or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 196

post #2926 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Maybe remove it, unplug the DX50 and hen put i back in? 

Yeah I unpluged it, turned it off and  then went into recovery mode,  it gave me the error "can not "found" firmware"  , the system update option didn't appear after I turned it off and on again.

post #2927 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglycdb View Post

Yeah I unpluged it, turned it off and  then went into recovery mode,  it gave me the error "can not "found" firmware"  , the system update option didn't appear after I turned it off and on again.

 

Your best bet would be to contact iBasso.
post #2928 of 18426

Okay, now this was silly. The last time I threw the file directly from winrar, so maybe something went wrong when it unziped it and copied it to the SD, cause this time, I unziped it and left it on my local hard drive, and then copied it to the DX-50 and everything went smoothly from there.

 

Thanks.

post #2929 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

I promise the wallet won't be happy for too long as the holiday season is approaching. Your DX50 deserves a "better" amp. :wink_face:

 

Try the new Leckerton amp UHA760 (coming soon).

 

Looks good D...it doesn't take input of 24bit files though, only 16bit...what's another like it?

 

Steve from NYC

post #2930 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon View Post
 

 

Looks good D...it doesn't take input of 24bit files though, only 16bit...what's another like it?

 

Steve from NYC

Not sure about the 24 bits (you sure you need that?) cause I don't use the dac only amp (UHA-6S Mk2). This little amp not only sounds excellent but built like a tank. I threw in 1.5 volts of output from source to this amp, and you know what? No problem. Of course I checked with Nick at Leckerton before I did this. He is a no non-sense guy and provides great customer services. The UHA sounds airy, clean, neutral and transparent. I can easily tell the sound difference between some of my diy LOD's due to its neutrality and transparency.

 

Now I want to find out how that new feature "crossfeed" does on the UHA760.

post #2931 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

Not sure about the 24 bits (you sure you need that?) cause I don't use the dac only amp (UHA-6S Mk2). This little amp not only sounds excellent but built like a tank. I threw in 1.5 volts of output from source to this amp, and you know what? No problem. Of course I checked with Nick at Leckerton before I did this. He is a no non-sense guy and provides great customer services. The UHA sounds airy, clean, neutral and transparent. I can easily tell the sound difference between some of my diy LOD's due to its neutrality and transparency.

Now I want to find out how that new feature "crossfeed" does on the UHA760.
I had a convo with Nick he said he is going to have the UHA 760 equivalent to the UHA-6S.MKII input beginning of next year. The UHA 760 is an up sampling amp. Should be interesting, price wise it will be more expansive. Are you thinking of buying?
post #2932 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglycdb View Post

I'm trying to update it, but it doesn't find the file update.img when I put it in to the default storage. ¿Anyone had this problem?

After removing the DX50 from the usb, did you go into the menu and select "update firmware"? (As per the Readme file) That option does not appear until after you put the update .img into the root directory.
post #2933 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


I had a convo with Nick he said he is going to have the UHA 760 equivalent to the UHA-6S.MKII input beginning of next year. The UHA 760 is an up sampling amp. Should be interesting, price wise it will be more expansive. Are you thinking of buying?

I am always thinking of buying ... especially those caps.. :wink_face:

 

Yeah interested in that hardware crossfeed. Now if you can find me some caps which do that too. :)

post #2934 of 18426

I'm definitely interested in amp of that footprint with that kind of quality build. D...I have a lot of 24bit files...about 60gb worth. 

 

LOL granted that's only by 10 artists...but still. 

 

:wink_face:

 

Steve from NYC

post #2935 of 18426

Has anyone in the fourth batch been able to track their package yet?

I'm pretty sure I got EMS and when I put the tracking number that ibasso supplied in their tracker all I get is this message:

No tracking information for the shipment, or overdue tracking.

Is anyone else getting this?

post #2936 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benistgud View Post
 

Has anyone in the fourth batch been able to track their package yet?

I'm pretty sure I got EMS and when I put the tracking number that ibasso supplied in their tracker all I get is this message:

No tracking information for the shipment, or overdue tracking.

Is anyone else getting this?

 

i got that same message when i tried checking it a few hours after i received the tracking number. i tried again after 6 hours and it now showed me a more detailed list

post #2937 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post
 

 

i got that same message when i tried checking it a few hours after i received the tracking number. i tried again after 6 hours and it now showed me a more detailed list

 

Mine's DHL, and its tracking fine. Not sure about EMS.

post #2938 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


After removing the DX50 from the usb, did you go into the menu and select "update firmware"? (As per the Readme file) That option does not appear until after you put the update .img into the root directory.

 

It's already solved check post http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/ibasso-dx50-appreciation-thread-new-2-firmware-update-v1-1-6/2925#post_9845885

post #2939 of 18426
Sorry if this sounds stupid but I am wondering how does the DX50 size up to a iPhone 4S? Is it a huge deal of difference or just a minor leap? Thanks in advance!

I'm currently using a 4S>Alo National>846 setup but it's way too bulky for daily use so I'm thinking of a side grade.
post #2940 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I am wondering how does the DX50 size up to a iPhone 4S? Is it a huge deal of difference or just a minor leap? Thanks in advance!

I'm currently using a 4S>Alo National>846 setup but it's way too bulky for daily use so I'm thinking of a side grade.

I have the iPhone 5 and it's no comparison, the specs are better than the 5 and sound wise, no comparison again. The dap is in a different league compared to the cirrus logic dac.

It's not a side step but a step up.

As such the dx50 works fine without amp but you can certainly use one if that is what you like,
Edited by musicheaven - 9/30/13 at 3:49am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016