or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 132

post #1966 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

1.16 still sucks but sucks less than previous fw.  It is idiotic that they don't have album folders in the Artist view.

 
The fw also needs a scroll bar.
 
And a clock.  Right now, you need to carry a separate device if you need to know the time.  Dumb.

 

LOL - Sorry had to laugh at that absurdity... 

post #1967 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post

The fw also needs a scroll bar.
 
And a clock.  Right now, you need to carry a separate device if you need to know the time.  Dumb.

Agree on the scrollbar. Wanted a clock too, but upon further thought, maybe its better without one. The device can't truly go idle if there is a clock running.
post #1968 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

One would think that someone with jobs and appointments wouldn't rely on a Chinese made DAP for telling time. Good watches are pretty cheap nowadays.

 

Are you saying that the chinese are incapable of including a reliable clock for their device?  Sounds kind of racist to me.

 

I often rely on the clock on my AK100 and even on occasion on my sansa clip.   

post #1969 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

Are you saying that the chinese are incapable of including a reliable clock for their device?  Sounds kind of racist to me.

 

I often rely on the clock on my AK100 and even on occasion on my sansa clip.  

 

 

I'm saying that Chinese don't care even for some music related features (they have folder browsing and it is all they need usually) so requesting a feature so not related is kind of ridiculous.

Oh, and accusing someone for being racist isn't a really good idea imo...:rolleyes:

post #1970 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

 

Dude, down sampling happens with Digital signal, not analogue. so yes, it will not downsample

Thanks. I was wondering, since the volume control on the DX50 affects the lineout signal and normal it does not do that (for iPods).

post #1971 of 18426

updated the fw - a breeze again

 

now I wondered if somebody could help with this....

 

I have an album which is actually a collection of 4 cd's

 

john digweed London 1, 2, 3 & 4

 

however when I click "album" and scroll down, only 2 of them show up?

 

any ideas?

 

thanks

post #1972 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

I love your attitude man.

 
Yes, there are shortcomings, but lets try to sort them out instead of just calling them "idiotic" and "dumb", shall we? I work in IT and if I get tasks worded like that, the odds of the users getting any help are slim to none. Ibasso is a very small company, working their asses off to bring you superior sound at iPod price levels - without an R&D budget like Apple. 
 
PS: With such a small screen, adding a clock would be a waste of pixels in my opinion. I wear a watch and I carry a phone at all times.

 

Maybe the "dumb" and "idiotic" was too much, but really people should stop making excuses for ibasso.   They clearly released a product with firmware that was not ready to use.  The terms were unfair but it was an honest measure of my level of frustration.  I had a device that could only give me access to half of my music.

 

Also, there are clocks on my smaller AK100 and rockboxed sansa clip.  Most people don't rely on watches anymore because it is pretty close to standard for electronic devices to have clocks.

 

Regarding your other comment about adding calendars and email, if i thought those were necessary, i would have said so.  Clocks though are pretty standard these days; email and calendar is not.

post #1973 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post
 

Thanks. I was wondering, since the volume control on the DX50 affects the lineout signal and normal it does not do that (for iPods).

 

Volume control on the DX50 is the same as on the DX100 - It digitally regulates the output level from the DAC. Keeping the amp section at a fixed level helps avoid channel imbalance and noisy analog controls. And giving you very accurate control at the same time :smile: 

post #1974 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

 

I'm saying that Chinese don't care even for some music related features (they have folder browsing and it is all they need usually) so requesting a feature so not related is kind of ridiculous.

Oh, and accusing someone for being racist isn't a really good idea imo...:rolleyes:

 

I don't want to say you are a racist, but i don't know how else to point out the flaws in your argument.   Your recent comments seem to be generalizations based on race.

post #1975 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

Maybe the "dumb" and "idiotic" was too much, but really people should stop making excuses for ibasso.   They clearly released a product with firmware that was not ready to use.  The terms were unfair but it was an honest measure of my level of frustration.  I had a device that could only give me access to half of my music.

 

Also, there are clocks on my smaller AK100 and rockboxed sansa clip.  Most people don't rely on watches anymore because it is pretty close to standard for electronic devices to have clocks.

 

Regarding your other comment about adding calendars and email, if i thought those were necessary, i would have said so.  Clocks though are pretty standard these days; email and calendar is not.

 

http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=81

 

So, you bought this DX50 despite the fact that it doesn't claim to have a clock and now you feel wronged because it doesn't have a clock? I'm sorry man, I just can't follow your logic. I understand your frustration when it comes to the bugs though.

 

YES, the first firmware was crap (judging by comments here) but with 1.1.6 I think this genuinely has the best UI of any audiophile DAP yet. Sure beats the DX100 in my opinion, even though the DX100 has a (wildly inaccurate, by the way) clock.

post #1976 of 18426

My English is not good. Here is the link to http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html. The "day", "Artist" is not read by the player. the indicator in the display means ("Null"). The player does not recognize the integrated "cover".

post #1977 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

I don't want to say you are a racist, but i don't know how else to point out the flaws in your argument.   Your recent comments seem to be generalizations based on race.

it's not coming from me. you can look at the Fiio X3 thread, where a chinese man, James fiio (a CEO of Fiio) says the same thing. I wouldn't imagine that saying  Chinese people don't care for certain features in a DAP would be somehow racist...

 

 

Look, I know what you mean, having a watch wouldn't be bad and it would be very welcome but it's not a feature you would choose a DAP with. At least that's my point of view, but if you think otherwise, it's your right. Nobody here is defending ibasso, I for one, am already annoyed by the bugs (though I still have to receive the actual unit :D ) and will clearly state every problem I may have with it but at least until the bugs are non-existent, I wouldn't ask for new features, especially something that is not directly connected to playing music. once more, it's just my point of view.

post #1978 of 18426

LOL you have GOT to be kidding with the clock and the racist stuff lol. 

 

But it's made for a great read and lightened an altogether crappy day! 

post #1979 of 18426

Maybe my expectations are too low......but I have seen nothing so wrong with their firmware including 1.00 that's deserving of of the harsh criticism written like it's beta, it's trash, horrible etc etc.  It works fine to browse music for the most part minus some scanning/tagging/filename issues.  There are some small quirks that they're ironing out very quickly with these new firmware releases.....and the SQ to price ratio is just icing on the cake.  IMO beta trash would be a firmware that freezes consistently all the time or cannot allow you to play the music at all....iBasso like most companies take into account of what people normally do when tagging music/typical filenames.....they are trying to gather feedback and fine tune their firmware to take care of the more special cases.  I haven't seen anyone have any issues when the files are tagged normally and using normal English characters (not that it's the limitation, all my chinese/japanese work fine and only a couple japanaese albums didn't with the initial 1.00 firmware....all my tags are done using mp3tag when I ripped the music so no weird tagging there).

 

About the time issue.....I agree with Sorenslim, waste of pixel space and resources....I'm sure your complaint represents a small minority (especially amongst the people on head fi) to condemn a DAP for the lack of a clock...

 

Back on track, any other users with the TG334 can verify the hiss on the DX50?  I'm going to try all my other IEMs when I get home also and see if that hiss is present.

post #1980 of 18426

Message to Ibasso (if they read the topic).

Would it be possible (in a future release) to have this view (ID3 Tag):

 

Genre --> Artist --> Album(s) --> list of songs for the selected album

Artist --> Album(s) --> list of songs for the selected album

 

It will be near perfect ^^

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016