or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 810

post #12136 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonsocm View Post

Hi.

I bought a DX50 one week ago, until the moment I didn't have problems.

But, now, I have a persistent problem, two days ago the DX50 didn't boot it only showed the first screen, I made a hard reset with wipe of memory and cache.

Now, DX50 works but it takes a long time to boot (around 5 minutes) then show the main screen but the information of the slider of time of song is not correct (it works well when start the next song) although it is playing well.

The firmware is 1.2.8, I have songs in FLAC, OGG and M4A. I perceived this problem playing OGG.

Can someone help me? Is there some solution?

Thanks.

Try to reflash the firmware. 5minutes of boot time is too long. Mine only takes seconds. After the reflash and you're still having the same problem. I think you have a faulty DX50
post #12137 of 18427

Thanks.

 

I will make a reflash of the firm before other measures. :D

post #12138 of 18427
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonsocm View Post

Thanks.

I will make a reflash of the firm before other measures. biggrin.gif

No worries mate.
post #12139 of 18427
Played around with the 1.2.8 with 1.2.2 sound, have gone back to standard 1.2.8 as I prefer this one.
post #12140 of 18427
1.2.2 has a neutral sounding IMO. 1.2.8 has a greater bass but not much as 1.2.6 and 1.2.7
post #12141 of 18427
post #12142 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by salavat View Post

Looks like Rockbox for DX50 is here http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=124436&page=327&p=1351875#post1351875

its same, as on rockbox forum. it's no release version

post #12143 of 18427

If someone else is brave enough to try it and says it works I will give it a go. Just a bit nervous in case it screws the player up.

post #12144 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by salavat View Post

Looks like Rockbox for DX50 is here http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=124436&page=327&p=1351875#post1351875

I'll wait for the official release.. Thanks BTW
post #12145 of 18427

If someone else is brave enough to try it and says it works I will give it a go. Just a bit nervous in case it screws the player up.

post #12146 of 18427

I'm following the RB release for the dx50 very closely...

 

:popcorn:

post #12147 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I'm following the RB release for the dx50 very closely...

popcorn.gif

I was thinking that you're trying to follow the instructions lol.
The adb command list replaces all the main software part of the DX50. Seems that it wont allow you to flash the orginal/official firmware after following the instructions IMO..
post #12148 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post


I was thinking that you're trying to follow the instructions lol.
The adb command list replaces all the main software part of the DX50. Seems that it wont allow you to flash the orginal/official firmware after following the instructions IMO..

who prevents to make a backup of the files that are replaced during installation?

'adb shell' runs standart linux shell commands

'adb push' uploads files to device

i dont know, but m.b. exists 'adb pull' command, to download files?

or if this command does not exist - use 'mv' (to move/rename), 'cp' (to copy), 'mkdir' (to make direcrory) commands to make backup directly on the device, than you can move/copy this backup to internal memory, and copy this to pc via file manager.


Edited by chestr92 - 3/12/14 at 9:03am
post #12149 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post
Seems that it wont allow you to flash the orginal/official firmware after following the instructions IMO..

To roll back to the factory firmware, turn off the player, log in recovery (power button + volume up button) and flash update.img that you previously copied to the memory card.

post #12150 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestr92 View Post

who prevents to make a backup of the files that are replaced during installation?
'adb shell' runs standart linux shell commands
'adb push' uploads files to device
i dont know, but m.b. exists 'adb pull' command, to download files?
or if this command does not exist - use 'mv' (to move/rename), 'cp' (to copy), 'mkdir' (to make direcrory) commands to make backup directly on the device, than you can move/copy this backup to internal memory, and copy this to pc via file manager.

yah I think this might work
Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2s View Post

To roll back to the factory firmware, turn off the player, log in recovery (power button + volume up button) and flash update.img that you previously copied to the memory card.

oh there you go
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016