or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 304

post #4546 of 18427

I'm seriously considering selling my DX100 and upgrading my portable amp for use with the DX50. Am I a crazy person?

 

I find that 64gigs are enough for my needs and the UI of the DX50 is just so much better. With an amp, I really find myself enjoying it with my ciems. My DX100 got zero playtime today! I wonder how the SR71-B or RSA Intruder would stack with the DX50, I've always wanted to go balanced...

post #4547 of 18427

Okay, getting annoyed here, just sold my KEF M200's to part fund a DX 50 and now the ibasso site is down.

 

Arrrrrrgh!

 

Doesn't anyone want my money.

 

BTW - saw an unboxing on youtube, the unit is bigger than I thought it would be but it looks mighty nice.

post #4548 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post
 

Can someone confirm if iBasso said that USB Audio would never be supported or even possible on the DX50?   Thanks!

 

They haven't rejected the idea yet, but they want to make the player a little more stable first before adding more functions to it. So it's a "we'll talk about it later" kind-of response. That's what i got through the email when i asked about a few bugs i was having.

post #4549 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
I'm seriously considering selling my DX100 and upgrading my portable amp for use with the DX50. Am I a crazy person?

I find that 64gigs are enough for my needs and the UI of the DX50 is just so much better. With an amp, I really find myself enjoying it with my ciems. My DX100 got zero playtime today! I wonder how the SR71-B or RSA Intruder would stack with the DX50, I've always wanted to go balanced...

 

Sorensiim.  The RSA Intruder is a perfect physical match.  Like they shared footprint info when each was in the planning stage.  I just built a mini to mini cable for the pair yesterday, so I have limited time with DX50 with the Intruder.  But the limited amount of listening sounded wonderful.  The Intruder seems to take just a little bit of the harshness off the top end.

(The harshness may be limited burn-in.  I'm sure that my DX50 has less than 50 hours on it.)

I will try to post pics when I get a chance.

post #4550 of 18427

I use The Lightning and the Intruder and the Intruder is a great fit. Somehow iBasso got more detail out of the 8740 than I thought possible. With a good amp there is all the acoustical space, detail and bass slam I could ask for. I am amazed at the line output. Would I give up my DX100? Not sure but I am using the DX50 with an amp or unamped most all the time now. 

post #4551 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post
 

Very sexy!!

 

Can anyone comment on the size of the BH2 with the DX50?


I have the BH2 under the DX50.....takes up almost 3/4 of said DAP........Good fit and great pairing for the price.

post #4552 of 18427

The DB2 and iBasso PB2 also work extremely well. 

post #4553 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I use The Lightning and the Intruder and the Intruder is a great fit. Somehow iBasso got more detail out of the 8740 than I thought possible. With a good amp there is all the acoustical space, detail and bass slam I could ask for. I am amazed at the line output. Would I give up my DX100? Not sure but I am using the DX50 with an amp or unamped most all the time now. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

The DB2 and iBasso PB2 also work extremely well. 

I am agree with jamato8 recommendation
for high end amp The Intruder and
DAC Amp combo for better SQ DB2 as DAC. and PB2 as Amp or you can combine with the Intruder going in Balance mode
post #4554 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBop Lives View Post
 


I have the BH2 under the DX50.....takes up almost 3/4 of said DAP........Good fit and great pairing for the price.

nice!

post #4555 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olanzky View Post


what model of comply tips are using on 4.ai?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

 

I use Comply Ts-400 on my 4.ai and they work well.

post #4556 of 18427

When abouts next year is the DB3 and PB3 rumoured to surface?

post #4557 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olanzky View Post

what model of comply tips are using on 4.ai?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

I've used both the T200 and T400, to no avail.
post #4558 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I'm seriously considering selling my DX100 and upgrading my portable amp for use with the DX50. Am I a crazy person?

I find that 64gigs are enough for my needs and the UI of the DX50 is just so much better. With an amp, I really find myself enjoying it with my ciems. My DX100 got zero playtime today! I wonder how the SR71-B or RSA Intruder would stack with the DX50, I've always wanted to go balanced...

If you don't have any hard to drive HP and don't want to have multistack rig, don't sell.

The DX50 + Intruder is a nice idea lol

Also I'm considering to change the DX100, but I'm still curious with the secret 'APP' for it. Could be a game winner? lol
Edited by xnuthecaveman - 10/21/13 at 3:54pm
post #4559 of 18427
So what would be a better pairing with the DX50,
1) Jds labs C5
2) C&C bh2
3) Ibasso d-zero
post #4560 of 18427
What headphone will you be using?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016