or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 302

post #4516 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post
 

I have two folders on my DX50 which are listed as "LOST.DIR" one of these is on the internal storage of my DX50 and the other is on my 64Gb Sandisk Micro SD card.

 

I assume that these are more than likely files that have been deleted at some point.....however I cannot get rid of them.....I have tried deleting them but they just keep re-appearing. Can anybody advise as to what they actually are and if they are deleted albums or files...how I can get rid of them??

it's an android system. you can't simply delete them, they will appear. they need to be there for the player to function normally...

post #4517 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7mark View Post
 


Very interested in your thoughts on compatibility and synergy with the 4.Ai.

 

Look forward to your review.

 

Mark

Using Comply foam tips I must say the 4.Ai does quite well with the DX50, but adding an amp helps open things up. Then again, this is true for my $1600 Noble Audio Kaiser 10 as well :) 

 

For a very enjoyable, neutral-ish-but-ever-so-slightly-warm presentation, I wouldn't hesitate recommending the DX50 + 4.Ai. Toss in an amp and everything gets a bit better, only you (and your usage habits) can decide if the improvements are worth the added bulk. I have no problems with hiss, but the very sensitive 4.Ai lets me hear (very, very faintly) when I'm scrolling through the album view!

post #4518 of 18426
Interesting....for me, the 4.Ai/DX50 combo is plagued by unbearable hiss and boomy, one-note bass. Am I missing something here?
post #4519 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

Interesting....for me, the 4.Ai/DX50 combo is plagued by unbearable hiss and boomy, one-note bass. Am I missing something here?

:confused:

 

And your 4.Ai sounds just fine from other sources? I get ZERO hiss with mine on high gain/160-170 volume.

post #4520 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Using Comply foam tips I must say the 4.Ai does quite well with the DX50, but adding an amp helps open things up. Then again, this is true for my $1600 Noble Audio Kaiser 10 as well :) 

 

For a very enjoyable, neutral-ish-but-ever-so-slightly-warm presentation, I wouldn't hesitate recommending the DX50 + 4.Ai. Toss in an amp and everything gets a bit better, only you (and your usage habits) can decide if the improvements are worth the added bulk. I have no problems with hiss, but the very sensitive 4.Ai lets me hear (very, very faintly) when I'm scrolling through the album view!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

Interesting....for me, the 4.Ai/DX50 combo is plagued by unbearable hiss and boomy, one-note bass. Am I missing something here?

 

this is my combo so far. 4.ai (forza cable) + DX50 + Heron (topkits) via Ibasso IC copper. i don't hear any hiss whatsoever. although im looking for 1964ears V6-S for an upgrade, i dont know if this will give me significant upgrade to my 4.ai. coz as of now this combo was such perfect for my ears.

post #4521 of 18426
My 4.Ai was fine with all of my other amps and sources. I too am using Comply tips--maybe I've been using the wrong size?
post #4522 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

My 4.Ai was fine with all of my other amps and sources. I too am using Comply tips--maybe I've been using the wrong size?

If it sounds fine with your other amps and sources, then I wouldn't blame the tips. I find it odd that you get hiss and I don't... Too bad that we don't live close to eachother so we could try swapping DX50's :)

post #4523 of 18426

Also, when I was testing the DX50 -> 4.Ai combo, I caught myself missing the DX100 -> Noble Kaiser 10 rig... 

 

 

First world audiophile problems - Only on Head-Fi! :D

post #4524 of 18426

^^

Lol :D!

post #4525 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Also, when I was testing the DX50 -> 4.Ai combo, I caught myself missing the DX100 -> Noble Kaiser 10 rig... 

 

 

First world audiophile problems - Only on Head-Fi! :D

 

And I am sitting here just thoroughly enjoying my DX50 > RE-262. :D

 

Yet most people I know think I am crazy to spend what spend on this stuff. I guess it's all relative. 

post #4526 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginalb View Post
 

 

And I am sitting here just thoroughly enjoying my DX50 > RE-262. :D

 

Yet most people I know think I am crazy to spend what spend on this stuff. I guess it's all relative. 

My kids saw my K10 a few weeks ago: 

 

Kids: "Wow dad, is that real gold?"

Me: "Sure is!"
Kids: "AWESOME! You're the coolest dad ever!"

Wife (arms crossed, with a voice 2 degrees above absolute zero): "How much?"

post #4527 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginalb View Post
 

 

Yet most people I know think I am crazy to spend what spend on this stuff. I guess it's all relative. 

Especially if you start considering non-portable audio.:)

post #4528 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

My kids saw my K10 a few weeks ago: 

 

Kids: "Wow dad, is that real gold?"

Me: "Sure is!"
Kids: "AWESOME! You're the coolest dad ever!"

Wife (arms crossed, with a voice 2 degrees above absolute zero): "How much?"

 

Not going to lie, those things are sick. I have my first CIEMs on the way, but they're not going to have any gold in them, hahaha. 

post #4529 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard327 View Post


I suggest you check out Tralucent T1. HUGE improvement in SQ smily_headphones1.gif

Can you explain more how T1 improve the sound of DX50?

post #4530 of 18426

Welp, thanks head-fi, really.

 

I've just spent €300 on the jds labs O2, C5, and cable components to make the interconnects. 

Actually that's fairly little for two highly regarded amps, and good cable components. Oh god, I've been brainwashed.

 

But stll, new gear incoming :3

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016