or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 266

post #3976 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

ARGH! Now I can't reproduce the clicking sound using the same files, headphones and everything... :mad:

 

Others had reported the same issue previously, I'll be sure to check in if it comes back.

 

 

My guess would be some external interference... I had clicking, once every second or so (very low , barely noticeable) when I had it near (about 1 meter) away fro my cellphone with wifi on. I turned off it and guess what - there was no click any more...

 

but it may very well be something different altogether...

post #3977 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

ARGH! Now I can't reproduce the clicking sound using the same files, headphones and everything... :mad:

 

Others had reported the same issue previously, I'll be sure to check in if it comes back.

How low was the volume? Could be, like nihontoman said, just interference clicks from a cellphone, or a wifi antenna. I first had a similar interference when i was using the DX50 and i placed it close to my cellphone, while it was updating, and it did have some noise added to it. 

post #3978 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post


My guess would be some external interference... I had clicking, once every second or so (very low , barely noticeable) when I had it near (about 1 meter) away fro my cellphone with wifi on. I turned off it and guess what - there was no click any more...

but it may very well be something different altogether...
bet your right...
Edited by IceOgre - 10/13/13 at 12:37pm
post #3979 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post


My guess would be some external interference... I had clicking, once every second or so (very low , barely noticeable) when I had it near (about 1 meter) away fro my cellphone with wifi on. I turned off it and guess what - there was no click any more...

but it may very well be something different altogether...
Back to the lab with me, I'll test some more! It happened as I walked around inside a store, so I guess it could have been caused by my phone struggling to hold on to a signal...
post #3980 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post


Back to the lab with me, I'll test some more! It happened as I walked around inside a store, so I guess it could have been caused by my phone struggling to hold on to a signal...

that could explain something, but yet again - it could also be one of those hard to capture bugs.

post #3981 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by geagle View Post
 

By pressing the power button and the volume up button simultaneously.

It works. Thanks. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by precsmo View Post
 

why don't you prefer flashing to the latest firmware 1.2 and test it out again?

Some people said f/w1.1.6 has a better SQ than 1.2. Thus, I dare not to switch. :)

post #3982 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Wav is the best in term sq for me.
Because wav is like cd one to one .conversion I dont like compress file
I love audiophile sq .better sq with less songs than thousand songs with less sq
If you pair with external dsc snd amp you will notice that wav more pronouce and body 
My IMO
At first I thought you were just trolling, and then I realised you really meant what you said. Well done.
post #3983 of 18426
double post....
post #3984 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombobby289 View Post
 

It works. Thanks. :)

 

Some people said f/w1.1.6 has a better SQ than 1.2. Thus, I dare not to switch. :)

 

 

try it. nothing to loose. you can always revert to the 1.1.6. believe me, even if thee is any SQ difference (which I didn't really notice, therefore, it isn't) 1.2.0 will win you over with much more stable operation and added fatures...

post #3985 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by tak- View Post

At first I thought you were just trolling, and then I realised you really meant what you said. Well done.

Thank you tak-
I want to share my personal audio experience base on truth what I hear , that my friends no need to buy many audio gear like me , they can save money and can find the short way to buy audio gear , that like their wish . biggrin.gif
Edited by rudi0504 - 10/13/13 at 8:41pm
post #3986 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombobby289 View Post
 

It works. Thanks. :)

 

Some people said f/w1.1.6 has a better SQ than 1.2. Thus, I dare not to switch. :)

 

Some other people have also said 1.2 is better though, just do the switch and tell us your impressions :P

post #3987 of 18426
Issues only happened to me for 24/192 files, not going to debate if 192's usefulness but just too lazy to downsample them for this player...
I had the same issue with ibasso db2 using coaxial in for 24/192 files.. the issues happens on all earphones
post #3988 of 18426

My review is up on Headfonics and will be copied here in a few days.

post #3989 of 18426

Has anyone managed to improve the SQ significantly of DX50 by bypassing its internal DAC/AMP with external DAC/AMP? Basically to make DX50 as a Transport.

 

Please share.

post #3990 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannkind246 View Post
 

Has anyone managed to improve the SQ significantly of DX50 by bypassing its internal DAC/AMP with external DAC/AMP? Basically to make DX50 as a Transport.

 

Please share.

 

 

A multitude of people have done exactly that and shared their findings in this very thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016