Wow, made the jump from v1.1.6 to v1.2.2 and all I can say is wow! The sound quality increase is huge using my NT6 Pro and my LCD2.2 on the headphone out. It is even larger on the line out using my BH2 amp. I don't know how it is possible as it sounds crazy, but all my previous sound quality criticisms are now gone. However, I have to admit that I made a couple recent changes that my also effect sound quality that I have to sort out including adding an upgraded S3 battery yesterday per Rudi's advice and receiving a new LCD cable this week.
For what it is worth, initial v1.2.2 sound impressions:
- The sound is definitely wider and less constricted with obviously more space
- The bass has gone from flat and lifeless to now having a fuller, more lifelike 3D texturing
- The mid-range has sweetened, come forward, and sounds more detailed and lifelike
- The sound no longer falls apart at lower volumes
- There is an added dimension to the sound where I am hearing things differently in a good way, hearing new elements previously missed
- The sound is more euphoric and musical
Feel free to write these impressions off as unlikely or too enthusiastic, but this is what I am hearing today. For the first time since I got this 3rd batch player, I am really excited about it. Maybe it just finally finished burning in.
Edited by Barra - 10/24/13 at 12:43am