or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 857

post #12841 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasMaskMan View Post

It is clean, it literally just STOPS at the halfway mark and it refuses to go further.

May be it is related to the theme ? Can you try another theme or the default one ?
post #12842 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

Everyone's ears are different. I do like the M100s are they the best in that price maybe for a closed headphone. If you want a great open one in that price I would recommend the hifiman he400. I like my m100s a lot amped with my D42 and eq off, I really think they sound great. I'm not saying what you recommend is better or worse they will have to experiment on there own.


+1 for the m100s, i love it
post #12843 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdixon View Post

+1 for the m100s, i love it
Have you bought a amp yet?
post #12844 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasMaskMan View Post
 

It is clean, it literally just STOPS at the halfway mark and it refuses to go further.

Then reboot and see if that helps.  Rescan your media and see if that helps.  Take a look at what folder it stops at and see if there's a problem with that folder (and see if that helps).  Finally,  reinstall the firmware and see..., well, you get it.

post #12845 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

Have you bought a amp yet?


Nah, still reading but 80% leaning towards pb2.

Whenever iam at home i use the O2, other than that while iam out dx50 is sufficient, until i get the amp.
post #12846 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

Then reboot and see if that helps.  Rescan your media and see if that helps.  Take a look at what folder it stops at and see if there's a problem with that folder (and see if that helps).  Finally,  reinstall the firmware and see..., well, you get it.

Gonna have to go with the firmware option probably.
It still stops halfway down the list after having added more music.

post #12847 of 18426

Same spot?  Maybe a corrupted file?  Firmware redo is pretty easy, shouldn't take more than 10 minutes or so once you dl the firmware.  

post #12848 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


Everyone's ears are different. I do like the M100s are they the best in that price maybe for a closed headphone. If you want a great open one in that price I would recommend the hifiman he400. I like my m100s a lot amped with my D42 and eq off, I really think they sound great. I'm not saying what you recommend is better or worse they will have to experiment on there own.

Indeed, the rule of YMMV. Many differing opinions make for an interesting forum!

 

I personally recommend the Fidelio X1 for an open headphone that usually goes for US$250 and sometimes less.

post #12849 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Indeed, the rule of YMMV. Many differing opinions make for an interesting forum!

 

I personally recommend the Fidelio X1 for an open headphone that usually goes for US$250 and sometimes less.

 

Well, although the fidelio x1 is a great headphone and whats even better amazon do lots of discounts on it, i remember last time it reached 144$ with 50%, which is an awesome price for this headphone,

 

but i certainly prefer d600 and mad dogs over them, when i listened side by side although its an open can, but i felt the other ones more live and forward.

post #12850 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdixon View Post
 

 

Well, although the fidelio x1 is a great headphone and whats even better amazon do lots of discounts on it, i remember last time it reached 144$ with 50%, which is an awesome price for this headphone,

 

but i certainly prefer d600 and mad dogs over them, when i listened side by side although its an open can, but i felt the other ones more live and forward.

The D600 and Mad Dogs are both more expensive so its not surprising. I've only tried the D600 and not the Mad Dogs so I can't comment. I found the D600 to be absolutely huge and cumbersome but they did sound pretty good. Preferred the Q40 over them though.

post #12851 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

The D600 and Mad Dogs are both more expensive so its not surprising. I've only tried the D600 and not the Mad Dogs so I can't comment. I found the D600 to be absolutely huge and cumbersome but they did sound pretty good. Preferred the Q40 over them though.

You think the mad dogs is better because it's more expensive? Don't forget it's a modified Fostex T50RP which is way cheaper than X1.
post #12852 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post


You think the mad dogs is better because it's more expensive? Don't forget it's a modified Fostex T50RP which is way cheaper than X1.

Most of the time more expensive does equal to better objective sound quality in the case of headphones, and the T50RP driver is capable of amazing things. I've also only stated that it wasn't surprising - I'd certainly be surprised and impressed if a $200 headphone beat a $300 headphone in sound quality.

post #12853 of 18426
Will the sennheiser hd558 pair better with the dx50 or x3? Your comments and opinions will be much appreciated.
post #12854 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


Everyone's ears are different. I do like the M100s are they the best in that price maybe for a closed headphone. If you want a great open one in that price I would recommend the hifiman he400. I like my m100s a lot amped with my D42 and eq off, I really think they sound great. I'm not saying what you recommend is better or worse they will have to experiment on there own.

Indeed, the rule of YMMV. Many differing opinions make for an interesting forum!

 

I personally recommend the Fidelio X1 for an open headphone that usually goes for US$250 and sometimes less.


I need a closed can (i'll use it in public transport) and without an external amp. If I can I'll try the moda and Yamaha (but i think they are heavy and don't fold at all)
post #12855 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


Everyone's ears are different. I do like the M100s are they the best in that price maybe for a closed headphone. If you want a great open one in that price I would recommend the hifiman he400. I like my m100s a lot amped with my D42 and eq off, I really think they sound great. I'm not saying what you recommend is better or worse they will have to experiment on there own.

Indeed, the rule of YMMV. Many differing opinions make for an interesting forum!

 

I personally recommend the Fidelio X1 for an open headphone that usually goes for US$250 and sometimes less.


Thanks but I need a closed can (i'll use it in public transport) and without an external amp. If I can I'll try the moda and Yamaha (but i think that Yam are heavy and don't fold at all)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016