or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 86

post #1276 of 18426

Yes, revert to original firmware.  And now my music plays and the album covers display normally again.

 

My music was showing up with the new firmware, just nothing would play and the album artwork no longer displayed as well.  I tried loading music onto both the internal memory and a micro SD by drag and drop from Windows Explorer as well as syncing within J River.  Didn't make any difference with any of those factors.

post #1277 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

factory reset did what exactly? did it revert to the original firmware? 

:confused_face:

 

It reverts all settings to stock, which is usually needed when upgrading Android. 

post #1278 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fret View Post
 

Yes, revert to original firmware.  And now my music plays and the album covers display normally again.

 

My music was showing up with the new firmware, just nothing would play and the album artwork no longer displayed as well.  I tried loading music onto both the internal memory and a micro SD by drag and drop from Windows Explorer as well as syncing within J River.  Didn't make any difference with any of those factors.

You sure it did? can you check what firmware is on (if there is a possibility to do so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

 

It reverts all settings to stock, which is usually needed when upgrading Android. 

 

I thought so

post #1279 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fret View Post
 

Yes, revert to original firmware.  And now my music plays and the album covers display normally again.

 

My music was showing up with the new firmware, just nothing would play and the album artwork no longer displayed as well.  I tried loading music onto both the internal memory and a micro SD by drag and drop from Windows Explorer as well as syncing within J River.  Didn't make any difference with any of those factors.

eh i think u might have missed out the last step of the update process where you're supposed to do a factory reset after running the update file.if you didn't do that right after the update process is completed, none of your files will play (or there's no sound). Can you check your 'system info' to see if it's v1.00 or v1.1.5?


Edited by azarel - 9/13/13 at 6:04am
post #1280 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

I'll never forget spkrs01 words just before pushing me over the edge to pull the trigger on DX50.

"You won't regret it buddy" :wink_face:

 

Do I need to hide ???..........................................

 

:blink:

post #1281 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post
 

 

Do I need to hide ???..........................................

 

:blink:

 

 Not at all, I'm looking at DX50 as an ongoing project for myself.

There might be a few hiccups along the way however, I want to enjoy the ride from start to finish.  :cool:

We can do it together........ as a team!! 

 

post #1282 of 18426

I am extremely happy with the DX50 despite it.  It is certainly worth buying at this price, excellent sonic quality but I do have a gripe about the low end EQ function.  I wish it had more Bass output.  


Edited by 24Bit - 9/13/13 at 6:39am
post #1283 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

 

 Not at all, I'm looking at DX50 as an ongoing project for myself.

There might be a few hiccups along the way however, I want to enjoy the ride from start to finish.  :cool:

We can do it together........ as a team!! 

 

 

Phew!!!

 :beerchug:

post #1284 of 18426

How did you load the firmware fix. i loaded  about 50 loss  less albums last night and not one has artwork that followed and I get media scanning every time I turn on the player and tons of freezing still. What did the firmware address?

post #1285 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

How did you load the firmware fix. i loaded  about 50 loss  less albums last night and not one has artwork that followed and I get media scanning every time I turn on the player and tons of freezing still. What did the firmware address?

 

 

Instruction For Firmware upgrade:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX50;
2, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears after the DX50 has the update.img inside);
3, click OK to start the firmware update;
4, after the firmware update completed, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX50;
5, delete the update.img.


Bugs Rectified:
1, unable to play music that folder name or file name has the symbol ';
2, intermittent channels reversed bug;
3, display and play hidden file, that lead to system frozen


Functions Added:
1, Genre added;
2, thumbnail album artwork preview in Album;
3, play all funcction (when select a track on All Music, all tracks will be added to the Now Playing)

 

This was posted by CosmicHolyGhost about 4-5 pages back. HTH.

 

Quote:
 Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

I'll never forget spkrs01 words just before pushing me over the edge to pull the trigger on DX50.

"You won't regret it buddy" :wink_face:

 

Placed an order because of Gavin too, but also wanted to see/hear how the DX50 progresses through the FW updates and I couldn't be bothered to wait any longer.

post #1286 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post
 

 

 

Instruction For Firmware upgrade:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX50;
2, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears after the DX50 has the update.img inside);
3, click OK to start the firmware update;
4, after the firmware update completed, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX50;
5, delete the update.img.

 

the 4th step probably the most important, if done correctly step 5 is actually redundant.

post #1287 of 18426

I finally received my DX50 today :)

First thing I did was installing the new firmware version and I have to say.....everything works like a charm :D
Did not encounter a single problem. So far, I put around 35GB of music on it.
I'm a happy camper!


Only thing that bugs me a bit right now is that the player can't seem to remember where I was scrolling around when using the folder view or whatever it is called.
It starts at the beginning of the list everytime I want to brows through it.

Minor inconvenience :P

Edit:
Okay, I take that back :P
Refuses to play some files and instead jumps back to the first track of the folder.
Only seems to happen with a few tracks with japanese track titles.


Fixed itself for some reason.
Cool.


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 9/13/13 at 8:23am
post #1288 of 18426

Now that the new Firmware has resolved most of my issues...let the comparisons begin!!!:)

 

 

 

 

post #1289 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveltegenius View Post
 

Now that the new Firmware has resolved most of my issues...let the comparisons begin!!!:)

 

You can do full review for portable headphone of 2013 already.

Looking forward to hear your impressions. 

Happy listening.

post #1290 of 18426
Not with HD files, though. At the moment, the DX50 is strictly Redbook-only (and has become rather bass-heavy)...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016