I've just received my iBasso DX50 in the mail today and my first impression overall is that htis is a fantastic DAP all-round.
I do have some questions though and if anyone is able clarify fro me that would be fantastic!
1) I find that when pausing songs it can take a while to pause however when pressing play again its almost instantaneous, is there a fix for this or is this a known issue?
2) I was confused when I was able to plug my SE215s into both the Phone out and Line Out ports and still received a signal and was able to listen through both. Am I correct in thinking that line out would be for something like connecting to my FiiO E07k and phone out would be directly for headphones?
3) There are two ways to browse music in the DX50, via the directory and through album/artist/etc, however when browsing in Directory, the songs are organised Alphabetically and not in their track order like they are when browsing by Artist. Is there anything that can be done about this?
4) I'm also having issues with gapless playback, it is currently set to "off" however there is still a fade-in and fade-out when the song changes, I have no idea why this is happening, anyone else?
Again, these are all MINOR grievances that can likely all be fixed with firmware updates. But if they can be fixed sooner, I'd be over the moon!
Thanks in advance
1. This is how the hardware buttons work for DX50. There is a lag and the response time is not always consistent. It's annoying at first but you'll get use to it. I doubt this can be fixed by software. It appears the internal processor, hardware interface is the limiting factor here.
2. Correct phone out to headphone, line out to external amp.
3. I'll let someone else respond to this. I only browse exclusively by Artist/Album.
4. This is the hottest topic right now and one of the last remaining major bug for me (although some people still have freezing issues). Ibasso is working to fix it.
Picking up from 3 and 4, and correcting n°2 a little:
2) The Line out also works for sensitive iem's instead of just an external amp. Most people use it because it's cleaner than the headphone out (though it requieres a little more volume, since you're bypassing the gain stage).
3) I use Directory mainly and it might be an issue with your tags. I re-tagged my entire library due to some issues with some albums on 1.2.2, and i have no issues with playback in Directory Browsing. Might also work if you rename your songs to "01-xxxx; 02-xxxx" and so on. If you're not having issues with Album/Artist browsing, i'd suggest you stick with that.
4) It's perfectly normal with the 1.2.6 firmware (in Gapless mode Off, it reduces the cross-fading to about 1 or 2 seconds). Most of us are just waiting on the next firmware, since iBasso claimed that they'd fix it back to the way it worked on 1.2.5, or even better (maybe, who knows).
Hope that helps.