or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 200

post #2986 of 18426

Folks. Just PM me if you've reviewed the two.  Thanks.

post #2987 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJobs View Post

Ok downloaded firmware unzipped it and up in Root dir of unit. Did firm firm update which ran on unit but on reboot it is stuck at "Ibasso Audio Digital Audio Player" Screen. Forced shut down and rebooted 10 times now and even trid removing battery and replacing it. No Joy. I can connect it to the computer by USB and access disks but unit will not start up. Any help?
You forgot the factory reset ;-)
post #2988 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post


You forgot the factory reset ;-)

 

It never got that far to do factory reset. It locked it that screen on first boot after update. Readme said to factory reset after update not before.

post #2989 of 18426

Try use the recovery system?

1. power off the unit

2. hold the volume up button

3. press the power for ~ 2 secs

4. still hold the volume up button, until you get a screen like:

 

DX50 system recovery (3e)

 

Volume up/down to move highligh

power button to select.

 

reboot system now

apply update from SDcard

wipe data/factory reset

------------------------------------------

 

Recovery system v1.0

 

5. use volume down to highlight the "wipe" line, and press power button.

See if this helps.

post #2990 of 18426

Are these the only changes?
Or did they just not care to write down minor changes and bugfixes?

post #2991 of 18426

Hey I'm considering buying either this or the Fiio X3... can anyone make some comparisons in sound quality etc? I'm a newbie to the audiphile world, though I've always loved really good sound quality, I don't really understand a lot of the technical terms that some people use on this forum. My primary headphones are sennheiser HD595 so I'll be using those with whichever DAP I buy. I will probably be using a headphone amp as well.

 

Also, this might be a dumb question, but will I be able to convert audio files to mono to play on this? (at work they let us listen to music --- in one ear :P) Or maybe there's a hardware way to do that with a mono-stereo plug or something?


Edited by NoxNoctum - 9/30/13 at 1:11pm
post #2992 of 18426
I also did a test-drive of V.1.2.0 firmware and like others, it did hang at the start screen after it completed the update and did the automatic reboot.

This is a known issue by iBasso and they are working on a fix, but did want to get the new firmware out quickly.

If this happens, hold the start and volume up button to enter the Recovery menus. Select Wipe/Factory Reset.

This fixed mine and all is working normally now. Make sure that you do not have an SD card in place when you do this.

Playlist function works fine now. Files can be added to or deleted from Playlists. Currently, it is not possible to name a playlist. The show up by number. Likely this will be addressed in the future.

Artists are sorted by Album, but Genre's sort by all files. They should also sort by Album.

It is not yet possible to add an Album to a Playlist nor is it possible to delete an entire album via a context menu.

I still haven't found a way to randomly play all files on an OTG card.

Volume adjustment now only requires a single press, not a press to open and a press to change as before.

iBasso is aware of the above issues and is moving forward to address them.
Edited by HiFlight - 9/30/13 at 1:36pm
post #2993 of 18426

Updating worked without a single problem.
Playlists are working :)
It even seems like the media scan found a few albums it missed before.

But they left my all-time favorite/nemesis bug in.....the stupid back-to-the-top-of-directory-view bug is still doing its thing.....

post #2994 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Are these the only changes?

Or did they just not care to write down minor changes and bugfixes?

These are the major changes. There have also been some things done under the hood to help stability, address bugs, etc.

iBasso intends to get this UI as perfect as possible.
post #2995 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Updating worked without a single problem.
Playlists are working :)
It even seems like the media scan found a few albums it missed before.

But they left my all-time favorite/nemesis bug in.....the stupid back-to-the-top-of-directory-view bug is still doing its thing.....

 

Yeah I noticed this - luckily the artist view has changed to Artist -> Album. The caveat with this is that files are sorted by the order in which they were added, so albums are pretty much always out of order. I'm running CopyInOrder at the moment, and hopefully I won't have to run it again, except for new files. There is a caveat both ways, but luckily one has a workaround.

post #2996 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

iBasso intends to get this UI as perfect as possible.

They are getting there, step by step.
People might have different opinions on how big these steps are :/

post #2997 of 18426

For big boys like MS and Apple they have enough people to test the beta version before it is officially released. For a small company like iBasso they have to rely on the customers to test the firmwares, report the bugs and do the fix. It may take a few cycles to get to the acceptable functionality and stability.

post #2998 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

For big boys like MS and Apple they have enough people to test the beta version before it is officially released. For a small company like iBasso they have to rely on the customers to test the firmwares, report the bugs and do the fix. It may take a few cycles to get to the acceptable functionality and stability.

Totally agree with you but they got a good customer base for the DX100, tap into it by offering free DX50 in exchange for bug reports and firmware fixes then when they have enough momentum go sell the dap. It's really cheap considering your having free labor. A few less dx50 is not gonna break their bank.
Edited by musicheaven - 9/30/13 at 2:20pm
post #2999 of 18426
I have professional Canon cameras and as everyone knows, Canon is huge. Apple is huge and whenever I get a new camera from Canon, Leica or a new computer from Apple, the software ALWAYS has some bugs but they mostly, but not always, get fixed. So with iBasso having some, no big deal and they have a grain of sand facility for software work compared to the biggies mentioned.
post #3000 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Totally agree with you but they got a good customer base for the DX100, tap into it by offering free DX50 in exchange for bug reports and firmware fixes then when they have enough momentum go sell the dap. It's really cheap considering your having free labor. A few less dx50 is not gonna break their bank.

 

That's true they got the DX100, that product development should have benefited the DX50 and minimized the issues.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016