or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 919

post #13771 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdixon View Post

Guys,


 


I have RockBox installed and iam really enjoying it,


 


but seeing lots of firmwares like the sound explosion and 1.5 makes me eager to try them,


 


so i need to ask users that enjoy rockbox, is it really worthy to try the sound of any of these firmwares ??


 



and i really don't care about sluggishness of the gui or anything but the sound.


 



Its so easy to try, why not? It takes almost no time or effort to update. just do it!

1.5 is freaking awesome. It sounds better than almost any player ive listened to
Edited by MCImes - 6/25/14 at 10:55am
post #13772 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishera View Post



There is no need to perform any uninstall. If the installation failed the dx50 doesn't get recognized as mango device. Right click the 2kxxx update the driver through browsing the drivers from your PC. Once installation completed mango device should appear.

Executing the setup exe doesn't work even in signature enforcement disabled mode. I had to install it through device manager.

BucketIInBUcket that's not the device manager...

My computer can't even find the installer when I direct it to where I stuck the drivers. 

post #13773 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

I'm using Windows 7 so I don't think I need to deal with the no signature issue. I might just wait until iBasso fix the install issue though, it's a bit frustrating since I think I've tried at least 12 times by now. Thanks for the help anyways guys.

I'm also running Win 7 but I encountered the signature issue as well. The driver was installed but Windows would not let it work. I have to disable the driver signature enforcement to get the DAC to work. It's similar to Win 8; just press F8 when starting windows and the option is right there. After that I don't even need to reinstall the driver; it simply worked. Hope this could help.

post #13774 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post


so what do you call that window then?lol

That's device and printers..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

My computer can't even find the installer when I direct it to where I stuck the drivers. 

Then there is nothing much you can do, if directly installing from setup didn't work. See if you checked include subdirectory.

 

To those who installed the driver and cannot find it in playback device. I just ran into the same problem. After a computer reboot, it will no longer show in playback device. My pc recognizes the dx50. Not sure if it requires me to stay in signature disabled mode for it to work.

 

(windows 8.1 64bit) after reboot

 

http://i.imgur.com/F5XjcM0.jpg

 

In conclusion, forget about the dac function and wait for a proper driver to be released.


Edited by Ishera - 6/25/14 at 1:22pm
post #13775 of 18427
I don't even have an F8 option, so I guess I'm out of luck. I'll just wait for a stable release. I'm very happy with the 1.5 firmware anyway.

I've been thinking about it and the only thing that sounds dark to me is the space between the instruments. In 1.2.8 there is added air in between the instruments and in 1.5 it's black space instead.
post #13776 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I really like the sound explosion firmware to be honest, completely changed my opinion on DX50 headphone out. It sounds really wide, spacious and clean with most of my IEM. I think it's great we have a few firmwares to play with.


I am glad you like it. Since I installed it a while back ago my C3 & Studio V have been collecting dust. Did you install the Mega Explosion based off of the 1.50 firmware?

If not, you should try it.

post #13777 of 18427

Need some direction here. I'm worried about screwing up a perfectly running player.How do you install new firmware on player that has Rockbox already installed? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

post #13778 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by penchant View Post

I'm also running Win 7 but I encountered the signature issue as well. The driver was installed but Windows would not let it work. I have to disable the driver signature enforcement to get the DAC to work. It's similar to Win 8; just press F8 when starting windows and the option is right there. After that I don't even need to reinstall the driver; it simply worked. Hope this could help.

I had to do the same on my Win7 64 bit PC at work. It's now working fine but had to manually update the driver via the device manager.

I'm also getting some stutter while playing back music. I have never had any problem before. Wondering why it's now happening.

Bought a new external 2TB drive to finally get access to all my library at work via the USB DAC.

I listen to the Dx50 with 1.5.0 all day and I didn't found it darker at all. Maybe a bit more punch on the low frequencies but not enough to call it dark.
post #13779 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Ronin View Post
 

Need some direction here. I'm worried about screwing up a perfectly running player.How do you install new firmware on player that has Rockbox already installed? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.


First you need to flash stock_recovery.zip which is included in FIRMWARE_DOC2008.zip. Then you download the newest 1.5.0 firmware from iBasso and flash it through the advanced settings menu as you would normally. You can find the FIRMWARE_DOC2008.zip in the rockbox thread.

post #13780 of 18427

Actually I don't want to go back to stock, I want to keep Rockbox but add 1.5.0 in place of the 1.2.8 firmware that is current on my dx50. I like the option to go back and forth between the two.

post #13781 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack08 View Post


I am glad you like it. Since I installed it a while back ago my C3 & Studio V have been collecting dust. Did you install the Mega Explosion based off of the 1.50 firmware?
If not, you should try it.
Any quick comparisons on the mega explosion based on 1.5 firmware?
post #13782 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Ronin View Post
 

Actually I don't want to go back to stock, I want to keep Rockbox but add 1.5.0 in place of the 1.2.8 firmware that is current on my dx50. I like the option to go back and forth between the two.

Do what was suggested and then go through the steps of reinstalling RockBox from the very start (installing the non-stock recovery included in the RB files) as you did before when you had the 1.2.8 firmware installed.  RB works OVER the firmware already in the device.

post #13783 of 18427
Ok. I guess I thought there was an easier way to do it. Thanks
post #13784 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdixon View Post
 

Guys,

 

I have RockBox installed and iam really enjoying it,

 

but seeing lots of firmwares like the sound explosion and 1.5 makes me eager to try them,

 

so i need to ask users that enjoy rockbox, is it really worthy to try the sound of any of these firmwares ??

 

and i really don't care about sluggishness of the gui or anything but the sound.

I have used rockbox since it was introduced for the DX50, and I would say that FW 1.5.0 sounds great.

post #13785 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack08 View Post
 


I am glad you like it. Since I installed it a while back ago my C3 & Studio V have been collecting dust. Did you install the Mega Explosion based off of the 1.50 firmware?

If not, you should try it.



Yes, if it wasn't for your PM msg I probably would never of tried. The sound explosion firmware has completely changed my views on DX50. It just sounds so much cleaner, spacious and no longer straining in the mid-range. I used to get a strange sensation from DX50 headphone out where it sounded like I needed to really crank up the volume to get good detail with vocals however that seems to be lifted and I can agree it sounds much wider and easier on the ears.

I haven't tried the mega explosion yet. But maybe will do so later down the road. (far as I know I am just using sound explosion?)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016