or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 281

post #4201 of 18426
@Jason, less than 5 minutes.
If stuck on boot, just turn off then press on+volume up, hold, release on button while still press the volume up, now you enter the recovery mode.
Do update firmware or factory reset.
post #4202 of 18426

Actually IGNORE that last post, Ive now sorted it and it seems to be running on V1.2.0 FW.

post #4203 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by pOOB73 View Post

my experience is the first scan takes quite a while. Scans after that are quicker.

I've got the same here. How long would scanning a 64GB MicroSD which is full of FLAC files approximately take? I left it running for around 10 minutes, but it didn't go beyond the "scanning media" screen.
post #4204 of 18426

Guys I'm really torn between DX 50 and the AK 100 . Price difference aside . How much sound quality are we compromising here ? or any other opinion would be greatly appreciated . cheers.

post #4205 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmike View Post
 

Guys I'm really torn between DX 50 and the AK 100 . Price difference aside . How much sound quality are we compromising here ? or any other opinion would be greatly appreciated . cheers.

The general concensus here is the the DX50 is a good deal for their price. it should be price much higher.

The build quality is noticeably better, SQ is not as good, but still awesome. However software is little buggy, which the AK100/120 also experienced when they first released.

post #4206 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent215 View Post
 

The general concensus here is the the DX50 is a good deal for their price. it should be price much higher.

The build quality is noticeably better, SQ is not as good, but still awesome. However software is little buggy, which the AK100/120 also experienced when they first released.

 

I disagree on the part that the build quality is better... AK100 build quality is more solid and refined

Not saying DX50 isn't, but it's not up to that standard IMO.

Other than that, for the price to value definitely DX50 wins hands down.

post #4207 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post
 

 

I disagree on the part that the build quality is better... AK100 build quality is more solid and refined

Not saying DX50 isn't, but it's not up to that standard IMO.

Other than that, for the price to value definitely DX50 wins hands down.

+1 

 

The DX50 is well built and feels solid and is nice and easy to handle.......however the AK120 feels a lot more solid and high end. It feels weighty in the hand. AK120 has far superior build quality.

 

However the sound is a close run thing to my ears and I would say the DX50 is definately closer to the AK120 in that regard.

post #4208 of 18426
Juat got them and lovin them a lot^^ Coming from hisound daps I was used to more aggressive and analytical presentation but I find myself loving the more laid back presentation of the dx50. Yet the details are not lost at all in fact much more refined. Now time to look for a good iem/headphone and amps^^
post #4209 of 18426
Try roll back to firmware 1.1.6, I noticed some differences with firmware 1.2.0.
1.1.6 more forward and warmer than 1.2.0, so its. has more bass, thicker mids, and extended treble (sometimes its uncontrolled, maybe caused by hissing sound of "unstable firmware").
The resolution/detail is no change or on par.

For some people maybe its better, but not for me. I more prefer 1.2.0 house sound, for me its soft treble, tight bass and proporsional mids (not too thick) are good.
1.1.6 still unstable, hissing sound with my fitear 111, random sdcard scan, long loading before playing music, poping sound from amp, and my unit hang up and I must do hard resart.

So I rollback to 1.2.0 and I'm happy biggrin.gif

Its my personal impression, sorry for bad english.
post #4210 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmike View Post

Guys I'm really torn between DX 50 and the AK 100 . Price difference aside . How much sound quality are we compromising here ? or any other opinion would be greatly appreciated . cheers.

I have both. You lose nothing on sound quality and gain line out.
post #4211 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmike View Post

Guys I'm really torn between DX 50 and the AK 100 . Price difference aside . How much sound quality are we compromising here ? or any other opinion would be greatly appreciated . cheers.

Buy both biggrin.gif
post #4212 of 18426

I've owned the Ak100 and sold it to get an AK120 and I also now have a DX50.

 

Personally I would say that the DX50 is better than the AK100 Soundwise and only slightly below the AK120 (considering the DX's price).

 

Also as stated you get a dedicated Line out on the DX as well as HO and Coaxial Out.

post #4213 of 18426
I have disassembled both. The ak100 is no better made. It may feel more solid because it weighs about the same but is smaller. The screens are the same quality and you can carry extra batteries for the dx50 but I am getting over 16 hours run time. I like them both but on the ak100 only after the 22omh resistor was removed on the output.
post #4214 of 18426
very simple, AK dap offers good functionality, stable system and very good sound all packed in slick expensive looking body.
DX50 looks like has a lot going for it but... after reading endless reports about bugs, freezes and similar i feel too much pain would kill its sound and else for me. i wish iBasso worked out system firmware before rolling out to the market because excellent sounding player gets killed by endless hickups.

just an opinion, i am still tempted but bugs really scare me, are there ants too? tongue.gif
post #4215 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Don't know what the deal is, I have it running for days without any issues and truly enjoying this little bugger, for the price I feel I am having a heck of a bargain. The sound is just great, headphones with it just truly shines. It's not even an hesitation, truly glad I bought it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016