or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 178

post #2656 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post

Using my 4.A I'm getting quite a bit of hiss/background noise. Playing music or not it's kind of annoying. High gain there's less noise but I still notice it. T50rps are fine.

Also I noticed some people listening with iems at 160-170? I'm finding with the 4.A 115 is pretty loud (low gain).
Same experience for me. Different earphones. Which batch of DX50 and which country did you get your DX50 from?

I'm trying to identify if it's due to a discrepancy in a selected batch of product.
post #2657 of 18426

@Tak

Mines 3rd batch, I ordered directly from Ibasso. Using my T50rp is fine, will try some other iems in a bit.

post #2658 of 18426

My touch screen just become totally unresponsive, hard resetting or powering on & off did nothing, tapping away at the screen with it simply staring back at me. 

After trying a few things I went lethal and pulled the battery out followed by spamming the power button.

Placed that beast back in, hit the power button and........................

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #2659 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

My touch screen just become totally unresponsive, hard resetting or powering on & off did nothing, tapping away at the screen with it simply staring back at me. 


After trying a few things I went lethal and pulled the battery out followed by spamming the power button.


Placed that beast back in, hit the power button
and ........

When everything fails, pull the plug biggrin.gif
Edited by musicheaven - 9/25/13 at 5:41am
post #2660 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


When everything fails, pull the plug biggrin.gif

 

Since taking the battery out for the first time during my ownership my unit is also showing 1/2 battery! 

Always 3/4 before.  :gs1000smile:

post #2661 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post

@Tak
Mines 3rd batch, I ordered directly from Ibasso. Using my T50rp is fine, will try some other iems in a bit.
If you have access to somewhere quiet enough, can you try to see if you could hear some faint but very pitch screeching noises when you turn the screen off? That's in addition to the background hiss. My hiss was the least on mid gain. Low gain was more, and high gain is just slightly more than mid.
post #2662 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Since taking the battery out for the first time during my ownership my unit is also showing 1/2 battery! 


Always 3/4 before.  gs1000.gif

Mine showed full for a few hours, then 3/4 and all of a sudden constant reboot, I gather that it must have been close to empty. That's when I reported to IBasso to do something about the unreliable power indicator. I hope they'll throw the % left and better still a red battery indicator when it gets to say 20% or less. Let's see what they'll do. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2663 of 18426

All these problems, big or small, is kinda scary for me. I am not an owner, I didn't purchase but if I was looking for it, the build quality seems, depend on your luck. Some units are good without a problem, some cause problems and it can be a lot of things.

 

I mean, the product shines wonderfully but apparently, there is still work to be done if you ask me.

post #2664 of 18426
Are those 4 not output coupling caps at DX50's headphone out?
http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/de/de1f9082_mtdOR.jpeg



Sorensiim? Anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

It's a tradeoff for the crazy low (> 0.1 ohm) output impedance: No caps in the final output stage means a cleaner sound, lower output impedance, zero headphone protection. It's not like you'll see drivers flying out of your iems, but you will hear it, that's for sure.

Edited by zzffnn - 9/25/13 at 6:10am
post #2665 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Mine showed full for a few hours, then 3/4 and all of a sudden constant reboot, I gather that it must have been close to empty. That's when I reported to IBasso to do something about the unreliable power indicator. I hope they'll throw the % left and better still a red battery indicator when it gets to say 20% or less. Let's see what they'll do. smily_headphones1.gif

 

I'm surprised they'd have a problem reading battery levels, its just running on android isn't it? 

post #2666 of 18426

handsome mid-fi choice...

post #2667 of 18426
Indeed biggrin.gif
post #2668 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

All these problems, big or small, is kinda scary for me. I am not an owner, I didn't purchase but if I was looking for it, the build quality seems, depend on your luck. Some units are good without a problem, some cause problems and it can be a lot of things.

 

I mean, the product shines wonderfully but apparently, there is still work to be done if you ask me.

 

such is the story of almost all (if not all) boutique DAPs... 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682750/the-sad-state-of-the-so-called-audiophile-dap-market

post #2669 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

All these problems, big or small, is kinda scary for me. I am not an owner, I didn't purchase but if I was looking for it, the build quality seems, depend on your luck. Some units are good without a problem, some cause problems and it can be a lot of things.

I mean, the product shines wonderfully but apparently, there is still work to be done if you ask me.

Not sure any of the reported problem were build related. Most if not all are UI bugs or user error. Didn't seem to see hardware failure yet. (OF course now I am royally jinxed and my unit will fail any moment....)
post #2670 of 18426

When iBasso DX50 becomes stable it's going to be a real winner because I enjoy the UI and touch screen very much, also sound with the correct pairing.

Any problems I encounter are pretty far between. My unit has been running almost a week without any issue before my problem tonight, so I'll say my DX50 runs a lot more than it doesn't, probably about 10% problems - 90% running, it's just when members report problems here it seems to really become exposed and over spoken about and mostly by readers or observers, which is fair enough because they're curious. I think if DX50 was having such problems that were vital we'd see many people returning their units saying things like... I can't handle this, I can't do this anymore, rubbish etc but we're not, everyone's pretty happy for the time being..... It's really just teething problems imo.

If however, I knew there was no future support I might think differently. 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 9/25/13 at 6:34am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016