or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 151

post #2251 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by tak- View Post


Yup. One of my headphones doesn't produce the hiss. Most likely a sensitive IEM thing. But I can't quite figure out how some with JH16 gets the hiss and some doesn't. Assuming CIEM doesn't vary as much as build consistency or hearing ability, I'm inclined to believe the hiss actually exists in all devices and an exchange will not help eliminate the hiss.

 

 

I think the same too (especially now that I already have mine :D )

post #2252 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tak- View Post

Yup. One of my headphones doesn't produce the hiss. Most likely a sensitive IEM thing. But I can't quite figure out how some with JH16 gets the hiss and some doesn't. Assuming CIEM doesn't vary as much as build consistency or hearing ability, I'm inclined to believe the hiss actually exists in all devices and an exchange will not help eliminate the hiss.

I can't explain it myself but the input impedance has a play into it, the lower you go the higher the hiss, when I plug my amp to it the hiss is gone (amp has a rough input impedance in the komhs). Note also that the hiss is reversely proportional to the gain, the higher the gain, the lower the hiss. And you are right lots of members have found it to be the case so an exchange is unlikely to fix that.
post #2253 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


I can't explain it myself but the input impedance has a play into it, the lower you go the higher the hiss, when I plug my amp to it the hiss is gone (amp has a rough input impedance in the komhs). Note also that the hiss is reversely proportional to the gain, the higher the gain, the lower the hiss. And you are right lots of members have found it to be the case so an exchange is unlikely to fix that.

 

I'm quite an OCD but for me it's not annoying or in any ways taking from the experience (well, at least yet)

post #2254 of 18427
Ok so I finally got it working by updating the firmware. It sounds great, altho an adjustment to hear a bright wolfson. Theres definitely a brittleness to the treble which renders cymbals and snares to sound unnatural.
post #2255 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I'm quite an OCD but for me it's not annoying or in any ways taking from the experience (well, at least yet)

As soon as the music plays, you don't pay attention any longer but in pauses you are certainly reminded. It does not bother me to be honest not to the point where I say it's over you are going back wink.gif
post #2256 of 18427
My player freezes on the startup screen and then sometimes goes black and just hangs. Anyone know how to fix this?
post #2257 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin427 View Post

anyone found out that when you play 24/192 flac music, some random clicking sound will be generated? There is no such problem on 24/192 wav.

 

Yep its strange the same thing happened to me. Try restarting the player a few times or force shut down by holding down the power button ... no clicking after that.

post #2258 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFiMan View Post
 

 

Thanks. I will do just that.

 

MusicFiMan ,did u email them via the contact page on their website or other email address?  http://www.ibasso.com/en/us/contact.asp

post #2259 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

My player freezes on the startup screen and then sometimes goes black and just hangs. Anyone know how to fix this?

She's not fully stable yet dryvadeum, just reboot it and she'll go. wink.gif


Might want to take some time to read the bug thread and become familiar with your new player, because really we're all learning together, although rest assured iBasso will do their best to make the player stable.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680472/dx50-bug-list-wish-list-fix


It will go a lot more though than not for now. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 9/20/13 at 5:16am
post #2260 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin427 View Post

anyone found out that when you play 24/192 flac music, some random clicking sound will be generated? There is no such problem on 24/192 wav.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin427 View Post

anyone notice the clicking noise when playing 24/192 flac ?

 

Yes, I am getting it on the free tracks I downloaded from 2L. This is the first time I have been able to play the 24/193 flac tracks.

post #2261 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

 

Go for a GR07 MKII. 

 

Thank you - that is exactly what I will do! Just for future info - what would you consider as alternative/second best?

 

 

Thanks again!

Cheers!


Edited by Yanec - 9/20/13 at 5:15am
post #2262 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanec View Post
 

 

Thanks - that is exactly what I will do!

 

Just for the info - what would you consider as alternative/second best?

 

I quite liked the fun TF-10 but the mids were too recessed. 

Other people thought that the DBA-02 MKII/Brainwavz B2/Rockit Sounds R50 (All TWFK driver IEMs) were good, but I didn;t really like them. They were full of detail but too sibilant. The DBA-02 MKII wasn't that bad though. 
post #2263 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Check out vsonic gr07 if you need lots of bass, else hifiman re400 if you are more into classical types. My 2c

 

Thank you! I will buy the GR07 and the RE400 will be on my list for second more analytical IEM!

 

Any suggestions regarding the gain level to use on the DX50? Right now I only have Creative EP830 and they seem best at low or mid gain. Definitely too harsh on the treble at hi gain and some light hiss.

 

Cheers!


Edited by Yanec - 9/20/13 at 5:18am
post #2264 of 18427

lin0003 Thanks again! 

 

What are your suggestions on the gain level and the EQ to use on DX50?

 

Have a great day!

Y.K.


Edited by Yanec - 9/20/13 at 5:17am
post #2265 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanec View Post
 

lin0003 Thanks again! 

 

What are your suggestions on the gain level and the EQ to use on DX50?

 

Have a great day!

Y.K.

 

Hi, I use low gain at around 165-170 and I listen pretty loud. 

I personally dislike EQ so I don't use it at all on higher end stuff. Sometimes on my phone I do though. 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016