or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 208

post #3106 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post

regarding microsd cards, anyone tried transcend uhs1s? it's a bit faster than sandisk uhs1

transcend premium
http://www.transcend-info.com/products/Catlist.asp?FldNo=2&LangNo=0&Func1No=0&cat_no=188

sandisk
http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=64GB

No offense but the dap microSD interface is bound to limit the speed, not convinced a faster card will necessarily translate to faster access, a pipe is a pipe even if you throw loads of water, the pipe size will restrict the flow. I hope I won't be flamed for that analogy. biggrin.gif

If you are so inclined to spend the money on faster class 10 cards, have a look at the gold SanDisk 64 gb card, twice the price but definitively not twice the speed. wink.gif

PS gold member would be thrilled about that card lmao smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to increase transfer speed get yourself a microSD or sdxc to microSD card and a USB 3.0 card reader on a USB 3.0 port. I was able to double up the speed.
Edited by musicheaven - 10/1/13 at 8:11am
post #3107 of 18427

Hello all. I am a newcomer and have a problem in using my DX50, for both firmware 1.16 and 1.20. My problem is that my DX50 refuses to scan my memory card (Sandisk 64GB) whenever I reboot or insert the card. As such, I cannot view my files except under directory view. What strange is that once I open a file in directory view, I can locate all tracks under album view thereafter. 

 

Anyone has suggestion on what I can do? Thanks much. 

post #3108 of 18427

ok something weird just happened to this drama queen....my dx50 arrived with me here in the uk! :dt880smile: shipped on the 27th but still showing as in hk right now!? what the hell! anyways, all is good and apologies if any ibasso's were reading my posts earlier. i'll see if i can delete the shouty ones.

post #3109 of 18427

These are good news... maybe mine is waiting at home and I don't know about it ? (-:

post #3110 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post

regarding microsd cards, anyone tried transcend uhs1s? it's a bit faster than sandisk uhs1

transcend premium
http://www.transcend-info.com/products/Catlist.asp?FldNo=2&LangNo=0&Func1No=0&cat_no=188

sandisk
http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=64GB

I'm using a UHS1 card that just happen to be my only 64gb card. It does speed up transfers considerably when loading up the card. Very useful especially for the first few loads when I am still deciding what to fill it up with. Using CopyInOrder after every quick format was speedy. I'm not sure how it will affect the scanning speed, but connecting the card to an external card reader to transfer files is well worth the small premium for a UHS1 card.
post #3111 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumdicks View Post

Hello all. I am a newcomer and have a problem in using my DX50, for both firmware 1.16 and 1.20. My problem is that my DX50 refuses to scan my memory card (Sandisk 64GB) whenever I reboot or insert the card. As such, I cannot view my files except under directory view. What strange is that once I open a file in directory view, I can locate all tracks under album view thereafter. 

Anyone has suggestion on what I can do? Thanks much. 

After upgrading the firmware, have you done the factory reset?
post #3112 of 18427

Yes I have factory reset it both before and after the upgrade. My AK100 and Fiio X3 both can read the tracks on the card faultlessly.

post #3113 of 18427

I feel we need more threads than Bug List and Appreciation, since Appreciation thread is getting filled with configuration (SD Card, OTG, Portable drives, etc), shipping woes/returns. It would be great to have single dedicated impression thread, where people can voice positive, negative, comparative opinions, pairing, SQ, request for comparison, etc. One reason is the thread gets accumulated quickly for pages, it is hard to see all the posts, and if I'm potential buyer I would like to see all the shipping woes, bug list or if I'm owner I would be interested in configuration/bug list and impression/pairings to try. There isn't any filters in forums so more threads should help.IMHO.

post #3114 of 18427

China's National Day is here, most firms would like to advise everyone of their observance dates, October 1 HKT to October 6 HKT.

post #3115 of 18427

Is scanning the USB OTG a possibility? I just picked up a 128GB flash drive and a USB OTG cable. When it's hooked up I can go to the directory and choose USB OTG but there doesn't seem to be an option to scan it in. It's nice to have 192GB of music at your fingers though.

post #3116 of 18427
When I put a card in I don't scan it I use the second option and all the albums show up. It only takes a couple of seconds to scan the album and away I go.
post #3117 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidmaven View Post

Is scanning the USB OTG a possibility? I just picked up a 128GB flash drive and a USB OTG cable. When it's hooked up I can go to the directory and choose USB OTG but there doesn't seem to be an option to scan it in. It's nice to have 192GB of music at your fingers though.

i know someone was able to successfully do this. i'm just not sure how it was done
post #3118 of 18427

I was thanking of buying a 128gb, that should be enough.

Have anyone else had problem"Removing" the micro card?

Man had to fight with it for awhile.

Love this "Dap"!

post #3119 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post
 

I switched back from the T70 to the 4.Ai, and....I have some bad news to report. On low gain and zero volume, the DX50 puts out a huge amount of hiss. The moment I unplug my IEMs, the hiss subsides. Surprisingly, there is the least amount of hiss at high gain. I have tried playing around with the volume controls, and have been able to confirm that the is is independent of volume. Because the T70 and HD800 are unaffected by this, I believe that the sensitivity of the 4.Ai is to blame. Can anyone else chime in on this?

My 4.A hiss like mad too.

Through the T1 amp its fine, maybe a small amount of hiss, when music is playing I don't notice it much.

 

solblack, you know the card clicks in and out right? 

post #3120 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

No offense but the dap microSD interface is bound to limit the speed, not convinced a faster card will necessarily translate to faster access, a pipe is a pipe even if you throw loads of water, the pipe size will restrict the flow. I hope I won't be flamed for that analogy. biggrin.gif

If you are so inclined to spend the money on faster class 10 cards, have a look at the gold SanDisk 64 gb card, twice the price but definitively not twice the speed. wink.gif

PS gold member would be thrilled about that card lmao smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to increase transfer speed get yourself a microSD or sdxc to microSD card and a USB 3.0 card reader on a USB 3.0 port. I was able to double up the speed.

yeah, i understand. it's still device dependent, so the microsd now falls prey to how fast the dx50 can write on it-if you choose to load files this way. else, yes,it's a lot faster if a compatible card reader is used.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016