or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 190

post #2836 of 18426
Anyone else get electric shock to the ear with the volume blast?
post #2837 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

That sucks... I experienced this a few times.. I am extra cautious when increasing the vol by looking at the display... also, don't click the vol up multiple times rapidly.... I have not identified the root cause of this.. take care, mate...

Thanks mate. I hope they sort this out in the next update.
post #2838 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

Thanks mate. I hope they sort this out in the next update.

Yeah... I emailed them about it also cos its the only thing that bugs me with this player
post #2839 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

Anyone else get electric shock to the ear with the volume blast?

 

No. I used EM5813 to my DX50

post #2840 of 18426

Electric Shock... really... I thought that was not a serious comment..... :eek: 

 

Re the "volume bug", it seems pretty established from multiple reports that it is related to quick/repeated presses of the volume buttons when the unit is kind of frozen or slow responding and then it go haywire.  It is hard to track down as it would means tracking down all the difference scenarios where it may get slowed/froze. 

 

Happened to me once on older firmware when it was semi-frozen trying but struggling to play a 24/192 track and I was trying to adjust the volume up.

post #2841 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by tak- View Post

It doesn't shoot up randomly. It happens occasionally, but only when you are adjusting the volume. And always in the same direction as your adjustment, i.e. all the way down or all the way up when you decrease or increase.

I have spotted a trend of this happening when I unlock the screen and immediately adjust the volume very quickly.

 

Really? How insightful.

 

Then why does it not always lock up and drive the volume up or down when I change the song and adjust the volume?

post #2842 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post

Really? How insightful.

Then why does it not always lock up and drive the volume up or down when I change the song and adjust the volume?

I'm not quite sure how to interpret your question, but if you are asking why the volume adjustment does not get locked up when you adjust the volume after changing tracks, then I think that is normal. It's not supposed to lock up that way.
post #2843 of 18426
My dx50 isn't recognising all the music on my micro SD card. Do I need to format it to fat32?
post #2844 of 18426
According to statistics, the suicide rates are through the roof with the amount of time one must wait during the "media scanning" process.
post #2845 of 18426
iBasso replied me and said the volume bug will be addressed in the September 30 fw update.
post #2846 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

My dx50 isn't recognising all the music on my micro SD card. Do I need to format it to fat32?
Ah ah.. See my follow up post in the bugs thread after your responded to my questions. Do what I recommend and you should be good.

And no Fat32 is only needed if you use the card in a non exFat device. Makes no difference to your problem. Tried both while fixing my problems.
Edited by Jpfe8851 - 9/27/13 at 9:57pm
post #2847 of 18426
Amped my DX50 with T1 last night and can't believe the sound coming out from my se535. Sound is more fuller, bass is punchy, highs are very clear and distinctive. Didn't get this sound sig from dx100 alone or dx100+T1.smily_headphones1.gif
post #2848 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfe8851 View Post

Ah ah.. See my follow up post in the bugs thread after your responded to my questions. Do what I recommend and you should be good.

And no Fat32 is only needed if you use the card in a non exFat device. Makes no difference to your problem. Tried both while fixing my problems.

Do you know if iBasso plan to address these playback quirks?
post #2849 of 18426

A russian guy has done a very favorable review on the DX50 compared to the AK100, AK120, DX100, C4 Pro, CK4:

 

http://personalaudio.ru/detail/ibasso_dx50_v_sravnenii_s_c4_pro_ck4_dx100_ak100_i_ak120/

 

I like how he tests the technical aspects of the DAPS, we find out some very interesting things about the amp power output, voltage swing, current output,  and dac circuitry THD and signal to noise etc. DX50 does very good.

Check out his other reviews, He has also done the X3, F806, QLS350, Hm-601, cowon C2. And He says he will also be comparing the X3, HM-601 to the DX50 soon.


Edited by T.R.A.N.C.E. - 9/28/13 at 5:05am
post #2850 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

According to statistics, the suicide rates are through the roof with the amount of time one must wait during the "media scanning" process.

Yes. Because our time is so very very valuable and those seconds can make all the difference, very_evil_smiley.gif
My suggestion is start the player, write another rant about how all these DAP's suck and by the time you are done, voila, the player will be ready to go. See, a win-win...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016