or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 180

post #2686 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

440uf or 440mf?

Can't be 440 mf for those electrolytic looking caps.

Don't get any ideas ripping the caps for better ones you hear me biggrin.gif
post #2687 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Can't be 440 mf for those electrolytic looking caps.

Don't get any ideas ripping the caps for better ones you hear me biggrin.gif

 

Those caps look like replaceable, and what are you waiting for? :wink:

post #2688 of 18427

I go from the DX50 to RWAK100 to DX100 all day long now. To keep things level I'm only using my 4Ai's. 

 

I love the DX50 and it's build quality, I have to say that first. However, I definitely do not think the SQ is anywhere near the DX100. It's closer to the RWAK100 but to my ears the SQ difference when using flac's both 16bit and 24bit is definitely noticeable. The higher end DAP's have a distinctive edge over the DX50 IMHO. I use the DX100 at home and the other two while at work listening for almost the entire day while I do my job. There's a clarity, increased soundstage, and separation when using the higher priced DAP's that the DX50 cannot match. Problem is that I do love all three but in my order of goodness I rank them:

 

1. Still the winner: DX100

2. RWAK100 

3. DX50 just being edged out by the above RWAK100

 

Listening to the band that Soren turned me onto...Fink, Dark Side of the Moon, Jesse Cooke, and a lot of classical is what I've used to make these determinations.

 

Steve from NYC

post #2689 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

Those caps look like replaceable, and what are you waiting for? wink.gif

Who me? biggrin.gif
post #2690 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon View Post

I go from the DX50 to RWAK100 to DX100 all day long now. To keep things level I'm only using my 4Ai's. 

I love the DX50 and it's build quality, I have to say that first. However, I definitely do not think the SQ is anywhere near the DX100. It's closer to the RWAK100 but to my ears the SQ difference when using flac's both 16bit and 24bit is definitely noticeable. The higher end DAP's have a distinctive edge over the DX50 IMHO. I use the DX100 at home and the other two while at work listening for almost the entire day while I do my job. There's a clarity, increased soundstage, and separation when using the higher priced DAP's that the DX50 cannot match. Problem is that I do love all three but in my order of goodness I rank them:

1. Still the winner: DX100
2. RWAK100 
3. DX50 just being edged out by the above RWAK100

Listening to the band that Soren turned me onto...Fink, Dark Side of the Moon, Jesse Cooke, and a lot of classical is what I've used to make these determinations.

Steve from NYC

Thanks Steve for your ranking, not bad for a unit at least a third of the highly priced competitors. I'd say iBasso did a good job releasing this dap on the market.
Edited by musicheaven - 9/25/13 at 12:19pm
post #2691 of 18427

No problem, I think, as i said earlier in the thread...that iBasso hit it out of the park with this. They've given everyone the opportunity to listen to high SQ music!

post #2692 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Who me? biggrin.gif

 

Who else Super crazy about caps?

post #2693 of 18427

Thats true, I´ve being hearing to my collection and I´m rediscovering some songs and some artists ;).

I was wondering what would be the best choice betwenn DX50 and Fiio X3, I´m glad I got the DX 50. So far I haven´t had any troubles with Firmware.

post #2694 of 18427
The dx50 to me sounds better than the x3.

The caps they used in the dx50 are very good and above its price point.
Edited by jamato8 - 9/25/13 at 12:55pm
post #2695 of 18427
I hear no hiss or artifacts from the screen, just great sound. Maybe I have tin ears..redface.gif
post #2696 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon View Post
 

I go from the DX50 to RWAK100 to DX100 all day long now. To keep things level I'm only using my 4Ai's. 

 

I love the DX50 and it's build quality, I have to say that first. However, I definitely do not think the SQ is anywhere near the DX100. It's closer to the RWAK100 but to my ears the SQ difference when using flac's both 16bit and 24bit is definitely noticeable. The higher end DAP's have a distinctive edge over the DX50 IMHO. I use the DX100 at home and the other two while at work listening for almost the entire day while I do my job. There's a clarity, increased soundstage, and separation when using the higher priced DAP's that the DX50 cannot match. Problem is that I do love all three but in my order of goodness I rank them:

 

1. Still the winner: DX100

2. RWAK100 

3. DX50 just being edged out by the above RWAK100

 

Listening to the band that Soren turned me onto...Fink, Dark Side of the Moon, Jesse Cooke, and a lot of classical is what I've used to make these determinations.

 

Steve from NYC

 

 

I would have to agree on your ranking.  Took some time last night to compare DX50 with the DX100 and while the DX100 is clearly better, the DX50 holds it's own, especially at it's price point.  Listening to the DX50 on it's own I don't feel like I'm really missing anything. It's really a bargain.

post #2697 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

The dx50 to me sounds better than the x3.

the caps they used are very good and above its price point.

 

Sometimes I am wondering whether the caps are one of most influential items to the SQ and/or sound sig. From my own experience, it can make drastic difference in sound. Truly amazing.

 

I will likely hit that Paypal button when a new firmware is released to support cue for both ape and flac.

post #2698 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon View Post

I go from the DX50 to RWAK100 to DX100 all day long now. To keep things level I'm only using my 4Ai's. 

I love the DX50 and it's build quality, I have to say that first. However, I definitely do not think the SQ is anywhere near the DX100. It's closer to the RWAK100 but to my ears the SQ difference when using flac's both 16bit and 24bit is definitely noticeable. The higher end DAP's have a distinctive edge over the DX50 IMHO. I use the DX100 at home and the other two while at work listening for almost the entire day while I do my job. There's a clarity, increased soundstage, and separation when using the higher priced DAP's that the DX50 cannot match. Problem is that I do love all three but in my order of goodness I rank them:

1. Still the winner: DX100
2. RWAK100 
3. DX50 just being edged out by the above RWAK100

Listening to the band that Soren turned me onto...Fink, Dark Side of the Moon, Jesse Cooke, and a lot of classical is what I've used to make these determinations.

Steve from NYC

Steve, thanks for the opinion, answers some my questions. Still for the price dx50 looks like a huge bargain considering prices of dx100 and Rwak100.
post #2699 of 18427

Does anyone have any ideas for amplifiers for the DX50? Looking to sell my E12, since it's either a step down or a sidestep from the DX50. I'm looking at ALO amps (International, National, Continental V3), and would appreciate any opinions on these or other amps. 

post #2700 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

Sometimes I am wondering whether the caps are one of most influential items to the SQ and/or sound sig. From my own experience, it can make drastic difference in sound. Truly amazing.

I will likely hit that Paypal button when a new firmware is released to support cue for both ape and flac.
I agree... I messed around with caps on the bottlehead quickie and it made a noticeable difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016