or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 18

post #256 of 18426
.

Edited by H20Fidelity - 9/7/13 at 5:26am
post #257 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Well not all that clean...there is Kpop in them.

 

This would be funny if I weren't Korean.

post #258 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

This would be funny if I weren't Korean.
And with this screen name smily_headphones1.gif
post #259 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


And with this screen name smily_headphones1.gif

 

Either we're not on the same page or your sense of humour escapes me.

post #260 of 18426

I didn't get a confirmation email or a shipping email. Do you have to email iBasso to get this info?

post #261 of 18426

Let's get back to the DX50 topic. I feel that the bass of DX50 does not carry much weight, i.e. it is not deep enough... this is apparent even when pairing with ASG-2.... When comparing to a modded X3, it becomes very noticeable... But DX50 is still a steal considering that I hear the same amount of detail as the modded X3, so I guess the stock DX50 sound is very decent already... It makes me wonder if I chuck in a 8741 chip in it, would it make further enhancement in terms of detail....?? The soundstage when listening with TG334 is also very good..

 

hopefully when the firmware bugs get ironed out, this i hell of a player marketed at 239usd... makes me want to give it to my GF then buy a new one..

post #262 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

given her music preference, it will be best to let her use the AK120 instead....I am sure there will not be such tag issues with Korean characters :D

 

Yup you are right....

 

The DX50 cannot read Korean, I will get my daughter to take out all the Korean characters. I taught her over the summer holidays to tag music files ............

post #263 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabukiman View Post
 

I didn't get a confirmation email or a shipping email. Do you have to email iBasso to get this info?

 

I think you can shoot them an email inquiring the status.. (esp. if u r a first batch customer)

post #264 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

 

I think you can shoot them an email inquiring the status.. (esp. if u r a first batch customer)

 

I just did that and they said my order has been shipped and will get the tracking # "shortly"

post #265 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

Let's get back to the DX50 topic. I feel that the bass of DX50 does not carry much weight, i.e. it is not deep enough... this is apparent even when pairing with ASG-2.... When comparing to a modded X3, it becomes very noticeable... But DX50 is still a steal considering that I hear the same amount of detail as the modded X3, so I guess the stock DX50 sound is very decent already... It makes me wonder if I chuck in a 8741 chip in it, would it make further enhancement in terms of detail....?? The soundstage when listening with TG334 is also very good..

 

hopefully when the firmware bugs get ironed out, this i hell of a player marketed at 239usd... makes me want to give it to my GF then buy a new one..

 

heft in the base is concetrated in the 80-120hz range(around that, don't quote me) but sub-base is 20-80 hz. what I'm trying to say, maybe it doesn't have pronounced mid-base and that's the cause of them being "base light"? ut may very well have a tremendous sub-base extension, it's just that it is not emphasized like on X3 (which many say is quite warm and basey)

post #266 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Either we're not on the same page or your sense of humour escapes me.
Maybe second option...internet is not the best to convey tone...sorry about that. I have nothing against kpop just like to take some shots at spkrs01. sorry again if I offended.
post #267 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

heft in the base is concetrated in the 80-120hz range(around that, don't quote me) but sub-base is 20-80 hz. what I'm trying to say, maybe it doesn't have pronounced mid-base and that's the cause of them being "base light"? ut may very well have a tremendous sub-base extension, it's just that it is not emphasized like on X3 (which many say is quite warm and basey)

Thanks for your explanation.. My experience with modded x3 with Paterre or asg-2 is that there r jazz tracks which i can spot out an badass bass line i will rush to check who the bassist is. I cant say i have experienced this on dx50... But this is just initial impression

Guys, is there really a need to burn in DAP?
post #268 of 18426

I would give it some time just to be safe. Everyone says BAs don't burn in but the crossovers do so don't expect much from burning in IEMs. Well I left my JH16 playing for around 150 hours before listening and I was pretty shocked at the changes that formed from what I heard initially.

post #269 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Maybe second option...internet is not the best to convey tone...sorry about that. I have nothing against kpop just like to take some shots at spkrs01. sorry again if I offended.

 

Ah... Well sorry for misunderstanding. I know KPop in general is recorded terribly, but it always sucks to have it be dissed since it's my country's music...

post #270 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post
 

 

Ah... Well sorry for misunderstanding. I know KPop in general is recorded terribly, but it always sucks to have it be dissed since it's my country's music...

I really don't mind people trash talking german Volksmusik or anything along that line :D
If the music sucks, the country of it's origin really doesn't make it better..
(Not to be taken as an insult towards KPop)

So the DX50 has some bugs. No surprise. I'm sure they will get ironed out over time. Are these bugs similar to the ones the DX100 had when it first came out? That would be interesting to know.
And how does everyone like the UI? Easy to navigate etc?
I'll most likely browse through my music with the folder view thingy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016