DX50 is nowhere near the max read speed of the extreme card then I'll save some money and get the Ultra instead.

post #5094 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elthrax View Post


yeah i used the end of my headphones connector to simply touch the rim of the coaxial port and it moved. yeah i think its in the root since i just opened the microsd page and just dropped it in there. i tried putting it in a folder too but i cant seem to find it. all i have in the card is just that update.img file. exFAT should be the correct format for my microsdxc card right?

You don't need to find the file. If you put the .img file in your sd card, once you navigate the recovery option down to the "Update from SD card" choice, just select that option by pressing the on/off button and the recovery system should find the file and begin the update process.
Edited by HiFlight - 10/26/13 at 9:15am
post #5095 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Has anyone checked how fast the built-in micro SD card reader of DX-50?

From where I live the 64GB Sandisk extreme is 50% more exprensive than the 64GB Sandisk Ultra.

If the DX50 can maximize the read speed of the extreme card then I will go for it. I suppose this will help for faster scanning of files.

If DX50 is nowhere near the max read speed of the extreme card then I'll save some money and get the Ultra instead.

The DX50 card reader is USB 2.0 compatible with it's limited speed. One way to speed up reading the card is to use a USB 3.0 compatible card reader and that is only for file transfer. I don't think you gonna gain much using the more expansive card from the DX50 reader point of view.
post #5096 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


You don't need to find the file. If you put the .img file in your sd card, once you navigate the recovery option down to the "Update from SD card" choice, just select that option by pressing the on/off button and the recovery system should find the file and begin the update process

im guessing its the third option where it says "apply update from external storage" ? nothing happened when i clicked that. it just brings me back to the current page with all the options. not sure what im doing wrong here :/

post #5097 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


The DX50 card reader is USB 2.0 compatible with it's limited speed. One way to speed up reading the card is to use a USB 3.0 compatible card reader and that is only for file transfer. I don't think you gonna gain much using the more expansive card from the DX50 reader point of view.



Thanks. I guess the best way to transfer files to the SD card is still from a PC which supports USB 3.0 and just plug it in to DX50.

post #5098 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post



Thanks. I guess the best way to transfer files to the SD card is still from a PC which supports USB 3.0 and just plug it in to DX50.

Not quite, you need to buy a USB compatible micro card reader and use it in a USB 3.0 PC port. I have done just that and was able to double up the transfer speed compared to transferring the files from the DX50.

Something like the following :


Edited by musicheaven - 10/26/13 at 9:40am
post #5099 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elthrax View Post

im guessing its the third option where it says "apply update from external storage" ? nothing happened when i clicked that. it just brings me back to the current page with all the options. not sure what im doing wrong here :/

I would try downloading the update zip file again, extract it to your desktop and drag and drop it onto the internal memory card. Disconnect from computer safely, turn off the DX50, turn it back on and look in the Advanced menu again for the firmware update option. If a proper .img file is present in the internal memory root, it will show the Firmware Update option.

You did EXTRACT the .img file from the downloaded zip file first before copying it to your DX50 didn't you?
post #5100 of 18427

Sorry for the confusion Musicheaven but that is exactly what I meant

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016