or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 - Page 933

post #13981 of 17732

If you have CMW 1.0, I think you have installed the stock recovery.  Now put in the update .dmg and try to update.  

post #13982 of 17732

 

Is this what you see?  If so, just do the update now.

post #13983 of 17732

Yup that is what i see right now... so i have to click "reboot system now"? 

then, it will go back to the mango and RB... and i click the mango and TRY to system update via DX50 this will happen.

 

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrcv12&s=8#.U7RNNPmSxqU

post #13984 of 17732
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

Looks like a good fit. 

post #13985 of 17732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalsound17 View Post
 

Yup that is what i see right now... so i have to click "reboot system now"? 

then, it will go back to the mango and RB... and i click the mango and TRY to system update via DX50 this will happen.

 

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrcv12&s=8#.U7RNNPmSxqU

Well, after you get the screen, let it reboot.  After it does, put the 1.5.0 Update.img in your device where all the RB stuff is (I deleted the RB stuff at this point) and then reboot again.  NOW, when it asks you those 3 things, click on Update.  If it won't, put the update on a clean (empty) SD card and plug that in, reboot, and then choose it.  

post #13986 of 17732
Quote:
Originally Posted by AladdinSane View Post
 

Looks like a good fit. 

I carry it when I walk, in a small pouch attached to my belt, it's not all that much heavier than the DX50 alone.  3M Dual Lock holds it together, the thin version.  

post #13987 of 17732

Okay... i'l try the update on the clean sdCard... thank you so much sir for the advise...il notify you what happens..

post #13988 of 17732

Dear audiophiles, I wanna to introduce to you DX50 Sound Unlocked v1.1 firmware :)

 

DX50 that you might not have heard yet. Really :) Clear detailed sound.

 

Technical details:
This firmware fully based on original 1.5.0 (Thanks, iBasso guys!).

Changes:

- removed android lib/soundfx
- used different configs for MangoPlayer(lossy/lossless) to prevent degrading sound quality for lossless formats because of using FFMPEG/EQ
- used HIGH irr bandwidth for WM8740 (can be switched)

 

More info - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked

Direct download link - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked/raw/master/releases/dx50_sound_unlocked_1.1.0.7z

post #13989 of 17732
Sorry to disrupt but what's the function of digital filters that I see in the settings after updating firmware to 1.5.0? I get two options:shape rolloff and slow rolloff. What exactly do they do? Can't seem to hear any difference...
post #13990 of 17732
You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Woo Cho View Post

Sorry to disrupt but what's the function of digital filters that I see in the settings after updating firmware to 1.5.0? I get two options:shape rolloff and slow rolloff. What exactly do they do? Can't seem to hear any difference...
You should try reading up on it by yourself... It's really hard to explain IMO. You could get a better understanding that way. I'd recommend searching the DX90 thread since there's quite a bit of discussion about this setting over there. Basically different digital filters affect pre-ringing, group delay and ultrasonic artifacts (above 20khz). At least that's what I understood after reading up on them. I don't hear a difference between the two options of the DX50 though.
post #13991 of 17732
Quote:
Originally Posted by medmitry View Post
 

Dear audiophiles, I wanna to introduce to you DX50 Sound Unlocked v1.1 firmware :)

 

DX50 that you might not have heard yet. Really :) Clear detailed sound.

 

Technical details:
This firmware fully based on original 1.5.0 (Thanks, iBasso guys!).

Changes:

- removed android lib/soundfx
- used different configs for MangoPlayer(lossy/lossless) to prevent degrading sound quality for lossless formats because of using FFMPEG/EQ
- used HIGH irr bandwidth for WM8740 (can be switched)

 

More info - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked

Direct download link - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked/raw/master/releases/dx50_sound_unlocked_1.1.0.7z


Has anyone tried this yet?

post #13992 of 17732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack08 View Post


Has anyone tried this yet?
Quote:
First boot

On first boot you should see "Formats" screen with two options:

All formats
FLAC/APE/DSD only (without mp3, EQ, gappless)
Firmware already has a clear detailed sound but when you choose only losless formats a soundstage would be a little bit better.

On the next boot your last choice would be used automatically.

"Formats" screen

You can activate the "Formats" screen again using "Hold" switch. Set the "Hold" switch to ON and reboot a player.


nope..im still runing mega sound explosion v2..looks like you need to select a file format when you turn on your DX50..ill pass..
post #13993 of 17732

got the DAC function working. F8 thing really helps, you just have to start mashing on it after the bios message (people with asus motherboards especially) to get to the menu and it is just very easy after that. I'm prepared to do just that on every startup, if that means I can have immediate access to my music library in a best sounding way possible.

 

also, every bit/sample rate works. I'm listening to 24/192 now... wonder why sme people got that 16/48 thingy... I don't know, maybe it is downsampling, but as long as it plays everything, I don't really care....

post #13994 of 17732

Are there any stock-based firmwares that will allow me to manually boost the bass a decent amount? The EQ on the stock firmware just doesn't do much/isn't boosting enough for me. I do have Rockbox installed and I love the bass boost on that, but Rockbox (while very good) has it's quirks, and I would like to maybe see if I can get what I am looking for with the stock firmware.

post #13995 of 17732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76 View Post
 

Are there any stock-based firmwares that will allow me to manually boost the bass a decent amount? The EQ on the stock firmware just doesn't do much/isn't boosting enough for me. I do have Rockbox installed and I love the bass boost on that, but Rockbox (while very good) has it's quirks, and I would like to maybe see if I can get what I am looking for with the stock firmware.

 

Seems like you should possibly invest in a different pair of headphones that provide extra bass out of the box.  The ones I do have too much bass for my likings so I use the EQ to decrease the bass.  I can also add bass on top of my already bass heavy headphones using the EQ, which definitely makes it overwhelming.  Not sure how much bass you are wanting to have, and how much bass your current headphones are providing you by default.  If the headphones already have a very low bass response, then I could see the EQ possibly not being able to boost it to satisfactory levels.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015