or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 725

post #10861 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post

No bag needed.
Its too cold for moisture, no worries.

Thanks,
I wont continue the off topic ill mail westone but i had no luck with the freezer. The iem was ice solid but the tip is there hehe
post #10862 of 18426

No matter what they add on, I am not changing from FW 1.2.8 unless the sig is the same. Otherwise, I don't need anything more. 

post #10863 of 18426

Edit: Wrong page. :)


Edited by Fluvance - 1/29/14 at 2:53pm
post #10864 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

No matter what they add on, I am not changing from FW 1.2.8 unless the sig is the same. Otherwise, I don't need anything more. 

+1 to that!

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #10865 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitreb View Post

Thanks! I can't myself see a difference between 96 and 44.1 when I compare identical recordings, but that's another story.


Food for thought:

http://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

 



Indeed. I'read that article sometime ago. Very instructive. I'm juggling with the idea of buying a ibasso x50 or a Fiio x3, but perhaps I should stick with my Sansa Clip Zip for the time being... it sounds very nice with my Grado gs1000.
post #10866 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

No matter what they add on, I am not changing from FW 1.2.8 unless the sig is the same. Otherwise, I don't need anything more. 

 

That's my feeling as well - I love the sound and it doe's everything I need it to do.

post #10867 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post

Edit:
I've nothing against preferring to pay for better masters. What I'm on about is that the FOTM "high definition" format is no assurance of getting those better masters. A poorly mastered track will sound bad regardless of the medium and encoding. Slapping a "high definition" sticker and price tag on it won't change a thing.

Unfortunately there is also room for fraud in this market, how would you ID a fraud if you don't have a master to compare with.

Cheers,
Shawn
post #10868 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitreb View Post

Indeed. I'read that article sometime ago. Very instructive. I'm juggling with the idea of buying a ibasso x50 or a Fiio x3, but perhaps I should stick with my Sansa Clip Zip for the time being... it sounds very nice with my Grado gs1000.

Bang for buck? Clip Zip with Rockbox. No hesitation. Price under $40 plus the cost of a uSD card for something that sounds at least as good, if not better, than anything with a fruit logo or a cute robot on the box.

If you want something more than that then I'll say DX50. Side by side, today, X3 is the superior product overall. Looking forward, DX50 has the potential to make X3 look like baby's first iThing.
post #10869 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skp44 View Post

Unfortunately there is also room for fraud in this market, how would you ID a fraud if you don't have a master to compare with.

It's easier than you might think. The Pirate Anime FAQ over at Otaku News includes a list of various things to look for.
post #10870 of 18426

I also noticed on 1.2.8 that the hiss is now gone on all gain settings from the HO with my Roxanne's, where before I had to use high gain to get rid of the hiss.  Anyone else hear this?

post #10871 of 18426

I'm still getting hiss with my 4.A :( though less on high gain.

post #10872 of 18426

Yeah i feel you, never enough left always something next.

but i can dream lol :)

post #10873 of 18426

Anyone know where to get a decent 3.5 3.5 interconnect for around 30-40 dollars on amazon? I know someone posted some before... but i forget who sold it

post #10874 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post
 

Anyone know where to get a decent 3.5 3.5 interconnect for around 30-40 dollars on amazon? I know someone posted some before... but i forget who sold it

I know you said Amazon, but you might consider this:

 

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=58

post #10875 of 18426

haha i'll eventually get a forza one. but im broke right now and need a cheaper option to live with for the time being XD just dropped 600 on an amp...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016