IEMs plugged into the phone out in my DX50 make cracking noises (among other strange symptoms) when the player is being shaken
This makes it impossible to listen to my DX while walking. When carried in the back-pocket of my trousers the DX50 hits my bottom with every step which causes the following symptoms :
- cracking in the left, right or both channels,
- one or both channels are temporarily muted,
- volume in one or both channels is temporarily increased,
- one or both channels are permanently muted.
All of these symptoms occur both separately and combined.
The problem remains the same:
- for firmware versions: 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.5 (these are all I've given a try),
- on a variety of headsets: W4R, ER6i, CAL!,
- on files with different extensions: .ape, .flac, .mp3.
All files were played exclusively from the internal memory.
Does anyone have any clue what could be the cause and what could be done about it?
Are the symptoms described above typical for every DX50?
(Incidentally I'll just add that when the DX is lying undisturbed on my desk it sounds better than amazing
And paired with W4R it is an absolute eargasm! :3)Edited by paulus germanus - 12/7/13 at 9:42am