or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 14

post #196 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post
 

 

It was SF Express that called..................

 

I am racking my brains, but I really do not have anything coming from China, at least not to my residential address............... 

 

Well as least you seems to be cognizant of the fact you bought too many stuffs... LOL...

 

Either that or iBasso wise up and found out shipping to Hong Kong via SF Express cost like only 30% of what Fedex International Priority charge.  Well, I still like seeing the "Extremely Urgent" on the FedPac.  My mailroom and the young secretary really rushed it to me  :)

post #197 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

 

Well as least you seems to be cognizant of the fact you bought too many stuffs... LOL...

 

Either that or iBasso wise up and found out shipping to Hong Kong via SF Express cost like only 30% of what Fedex International Priority charge.  Well, I still like seeing the "Extremely Urgent" on the FedPac.  My mailroom and the young secretary really rushed it to me  :)

 

 

They rushed it to you not because of the package. It is the "Bosses and young Secretaries thing":wink_face:

 

Did you leave your unit burning in overnight?

post #198 of 18427

I had a weird shipping thing with ibasso.  They sent me a DHL tracking number for a package shipping from HK, but DHL never received the package.   That was a  few days ago.  I emailed them and then I got a call from DHL saying that it would be delivered next business day, but it was a completely different tracking number.   Unfortunately, it is now Friday here and I doubt that they paid for weekend delivery.

 

I have to be honest that i have found this very frustrating.  Paid for express shipping but this feels more like the proverbial slow boat from china.  I understand that mistakes get made, but it seems like it hit every snag possible.  I wouldn't be surprised if they filled out the customs declaration incorrectly and i end up having to pay some duties.

post #199 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

I wouldn't be surprised if they filled out the customs declaration incorrectly and i end up having to pay some duties.

 

Oh man I know how you feel. But the above, I swear iBasso's on top of. They have to deal with China customs, so they're excellent at making sure declarations on their side is filed to your benefit. :P

post #200 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

I had a weird shipping thing with ibasso.  They sent me a DHL tracking number for a package shipping from HK, but DHL never received the package.   That was a  few days ago.  I emailed them and then I got a call from DHL saying that it would be delivered next business day, but it was a completely different tracking number.   Unfortunately, it is now Friday here and I doubt that they paid for weekend delivery.

 

I have to be honest that i have found this very frustrating.  Paid for express shipping but this feels more like the proverbial slow boat from china.  I understand that mistakes get made, but it seems like it hit every snag possible.  I wouldn't be surprised if they filled out the customs declaration incorrectly and i end up having to pay some duties.

 

If that's the case and you didn't get the package by the date it was suppose to be delivered (especially if it was fast shipping). I suggest you contact ibasso and even the carrier to ask for a refund fort the difference in shipping to regular shipping if they didn't fulfill their end of the bargain.

post #201 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post
 

 

Oh man I know how you feel. But the above, I swear iBasso's on top of. They have to deal with China customs, so they're excellent at making sure declarations on their side is filed to your benefit. :P

 

Actually, it is US customs that I have to worry about.  In theory, a country could charge a duty for exporting, but they don't because they want to encourage sales to other countries.  In contrast, many countries charge duties for importing because they want to raise the cost of imports to encourage consumers to buy locally.   US Customs would be the problem.

 

I do hope though that they filled out the forms in a way to avoid extra fees.

post #202 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

If that's the case and you didn't get the package by the date it was suppose to be delivered (especially if it was fast shipping). I suggest you contact ibasso and even the carrier to ask for a refund fort the difference in shipping to regular shipping if they didn't fulfill their end of the bargain.

 

The shipper wouldn't be a part of this. Ibasso apparently sent me the tracking number for a package that never got to the shipper.  I might talk to ibasso about refunding some of the shipping but i want to actually wait until i get the product first.

post #203 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

Actually, it is US customs that I have to worry about.  In theory, a country could charge a duty for exporting, but they don't because they want to encourage sales to other countries.  In contrast, many countries charge duties for importing because they want to raise the cost of imports to encourage consumers to buy locally.   US Customs would be the problem.

 

I do hope though that they filled out the forms in a way to avoid extra fees.

 

I was more suggesting that since they feel the pain, they make sure to do their best so you don't feel that pain they feel.

post #204 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

The shipper wouldn't be a part of this. Ibasso apparently sent me the tracking number for a package that never got to the shipper.  I might talk to ibasso about refunding some of the shipping but i want to actually wait until i get the product first.

 

Just curious, how much more did you pay for express?  I paid the standard shipping fee of $30 (I think) and my package was shipped DHL Express Worldwide.  I received notification from DHL today that my package is expected to be delivered on Monday.  If only iBasso was able to ship out the package just one day earlier then I could've had it today and didn't have to pay extra for shipping besides the standard cost.

post #205 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

I had a weird shipping thing with ibasso.  They sent me a DHL tracking number for a package shipping from HK, but DHL never received the package.  

 

It sounds like iBasso just gave you the wrong tracking number by mistake.  It happens all the time when retailers print their own labels.  I also doubt there has been any delay.   I don't think anyone in the US has received one yet.  I ordered within minutes of it going on sale, and mine is scheduled for delivery on Monday. 

 

DHL does not deliver on weekends in the US. 

post #206 of 18427

I'm in second batch and I haven't got any tracking. is it normal or just me? :)

post #207 of 18427

I wish iBasso opens hardware specs and apis to the world, I think rockbox in this build would be unbeatable, and I wonder why dont iBasso takes up Rockbox core and build custom firmware on top of it, it is such matured project and working in many DAPs

post #208 of 18427

More impressions, less (and by less, I mean zero) shipping chatter. Thanks in advance. :wink_face:

post #209 of 18427

Anyone tried it with sm64 v2? Thanks.

post #210 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Just got a call from couriers, should be receiving mine this afternoon

Wasn't expecting it til next week.......................At least, I think it is the DX50, not expecting anything else from the mainlandblink.gif
Well I also send you some chicken feet and pig ears from Shanghai so maybe it is that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016