or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 811

post #12151 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCMRGN View Post
 

Today, I tried the new SanDisk 128GB card (formatted to FAT32 with guiformat.exe) in the AK100 and the Fiio X3. Both work fine. Tomorrow, I'll try the DX50.

Works fine on the DX50

post #12152 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2s View Post

To roll back to the factory firmware, turn off the player, log in recovery (power button + volume up button) and flash update.img that you previously copied to the memory card.

yah this make sense because you never replace the recovery. Will still wait for the official release.
Edited by cub0ne - 3/12/14 at 9:49am
post #12153 of 18427

The port is quite stable and allows easy switching rockbox <-> mango.

The install process is really too complicated for ordinary users yet, but safe enough.

Original here: https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home

Yes, it does not affect recovery, you can always reboot holding vol+ and install original firmware back.

Or go with rkbatchtool and reflash even if you somehow manage to break recovery.

 

I'm working right now on easier install process, can't get CWM running on dx50 yet.

post #12154 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzcc View Post
 

The port is quite stable and allows easy switching rockbox <-> mango.

The install process is really too complicated for ordinary users yet, but safe enough.

Original here: https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home

Yes, it does not affect recovery, you can always reboot holding vol+ and install original firmware back.

Or go with rkbatchtool and reflash even if you somehow manage to break recovery.

 

I'm working right now on easier install process, can't get CWM running on dx50 yet.

 

Hope you can at least come up with something that works on a Unix shell so it can be done on Mac OSX.

post #12155 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzcc View Post
 

The port is quite stable and allows easy switching rockbox <-> mango.

The install process is really too complicated for ordinary users yet, but safe enough.

Original here: https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home

Yes, it does not affect recovery, you can always reboot holding vol+ and install original firmware back.

Or go with rkbatchtool and reflash even if you somehow manage to break recovery.

 

I'm working right now on easier install process, can't get CWM running on dx50 yet.

 

Many thanks for your efforts. I'm on the fence about trying an install. Even though I'm pretty savy with computers matters, I think that I'll wait just a bit longer on this. 

post #12156 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

Hope you can at least come up with something that works on a Unix shell so it can be done on Mac OSX.

How do you think I'm working with that? Of course in shell on MacOSX :)

You just need adb from ndk to install.

post #12157 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzcc View Post

The port is quite stable and allows easy switching rockbox <-> mango.
The install process is really too complicated for ordinary users yet, but safe enough.
Original here: https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home
Yes, it does not affect recovery, you can always reboot holding vol+ and install original firmware back.
Or go with rkbatchtool and reflash even if you somehow manage to break recovery.

I'm working right now on easier install process, can't get CWM running on dx50 yet.

Yah. I might give it a shot maybe this weekend. Main concern of course is how it sounds..

Getting CWM or TWRP ported to DX50 will give users more access on it. Possibilities of installing a different player I think.
Edited by cub0ne - 3/12/14 at 11:36am
post #12158 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post

Getting CWM or TWRP ported to DX50 will give users more access on it. Possibilities of installing a different player I think.

TWRP probably won't work. The screen is too small. Also, TWRP doesn't read or write exFAT.

I could have sworn that someone had ported CWR to DX50 pretty early on.

Does anyone here know if DX50 can boot from uSD card like the various Nook tablets? Installing a AOSP firmware on a Nook amounts to putting CWR on a uSD card and booting that to perform the eMMC installation. Much easier than mucking about with adb and fastboot.
post #12159 of 18427

Just got in the dx50 and I'm on the latest firmware. Can some explain why toggling the EQ ON (flat) seems to raise the volume level?

post #12160 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

Does anyone here know if DX50 can boot from uSD card like the various Nook tablets? Installing a AOSP firmware on a Nook amounts to putting CWR on a uSD card and booting that to perform the eMMC installation. Much easier than mucking about with adb and fastboot.

That I'm not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Just got in the dx50 and I'm on the latest firmware. Can some explain why toggling the EQ ON (flat) seems to raise the volume level?

Vice versa. Toggling it on should lower down the volume. More like a safety feature
post #12161 of 18427

^^ Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by safety feature. 

post #12162 of 18427
Switching EQ on lowers the volume across the frequency range by 6 db so that even at max +6 db on any band you dont go over the top volume wise and get clipping
post #12163 of 18427
The EQ function is confusing. When it says ON its actually off. The button displays what would happen if you press it, not its current state.

As Cube says, when you turn the EQ on, it cuts the output by 6dB. This is so the DAC output does not clip when you max an EQ band (max boost is +6 dB, so the 6db reduction ensures the DAC signal is clean)

louder= EQ off, quieter= Eq on

Edit: NC8000 beat me by 1 second!
Edited by MCImes - 3/12/14 at 12:46pm
post #12164 of 18427

Okay, thanks got it. 

post #12165 of 18427

Get update.img with dualboot to rockbox + instructions here:

https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016