or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 320

post #4786 of 18427

^^

What's with the quote lol?

post #4787 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Damn, it turns out it only works for some songs. The soundstage has gotten bigger, I swear.

 

It turns out that all my songs after N are stuffed up. Any idea why?

 

Quote:


Me too. And here I thought it was just my imagination working overtime!

 I thought you guys went for happy hours together but noticed that it has gotten wider too. I hope it's not group think. :ksc75smile:


Edited by musicheaven - 10/23/13 at 4:26pm
post #4788 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

What happened to the media scanning right after the boot up?

Wow, did they finally get rid of that totally unnecessary step - thank god. Does this mean that when you turn the device on, it goes to the now playing screen and allows you to start from where you left off? That was my favorite functionality with the iPod - being able to just simply hit the play button twice and instantly be able start where you left off. Now if only they can FW away the required startup time with an Apple-like sleep mode and allow us to play from where we last left off within two clicks.

 

IMO, the scanning option should only pop up when a new card is inserted with a manual option buried in the advanced settings options. Does everyone agree, or am I missing something?

 

I'm personally afraid to update from my current v1.6 until Rudi gives the all clear with sound quality. Rudi, are you going to add this to your FW sound quality comparison soon? Does anyone else have an idea of the SQ difference compared to 1.6 which seems to be everyone's previous favorite?

post #4789 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Damn, it turns out it only works for some songs. The soundstage has gotten bigger, I swear.

 

It turns out that all my songs after N are stuffed up. Any idea why?

 

I had issues with media scanning that I never had before.  I had to remove and re-insert the card around 5 times before it finally decided to scan the entire card.  I had the auto-off set to 20 minutes and screen to 30 sec.

 

EDIT:  I was wrong .. the entire card did not get scanned.  I open up and album and noticed that the first 3 tracks were missing.  Checked the tags and all looks fine.  I wonder how many other albums are missing tracks .. :P

 

I went to the play album in question via the directory mode and the unit scanned the album.  I the went back to the album via the album mode and the songs were still not there.  I rebooted the unit and went to the album via album view and the songs where now there but were played at the bottom of this listing instead of at the top where they belong.  :)


Edited by BigAinCA - 10/23/13 at 5:14pm
post #4790 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuthecaveman View Post


I want this on DX100! Lol I guess Linux is easier than Android to implement. Convert the DX100 to Linux! Sorry for the OT

Nice work iBasso smily_headphones1.gif mine (used, got from a friend) is going to arrive today hopefully smily_headphones1.gif

 

Well, Android is based on Linux. :deadhorse:

post #4791 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
It turns out that all my songs after N are stuffed up. Any idea why? 

I have about 35G on my card.  I set my auto off to 20 minutes and kicked off a scan by removing the card and re-inserting.  Whenever the screen blanked out, I just kept hitting the power button to turn it back on.  Mine scanned everything fine.  It took a while, but I just entertained myself reading all of the upgrade stories in this thread.

So maybe it is a timeout setting.

post #4792 of 18427

Yes.......The sound stage is wider and you don't need a third party to rubber stamp and approve it.  Let your ears tell you what is acceptable.  All subjective and all different ears.  By the way, woman have a better sense of frequency response and overall sound quality.  If you are in tizzy and don't know what to do.......Well, make a new friend, that would be a lady string player...Oh, keyboards are acceptable.

 

Thanks Ibasso for a wonderful DX 50 that just keeps getting better.

post #4793 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

Damn, it turns out it only works for some songs. The soundstage has gotten bigger, I swear. 

It turns out that all my songs after N are stuffed up. Any idea why? 

Yups, it has wider soundatage, more bass, an thicker mids than V1.2.0, IMO.

Now the factory, speccialy the firmware developer, please made this player work as portable DAC and support usb sound out biggrin.gif
post #4794 of 18427

Do you have problem with 24 bits flac with the new firmware update?

post #4795 of 18427

Finally installed the FW. Scroll bar FTW! Also, props to iBasso for including in-list memory in directory mode. Initially these bugs made my trade for the DX50 so-so, but since this update, I feel like I definitely won out!

post #4796 of 18427

oh geez.... I shouldn't have spent last nite watching the new episode of Bron/Broen....and instead flashing this new firmware.... now I am at work already.....the media scanning fix is really what i need

post #4797 of 18427
Where are you getting this fw 1.2.2 from?
post #4798 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

What happened to the media scanning right after the boot up?

Wow, did they finally get rid of that totally unnecessary step - thank god. Does this mean that when you turn the device on, it goes to the now playing screen and allows you to start from where you left off? That was my favorite functionality with the iPod - being able to just simply hit the play button twice and instantly be able start where you left off. Now if only they can FW away the required startup time with an Apple-like sleep mode and allow us to play from where we last left off within two clicks.

 

IMO, the scanning option should only pop up when a new card is inserted with a manual option buried in the advanced settings options. Does everyone agree, or am I missing something?

 

I'm personally afraid to update from my current v1.6 until Rudi gives the all clear with sound quality. Rudi, are you going to add this to your FW sound quality comparison soon? Does anyone else have an idea of the SQ difference compared to 1.6 which seems to be everyone's previous favorite?


1. It has to scan. The fastest way to add tracks is to remove the card and add them. You should do this when the device is off, so when you start, it needs to scan to see if there is anything new. I suppose they could add an option, but scanning on start is just what android devices do. Nice of it was a background process, but I doubt the processor has the horsepower for that.

2. There is no SQ difference that you (or Rudi) would ever hear of your testing was blind.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
Edited by reginalb - 10/23/13 at 7:49pm
post #4799 of 18427

Ok after hearing that newest update was stable i install v1.2 on my DX50 now its stuck on the "iBasso Audio" logo.

It went through the update said it was rebooting now its stuck.

Anyone has a fix for this issue?

post #4800 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

Where are you getting this fw 1.2.2 from?

 

Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.2.zip

 

Ibasso had it on their site, then they took it down :confused:

 

But I'm guessing its because they realized that this firmware was so bug free and sounded so good that no one would buy their DX100 anymore, so they pulled it to make some "adjustments", lol, :P

 

Were lucky sorensiim has it up anyway!


Edited by T.R.A.N.C.E. - 10/23/13 at 6:48pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016