or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 711

post #10651 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredudu View Post

Guys what should I do... I installed 1.2.8 on my device this evening without any trouble and was listening to music. I unplugged my headphones for about 5 minutes and when I came back the player was off. I figures it had just went to sleep but when I try to turn it on it hangs at the ibasso screen. Hard resetting has the sameresult and taking the battery out is the only was to turn it off. I tried removing my SD card and such with no luck. I also tried pressing various button combinations to get in recovery.

Also unrelatd... The playback buttons on my device have become somewhat wobbly and creaking the past week or so.

Don't know about the buttons, I have used mine so much they are shiny. 

 

So have you plugged it back into your computer and gotten rid of any file on the DX50? 

post #10652 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredudu View Post

Guys what should I do... I installed 1.2.8 on my device this evening without any trouble and was listening to music. I unplugged my headphones for about 5 minutes and when I came back the player was off. I figures it had just went to sleep but when I try to turn it on it hangs at the ibasso screen. Hard resetting has the sameresult and taking the battery out is the only was to turn it off. I tried removing my SD card and such with no luck. I also tried pressing various button combinations to get in recovery.

Also unrelatd... The playback buttons on my device have become somewhat wobbly and creaking the past week or so.

Did you follow the installation to the letter including to factory reset the player after the firmware update?
post #10653 of 18427
Thread Starter 
-deleted double post
post #10654 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

Don't know about the buttons, I have used mine so much they are shiny. 

 

So have you plugged it back into your computer and gotten rid of any file on the DX50? 

I plugged it into the computer and it was still hanging at the Ibasso screen but the storage mounted and I was able to delete the system folders and it instantly started working again :confused_face_2:. Not complaining though

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Did you follow the installation to the letter including to factory reset the player after the firmware update?

 

Yes

post #10655 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredudu View Post
I plugged it into the computer and it was still hanging at the Ibasso screen but the storage mounted and I was able to delete the system folders and it instantly started working again :confused_face_2:. Not complaining though.

Great. I always check it on the computer after a FW update and delete the folder. 

post #10656 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredudu View Post

I plugged it into the computer and it was still hanging at the Ibasso screen but the storage mounted and I was able to delete the system folders and it instantly started working again confused_face_2.gif . Not complaining though


Yes

System folders? What was on your DX50 internal
Memory? Did you connect to a Mac by any chance?
post #10657 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

Great. I always check it on the computer after a FW update and delete the folder. 

I actually did after installing the update, which is why I did not think it would be the problem.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


System folders? What was on your DX50 internal
Memory? Did you connect to a Mac by any chance?

.audio_data and .album_img. Never been connected to anything other than Windows 7.

post #10658 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 


It's not only DSD but pretty much all kinds. For the first time, I unplugged my amp.

yeah...me too i'm listening without amp.

post #10659 of 18427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredudu View Post

I actually did after installing the update, which is why I did not think it would be the problem.

.audio_data and .album_img. Never been connected to anything other than Windows 7.

Here is what I would suggest. I had similar issues due to some prior tag data library sitting in the internal and my external microSD card.

Delete the .audio_data and .album_img folders on your internal and external microSD card. When done, shut the player down. Unplug the microSD card and keep it on the side.

Start the DX50 again, click on browse files, don't select scan yet.

Pop the microSD card in then select scan. It'll take a while just watch the progress bar. When done you should be all set.
post #10660 of 18427
The immediate effect of 1.2.8 for me is the instrument separation has become so much farther. It feels like the band used to play in a medium size stage, all of a sudden they have to move to a stadium and scattered all around. The soundstage also gotten a lot deeper. The highs appears to have smoothen a bit, bass details and impact/slam is comparable to 1.2.5.
post #10661 of 18427
Bought my DX50 only 3 weeks ago, and until today agonised over the firmware, jumping between 1.2.5 to 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 finding it difficult to settle on one in particular. Just installed 1.2.8 and it's sending shivers down my spine. So transparent, spacious and tight. Listening unamped through my RHA MA750 iems. Blown away by the change!
post #10662 of 18427

Yea, they have been holding out on us. lol We just got a whole new machine! 

post #10663 of 18427

This is definitely the most natural sounding firmware version yet.  Hopefully, iBasso (or Rockchip - whoever is responsible for the constant sound changes) have figured out the issue. 

 

If the problem was caused by using "daily builds" of the libavec codec (as some have speculated) rather than a finalized build, then this is the sound we should have been hearing all along. 

post #10664 of 18427

Nice..nice news earlay at the mornin!

 

jj69: i think there are noone who cares sound change at ibasso..

 

as it was said long time ago at this thread they use free libs for sound decoding...and any change in libs goin into new firmware

  •  
post #10665 of 18427

Downloading and I am excited to hear 1.2.8. I am on the road and the DX50 is at home so it will be later tonight.

 

If they really fixed the codecs issue - it sounds like they did - this could be very good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016