or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 860

post #12886 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Angel View Post


Format them into exFat, i have no problem with mine at all. just drag the flacs inside with an sd reader on my mac mini
I turn on the dx50 before insert the sd so it can "see it" and prompt you for a full scan, its very quickly

Will the DX50 work with exFAT for 64gb cards.....I thought they had to be FAT32??

Neither will it scan the card when I insert it.....it insists on scanning individual albums as I select them to play
post #12887 of 18426

Which external hard drives work with OTG USB? I have a 500GB Seagate but it doesn't recognise it. It doesn't need to be plugged in to a power source work so I don't understand why it won't work with the player. Is it just the small external drives that work as I think they just go up to 128gb? Has anyone used a big capacity drive with success as I want to know which is the best one to get

post #12888 of 18426

I was looking to see if microsd -> usb adapters were a thing that existed (they don't, haha) and I didn't even THINK of the fact that this probably supports USB OTG.  If anyone can get that working with a large drive....thats major.

post #12889 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by endus View Post
 

I was looking to see if microsd -> usb adapters were a thing that existed (they don't, haha) and I didn't even THINK of the fact that this probably supports USB OTG.  If anyone can get that working with a large drive....thats major.

Looking for something like this? http://www.meenova.com/st/p/m3r.html

post #12890 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Davidson View Post

Which external hard drives work with OTG USB? I have a 500GB Seagate but it doesn't recognise it. It doesn't need to be plugged in to a power source work so I don't understand why it won't work with the player. Is it just the small external drives that work as I think they just go up to 128gb? Has anyone used a big capacity drive with success as I want to know which is the best one to get

The DX50 doesn't have enough juice to power external spinning drive. You need to connect via a powered usb hub.
post #12891 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJobs View Post
 

Looking for something like this? http://www.meenova.com/st/p/m3r.html

Nah, the opposite of that.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post


The DX50 doesn't have enough juice to power external spinning drive. You need to connect via a powered usb hub.

 

I wonder if a USB stick or ssd would work...hmmmm

post #12892 of 18426

Has anyone reviewed the X5 against DX50 ? I see there are comparisons between X3 and this one but not against X5... Also, I have HE-400 and planning on getting something by Sennheiser soon, what is the solution to use an external amp such as the E12 with DX50 getting the best sound possible. Thanks ! :L3000:

post #12893 of 18426
OK I need help with these 64GB SD Card issues because they are beyond a f*****g joke......

1 - I can't believe that it takes nearly 5 hours to copy over a dozen albums of HiRes music in FLAC files.

2 - once I have spent 5 hours waiting for the files to transfer...half of them do not appear on the SD Card....I get the artist name and that's it's....no album and no tracks....this has happened numerous times now.

3 - I know it's not the music on the computer as these files play perfectly under Media Centre.....my ALAC files also play fine on my iPhone and iPad.

I have formatted the SD Card in both exFAT and FAT32 neither work.....

Just beyond a joke really!!!!! And the only trouble is the DX50 doesn't have enough internal memory to make it useful without a large SD Card....I want to listen to my music not spend all my time ******* about trying to copy it!!!!
post #12894 of 18426

I copied 30gb of FLAC music in folders from my Mac to a card using a card reader and it took about 2 hours.

post #12895 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by chee006 View Post

Don't have to worry about the spike cause I have never experiance it myself as a matter of fact the overall sound is a very laid back one, I prefered this over my tipleFi10 IEM whcih is sonically superior but was far too analytical for me whereas the HD 558 has a better musical presentation of music. This is an excellent pair up, I still use it when i am travelling in a bus between states even though I have the HD650 and triple and my disposal. 
Thanks for the inputs my friend. It helped a lot. smily_headphones1.gif)
post #12896 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

OK I need help with these 64GB SD Card issues because they are beyond a f*****g joke......

1 - I can't believe that it takes nearly 5 hours to copy over a dozen albums of HiRes music in FLAC files.

2 - once I have spent 5 hours waiting for the files to transfer...half of them do not appear on the SD Card....I get the artist name and that's it's....no album and no tracks....this has happened numerous times now.

3 - I know it's not the music on the computer as these files play perfectly under Media Centre.....my ALAC files also play fine on my iPhone and iPad.

I have formatted the SD Card in both exFAT and FAT32 neither work.....

Just beyond a joke really!!!!! And the only trouble is the DX50 doesn't have enough internal memory to make it useful without a large SD Card....I want to listen to my music not spend all my time ******* about trying to copy it!!!!


Use a card reader it will be faster
post #12897 of 18426

When a SD or any memory is terribly slow it is either your card reader / interface or just bad or slow memory, being that you are not showing all you transferred is a pretty good indicator the memory is defective. SD cards are rated by speed, and the cheaper ones are also the slower ones, so be mindful of that when shopping for memory.

post #12898 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel12 View Post


Thanks for the inputs my friend. It helped a lot. smily_headphones1.gif)

No problem. :gs1000smile:

post #12899 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

OK I need help with these 64GB SD Card issues because they are beyond a f*****g joke......

1 - I can't believe that it takes nearly 5 hours to copy over a dozen albums of HiRes music in FLAC files.

2 - once I have spent 5 hours waiting for the files to transfer...half of them do not appear on the SD Card....I get the artist name and that's it's....no album and no tracks....this has happened numerous times now.

3 - I know it's not the music on the computer as these files play perfectly under Media Centre.....my ALAC files also play fine on my iPhone and iPad.

I have formatted the SD Card in both exFAT and FAT32 neither work.....

Just beyond a joke really!!!!! And the only trouble is the DX50 doesn't have enough internal memory to make it useful without a large SD Card....I want to listen to my music not spend all my time ******* about trying to copy it!!!!


That's weird.  I didn't have any of the problems you are having with my DX50.  Hopefully you figure out what the problem is.  A card reader will make transfers faster most likely.

post #12900 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

OK I need help with these 64GB SD Card issues because they are beyond a f*****g joke......

1 - I can't believe that it takes nearly 5 hours to copy over a dozen albums of HiRes music in FLAC files.

2 - once I have spent 5 hours waiting for the files to transfer...half of them do not appear on the SD Card....I get the artist name and that's it's....no album and no tracks....this has happened numerous times now.

3 - I know it's not the music on the computer as these files play perfectly under Media Centre.....my ALAC files also play fine on my iPhone and iPad.

I have formatted the SD Card in both exFAT and FAT32 neither work.....

Just beyond a joke really!!!!! And the only trouble is the DX50 doesn't have enough internal memory to make it useful without a large SD Card....I want to listen to my music not spend all my time ******* about trying to copy it!!!!

maybe crooked cards? There are so many counterfeits out there
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016