or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016 - Page 668

post #10006 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post



Go green!

What amp is that?

And is that the silicon case from ibasso? Wasnt aware they had color options
post #10007 of 18426
Also anyone know a good seller for samsung battery for the US? There r so many options ranging from 8 to 40 dollars and theyre all 2100mah. I dont know much bout what the diff is so yah frown.gif any tips?
post #10008 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post


What amp is that?

And is that the silicon case from ibasso? Wasnt aware they had color options

amp is Fiio E12DIY in gold

 

I bought from Jaben Hong Kong. 60HKD a pop. 

 

Yup, I am a bit color uncoordinated...

post #10009 of 18426
Very cool! Haha. Are they dust magnets though?
post #10010 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Very cool! Haha. Are they dust magnets though?

Not sure, just starting to use today.. but if people keep putting out DAP every two months, I cannot guarantee that it will be sitting in the corner of my room collecting dust. :p

post #10011 of 18426
Yaa... I know that feel... I kinda wanna sell some stuff and jump on the hdp r10 since the price seems so nice...

Tell us how those cases are tho wink.gif
post #10012 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Also anyone know a good seller for samsung battery for the US? There r so many options ranging from 8 to 40 dollars and theyre all 2100mah. I dont know much bout what the diff is so yah frown.gif any tips?

http://mugenpowerbatteries.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3/mugen-power-2300mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-s3.html

 

Good quality cells, their batteries get some good reviews around the web.  Plus 2300mah.  I'm trying not to order it....

post #10013 of 18426

Since we're on battery. Can someone explain how to remove the battery cover on the dx50 and what is the default battery brand and size built in?

 

NVM googled it


Edited by Ishera - 1/8/14 at 10:05pm
post #10014 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Very cool! Haha. Are they dust magnets though?

yes it is LOL.

got mine at jaben HK too,the black one.easily to attract dust and a bit struggle to insert in/out to ur jeans pocket..

post #10015 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightmyass View Post. What i lose exactly in case of using high impedance headphones with DX50?

 

I think, nothing.

 

I'm very happy using DX50 with my 300 Ohm Sennheiser HD-580.

Moreover, most likely you won't hear hiss, because high impedance headphones aren't over sensitive (opposite to many IEMs).

post #10016 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

Much better now after the balance mod with upgrade DHC OCC cable. The SS is no longer laid back and notes have fuller body.  there are only so much you can stretch limited by the driver used and price..Apparently, it is not hard to mod balance without the need to hardwire. I enjoy it with HM901 a lot.

With the risk of going i little offtopic. Did you say someting about balancing the HP50s?

 

I auditioned the HP50s a couple of months ago, and while i do remember that they had jack-connectors in both sides, i just assumed that you could use either of the cups to connect your cable to. How exactly did you manage to balance them?

post #10017 of 18426

Hi,btw is the 1.2.7 firmware fixes the playlist issue (if might be addressed as an issue)?

That is if I saved a playlist, then I turned off my dx50, plugged out the SD card, copy some musics to SD thru PC and insert back my SD card to DX50, I found that my saved playlist is removed :(

post #10018 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishera View Post

Since we're on battery. Can someone explain how to remove the battery cover on the dx50 and what is the default battery brand and size built in?

NVM googled it

You just slide the back cover but it is fairly firm so some force is required
post #10019 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappo View Post
 

With the risk of going i little offtopic. Did you say someting about balancing the HP50s?

 

I auditioned the HP50s a couple of months ago, and while i do remember that they had jack-connectors in both sides, i just assumed that you could use either of the cups to connect your cable to. How exactly did you manage to balance them?

Yes, thats a good design and I got it made at the shop. So instead of  having stereo signal going to either side, he made me a Y-shaped connector that connects to both sides in mono. The end is terminated with 6 pin hirose. He used a red tape to indicate the right channel. If I put it in the wrong cup, there is no sound. In order to stay on topic, this cable will immediately let you listen to the balance end of ibasso balance amp!

 

 

 

Then if I wish to connect to single ended amp or hifiman balance DAP, I just use one of these adapters:

 

 

Going balance on these cans will give you immediate SQ improvement, but as I said you can only stretch so much because the driver is not high end.

 

I am sorry I cannot go into too much technical detail as my mind goes blank when my DIY friend talks about what he will do...

 

also, terribly sorry for being off topic...

post #10020 of 18426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

Much better now after the balance mod with upgrade DHC OCC cable. The SS is no longer laid back and notes have fuller body.  there are only so much you can stretch limited by the driver used and price..Apparently, it is not hard to mod balance without the need to hardwire. I enjoy it with HM901 a lot.

 

The photo was mainly for showing off my newly purchased green case. I think it will help us to get through custom easier as it is just so friendly!

Oh, I see. Nicely modded, and I hope it brings you lots of joy, considering you went the extra mile to even have them modded:) (Or more so, a cabling job)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.4 - January 24, 2016