or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 697

post #10441 of 18427

Guys I'm really getting angry with my DX50. I've recently purchased a sdxc of 64gb class 10 by Samsung because it was a good used like-new deal. 

Now I've charged around 30Gb of music on my sd but only few tracks can be played by DAP. 


Viewing albums mode, artist mode etc cause DX50 crash. The only way to scroll musics is through folders wiew and also in this mode I had some crash.

 

Actually only few tracks (working on main memory) are working on sd cards. With the most the player crash.

 

I've tried to reduce the tags information to only artist, track name, data, genre, but the problem persist. 

 

I'm really disappointed and I think I'll sold this sd in order to buy maybe other brand like sandisk (hoping this helps)...

post #10442 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


Word size (number of bits per word) has no effect on sound quality. None whatsoever. Word size is the dynamic range, that is the decibel range between minimum and maximum volume of a recording. 16 bits spans 96 dB of volume. This can be any 96 dB range, not necessarily 0 dB to 96 dB. 24 bits spans a 144 dB range, again any 144 dB range.

Read this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-2-7/8280#post_10051413

Real life example from my living room, measured with an Android decibel meter. I live in a quiet coul de sac, no direct neighbors.;)

"Absolute silence", Music off: Background noise from wind outside, ticking clock etc.: 20-30dB

Bi amped Stereo speakers (2x140W max per speaker), cranked up to maximum of enjoyability. Metallica playing: 92dB max.

 

So 62-72dB dynamic range is more than enough here, which is covered perfectly fine by the 16 bit CDDA standard.

post #10443 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitchen View Post
 

Guys I'm really getting angry with my DX50. I've recently purchased a sdxc of 64gb class 10 by Samsung because it was a good used like-new deal. 

Now I've charged around 30Gb of music on my sd but only few tracks can be played by DAP. 


Viewing albums mode, artist mode etc cause DX50 crash. The only way to scroll musics is through folders wiew and also in this mode I had some crash.

 

Actually only few tracks (working on main memory) are working on sd cards. With the most the player crash.

 

I've tried to reduce the tags information to only artist, track name, data, genre, but the problem persist. 

 

I'm really disappointed and I think I'll sold this sd in order to buy maybe other brand like sandisk (hoping this helps)...

try multiple brand class 10 what is UHS-I what was the transfer rate?

i am using transcend microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I 300x with no problem at all.

did you format the sd card properly? try reformatting make sure its done in Fat32 or exFat according to the manual it supports both. 

i assume you patched the player to version 1.2.7

post #10444 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitchen View Post

Guys I'm really getting angry with my DX50. I've recently purchased a sdxc of 64gb class 10 by Samsung because it was a good used like-new deal. 


Now I've charged around 30Gb of music on my sd but only few tracks can be played by DAP. 




Viewing albums mode, artist mode etc cause DX50 crash. The only way to scroll musics is through folders wiew and also in this mode I had some crash.


 


Actually only few tracks (working on main memory) are working on sd cards. With the most the player crash.


 


I've tried to reduce the tags information to only artist, track name, data, genre, but the problem persist. 


 


I'm really disappointed and I think I'll sold this sd in order to buy maybe other brand like sandisk (hoping this helps)...

 



This is probably a stupid question but did you format it in FAT32 before you put music on it? Apparently, EXFAT doesn't work with the DX50. Windows 7 and 8 won't natively format 64GB into FAT32, you will have to use a 3rd party formatting tool. My 64GB card works fine.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!
-HK sends

*UPDATE* At least I heard that EXFAT wasn't working...
Edited by HK_sends - 1/22/14 at 12:52pm
post #10445 of 18427

Replying to both:

 

the card is actually formatted in exFat and is a UHS-I (average 10Mb/s while trasferring from onother external HD).

 

I'll try reformatting the sd.

 

Thank you

post #10446 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

*UPDATE* At least I heard that EXFAT wasn't working...

You heard wrong.
post #10447 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitchen View Post
 

Guys I'm really getting angry with my DX50. I've recently purchased a sdxc of 64gb class 10 by Samsung because it was a good used like-new deal. 

 

Now I've charged around 30Gb of music on my sd but only few tracks can be played by DAP. 

 



Viewing albums mode, artist mode etc cause DX50 crash. The only way to scroll musics is through folders wiew and also in this mode I had some crash.

 

 

 

Actually only few tracks (working on main memory) are working on sd cards. With the most the player crash.

 

 

 

I've tried to reduce the tags information to only artist, track name, data, genre, but the problem persist. 

 

 

 

I'm really disappointed and I think I'll sold this sd in order to buy maybe other brand like sandisk (hoping this helps)...

 



This is probably a stupid question but did you format it in FAT32 before you put music on it? Apparently, EXFAT doesn't work with the DX50. Windows 7 and 8 won't natively format 64GB into FAT32, you will have to use a 3rd party formatting tool. My 64GB card works fine.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!
-HK sends

*UPDATE* At least I heard that EXFAT wasn't working...

I am using 128GB Sandisk formated exfat, full of FLAC and ALAC and DX50 play all my files without problems. Firmware is 1.2.7 and tags are editet with mp3tag, keeping only artist, album, title, genre and embeeded albumart in jpg format and not bigger than 100kb with pixelsize not bigger than 700x700 pix (most is 500x500pix). My dx did not crashed yet.

post #10448 of 18427

mine haven't crashed either but 128gb? u use a micro sd to Sd adapter?

i am also looking for a adapter preferable with a black cable.

i am starting to worry i jumped the boat too soon.:D dx90 comming and x5. wonder how the dx50 compare to them. just have to wait. :popcorn: 

post #10449 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by serafko View Post

I am using 128GB Sandisk formated exfat, full of FLAC and ALAC and DX50 play all my files without problems. Firmware is 1.2.7 and tags are editet with mp3tag, keeping only artist, album, title, genre and embeeded albumart in jpg format and not bigger than 100kb with pixelsize not bigger than 700x700 pix (most is 500x500pix). My dx did not crashed yet.

Same here but I'm only using 32gig sandisk sd card as my main card. I have 3pcs 64gig but I'm only them via OTG with meenova. 95% flacs and 5% 320. All album arts at 500x500. Currently running at 1.2.7fw. Never crashed ever since I got it(1.2.5fw).
post #10450 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post
 
 

*UPDATE* At least I heard that EXFAT wasn't working...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


You heard wrong.

 

Yep, ExFat doesn't work on DX100, it does work on DX50 (though I format all my cards in FAT32 anyway, so I can use them with both players)

post #10451 of 18427

I am using 64GB class 10 Samsung ExFat format, 100% ALAC files and DX50 play all without problems. Firmware is 1.2.7 and tags are editet with iTunes (Mac mini w/OSX Maverick). Never crashed ever since I got it.


Edited by unkle - 1/22/14 at 2:53pm
post #10452 of 18427
Several SanDisk 64GB cards in exFat with hires flac. No crash after 3 weeks of use
post #10453 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


Word size (number of bits per word) has no effect on sound quality. None whatsoever. Word size is the dynamic range, that is the decibel range between minimum and maximum volume of a recording. 16 bits spans 96 dB of volume. This can be any 96 dB range, not necessarily 0 dB to 96 dB. 24 bits spans a 144 dB range, again any 144 dB range.

Read this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-2-7/8280#post_10051413


I wasn't talking about specifically 16 bit to 24 bit.  All my 24bit files are 96KHz sample rate.

post #10454 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post

I wasn't talking about specifically 16 bit to 24 bit.  All my 24bit files are 96KHz sample rate.

Just saying that it's impossible for you to hear a difference between, say, 16/44.1 and 24/44.1 except under conditions that will cause permanent damage to your hearing in about five seconds.
post #10455 of 18427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


Just saying that it's impossible for you to hear a difference between, say, 16/44.1 and 24/44.1 except under conditions that will cause permanent damage to your hearing in about five seconds.


Yeah, I wasn't implying that at all

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016