or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 230

post #3436 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

iComputers yes.....

 

 

.....but not iPods....only the iTouch has 'search'

 

Not true. See my previous post.

post #3437 of 18426
IPod classic has search
post #3438 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

iComputers yes.....

 

 

.....but not iPods....only the iTouch has 'search'

 

Oh, I was specifically asking about dedicated music players, not phones or the like. The point being that it's not usual to find search function in music players, so it's not surprising that the DX-50 doesn't have it either.

 

Kevin


Edited by k3oxkjo - 10/4/13 at 12:52pm
post #3439 of 18426

 

Learned something new! Personally, I doubt I would use this (but I am not into playlists, etc. either), but it's nice that it has the feature for whoever may be interested in using it.

 

Kevin

post #3440 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3oxkjo View Post
 

 

Learned something new! Personally, I doubt I would use this (but I am not into playlists, etc. either), but it's nice that it has the feature for whoever may be interested in using it.

 

Kevin

 

I personally only used it once to see how it worked. The wheel spins fast enough for me that I can zip through the alphabet in under 3 seconds and since I put the music on there it's not hard to find what I'm looking for once I get to the right letter.

post #3441 of 18426

OK, I only left the iOS 'ecosystem' for the greener fields of Android and audiophile DAPs very recently and, on the whole, the transition has been pretty seamless. I've got a 4th batch DX50 that I'm slowly learning to love, and I'm quickly learning that iTunes was very tolerant of poorly tagged files :)

 

But, I'm struggling to replicate the ease with which I could could send my 5* tracks from iTunes to my iPod. Is there a (relatively) straightforward way of doing this with my DX50? My current non-iTunes music manager of choice is MusicBee, but I'm pretty agnostic (with the exception of MediaMonkey - man alive, that's one piece of software I absolutely can't get along with)

post #3442 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidmaven View Post

I personally only used it once to see how it worked. The wheel spins fast enough for me that I can zip through the alphabet in under 3 seconds and since I put the music on there it's not hard to find what I'm looking for once I get to the right letter.

One of the features Apple did well is the scrolling list acceleration among other things. They have always been about the UI and ease of use. You kind get spoiled after using their devices. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3443 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonephace View Post
 

...I'm struggling to replicate the ease with which I could could send my 5* tracks from iTunes to my iPod. Is there a (relatively) straightforward way of doing this with my DX50?

 

Try XLD:

 

http://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html

post #3444 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Try XLD:

http://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html
What is a common software everyone is using to load there Daps. I use media monkey and all though its not all that bad I have not experimented with anythingbut would like something even more user friendly and some how last week all of my music disappeared on it, I still have it in another folder but still where he hell did it go.
post #3445 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

What is a common software everyone is using to load there Daps.

 

XLD for Mac's and Xrecode II for everything else...it's free and works perfect and fast.

 

http://xrecode.com/

post #3446 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

XLD for Mac's and Xrecode II for everything else...it's free and works perfect and fast.

http://xrecode.com/
This works for the most flawless for you? I'm really thinking of using something different. Have you used media monkey and if so how do you rate it to this.
post #3447 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


This works for the most flawless for you? I'm really thinking of using something different. Have you used media monkey and if so how do you rate it to this.

 

I was speaking of Xrecode. I haven't used XLD, just heard it recommended as easy to use for Mac's.

post #3448 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


What is a common software everyone is using to load there Daps.....

Actually common is going to be hard to get without a poll. Best, is subjective. For the DX50... I think with the sort issues some have it's hard to beat CopyInOrder. Free, easy to use and you can batch copy.

 

In the past I've actually preferred to use a batch file with the Windows utility Robocopy.exe with appropriate switches. With it I can copy whole disks, just folders or different levels of folders in update mode, it only copies changed files. Useful to cut wasted time and since you can batch copy, I just have a batch file set up for each DAP and its child SDcards. Takes a bit of learning though.

post #3449 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfe8851 View Post

Actually common is going to be hard to get without a poll. Best, is subjective. For the DX50... I think with the sort issues some have it's hard to beat CopyInOrder. Free, easy to use and you can batch copy.

In the past I've actually preferred to use a batch file with the Windows utility Robocopy.exe with appropriate switches. With it I can copy whole disks, just folders or different levels of folders in update mode, it only copies changed files. Useful to cut wasted time and since you can batch copy, I just have a batch file set up for each DAP and its child SDcards. Takes a bit of learning though.
Sounds interesting, thanks. Yeah I should do a poll and see what's comes in first. I will leave this subject alone so that we can discuss the DX50.
post #3450 of 18426

I'm pretty satisfy with the DX50, but I have one issue with the scrolling. Every time I try to scroll through my songs, I end up accidently selecting a song. I hope they will add a scroll bar in the next update.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016