or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 748

post #11206 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by molika View Post


so what will be the best setting for the dx50/C5 to avoid clipping. i have no clue how to do the calculation.
Turn the gain down until your ears hear 0 clipping, this is 'your' best setting. The best way would be with an oscilloscope.... That's going over board.
I have used it to set the gain on car stereo amps before.
post #11207 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post


Turn the gain down until your ears hear 0 clipping, this is 'your' best setting. The best way would be with an oscilloscope.... That's going over board.
I have used it to set the gain on car stereo amps before.


thx Wickson.

post #11208 of 18426

Can't wait for the X90 so just ordered my DX50 from MP4 Nation after reading about the 1.2.8

 

let's hope the firmware update is easier than the Hisound!

 

When received I will compare to HM-601 and Studio V and Studio V 3rd Anniv.

post #11209 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Aren't you mixing up volts and dB?

No, as far as I'm aware of smily_headphones1.gif
post #11210 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post
 

Can't wait for the X90 so just ordered my DX50 from MP4 Nation after reading about the 1.2.8

 

let's hope the firmware update is easier than the Hisound!

 

When received I will compare to HM-601 and Studio V and Studio V 3rd Anniv.

any notice when ibasso will have the new batch ready?

post #11211 of 18426

It's not on their website,

 

I wonder.........could a new model be coming out?:wink_face:

post #11212 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Angel View Post
 

any notice when ibasso will have the new batch ready?

 

They note that they will start building batch 15th after their new year's celebration.  That can be around 23 days.  This likely means toward the end of the month, but really depends on how long they celebrate the holiday.

post #11213 of 18426

The holiday is almost over. The UI of the DX50 is working so well now. At the price and sound performance of the DX50, to me, it is one of the best buys in the audio market. 

post #11214 of 18426

 

just got myself a DX50 recently, :),  i am happy with it, but have noticed the touchscreen is super sensitive, is there any way to adjust it?

 

 

thx guys

post #11215 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

The UI of the DX50 is working so well now. At the price and sound performance of the DX50, to me, it is one of the best buys in the audio market. 

 

Agree..

post #11216 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

The holiday is almost over. The UI of the DX50 is working so well now. At the price and sound performance of the DX50, to me, it is one of the best buys in the audio market. 


+1

post #11217 of 18426

Has anybody tried to connect DX50 to high end DAC yet? I am quite curious about its potential, would it unleash some sound quality power with external DAC. Unfortunately, my Buffalo III is not with me right now, so I cannot test it.

 

So far, what I have been trying with it - better iem, external amp, better full size headphones along with fw updates from Ibasso showed quite noticeable increase in SQ. I am kinda "hearing" what DX50 is not reproducing on familiar records played on Electrocompaniet EMC-1UP with Buffalo III Dac and amped by Beta 22, so I am curious what DAC adds to the SQ.

post #11218 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by salavat View Post
 

Has anybody tried to connect DX50 to high end DAC yet? I am quite curious about its potential, would it unleash some sound quality power with external DAC. Unfortunately, my Buffalo III is not with me right now, so I cannot test it.

 

So far, what I have been trying with it - better iem, external amp, better full size headphones along with fw updates from Ibasso showed quite noticeable increase in SQ. I am kinda "hearing" what DX50 is not reproducing on familiar records played on Electrocompaniet EMC-1UP with Buffalo III Dac and amped by Beta 22, so I am curious what DAC adds to the SQ.

 

Sounds pretty amazing into a Violectric V800!

post #11219 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by salavat View Post
 

Has anybody tried to connect DX50 to high end DAC yet? I am quite curious about its potential, would it unleash some sound quality power with external DAC. Unfortunately, my Buffalo III is not with me right now, so I cannot test it.

 

So far, what I have been trying with it - better iem, external amp, better full size headphones along with fw updates from Ibasso showed quite noticeable increase in SQ. I am kinda "hearing" what DX50 is not reproducing on familiar records played on Electrocompaniet EMC-1UP with Buffalo III Dac and amped by Beta 22, so I am curious what DAC adds to the SQ.


i will try conecting to my stereo (squeezebox touch - vdac-2 - ade24,1 (from margules), pair of monoblocks Iceblock m5001 (hybrid icepower amp) and b&w 803

and see how it behaves as a source instead the squeezebox

i will test all the options as usb dac, coaxial, lineout and headphone out

just waiting for the chinese new year to get over and have it in my hands

=)

post #11220 of 18426

 

 

Okay, so I'm late again... as always. My review finally is up. I love this player's sound, and love its outputs and connections to pieces. I love the fact that there are only three buttons on the front and each is easy to remember and use. I love that there are volume and hold and power buttons in logical places. I love this player. The problems are with redundant interface elements, small touch targets and a host of other interface foibles.

 

iBasso: you can do it. We know you can. You've got the sound. Just open up to Rockbox and all will be forgiven. 

 

EDITED for grammar. (I've been drinking again.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016