or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 764

post #11446 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Okay. Everyone's vote please!

V1.2.8 Vs. V1.2.8 with 1.2.2 sound?
Which one do you choose?

Just stock 1.2.8

post #11447 of 18426

For those of you too impatient to download from Mediafire: Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50_MIX_V1_BY_DOC2008.zip

post #11448 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Okay. Everyone's vote please!

V1.2.8 Vs. V1.2.8 with 1.2.2 sound?
Which one do you choose?

Difficault. The mod has amazing soundstage, imaging and detail but it somehow sounds artificial and seems to lack some warmth and bottom end slam so I'm undecided so far
post #11449 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Just stock 1.2.8

 

+1

post #11450 of 18426

Cool If not too much to ask can you make a modded version of 1.2.5. Cheers.

post #11451 of 18426
Thread Starter 
Lol custom firmware. I thought this was eminent with all the sound signature complaints, something to fuel the fire. biggrin.gif
post #11452 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post


Difficault. The mod has amazing soundstage, imaging and detail but it somehow sounds artificial and seems to lack some warmth and bottom end slam so I'm undecided so far

 

+1 Both of them have there own advantages, although the difference is very clear. When I use the mod version, I need to put the gain at low instead of medium, or else with the B&W P5 headphone the sound becomes to bright.

post #11453 of 18426
I have tried the modded 1.2.8 w/ 1.2.2 Sound. Sounds good but I'm experiencing hang ups.

Maybe there is something with the 1.2.2 lib that makes my DX 50 hang even after factory reset etc.

Going back to original 1.2.8 smily_headphones1.gif
post #11454 of 18426
Thanks, everyone!
Alrighty, so through the gathering of your votes, I think I'll be sticking with stock for the time being until I see you all cheering over a modded FW. biggrin.gif
post #11455 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuthecaveman View Post

I have tried the modded 1.2.8 w/ 1.2.2 Sound. Sounds good but I'm experiencing hang ups.

Maybe there is something with the 1.2.2 lib that makes my DX 50 hang even after factory reset etc.

Going back to original 1.2.8 smily_headphones1.gif

Yes I've been having hang ups as well with this modded bios, something I never had before
post #11456 of 18426
Yeah stock FTW!
post #11457 of 18426
^ I have problems with 1.2.2 Even if it's the OFW 1.2.2 frown.gif
post #11458 of 18426
Well I'm on 1.2.8 and it's working like a champ
post #11459 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Thanks, everyone!
Alrighty, so through the gathering of your votes, I think I'll be sticking with stock for the time being until I see you all cheering over a modded FW. biggrin.gif

Your already know that this is NOT going to happen! right? 

 

99% of the 'described' differences are probably neural misfires :) :) 

post #11460 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varoudis View Post

Your already know that this is NOT going to happen! right? 

99% of the 'described' differences are probably neural misfires smily_headphones1.gifsmily_headphones1.gif 
Of course. But one can only hope. wink.gif

Lol! Loving the neuron referencing, haha.

The only time I ever noticed a proper change in sound was from any firmware to 1.2.8. With anything before 1.2.8, the differences to me were very subtle, if any, although I never recalled 1.2.2 to stand out to me. Only 1.2.8.

I suppose the DX50 firmwares are just a pool of placebo juice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016