Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 - Page 621

post #9301 of 15840
This should be welcome news for those planning to upgrade to the new v.1.2.7 firmware:


Changes.
1, rectify the gapless function;
2, an improved EQ function;
3, user replaceable wallpaper. Wallpaper can be replaced by adding a 320*240 pixel wallpaper.png into the DX50's root folder.


PS: the sleep timer has also been fixed.
post #9302 of 15840
What about crossfade!?
post #9303 of 15840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tak- View Post

What about crossfade!?

Can't have both worlds frown.gif if they are not giving the choice through option menu you can pretty much conclude it's a goner.
post #9304 of 15840
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Can't have both worlds frown.gif if they are not giving the choice through option menu you can pretty much conclude it's a goner.
I think the crossfade problem mainly due to the gapless function.
post #9305 of 15840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin427 View Post

I think the crossfade problem mainly due to the gapless function.

It's a programmable feature so someone might have been a little exotic and tried to get rid off the timing feature of the gapless but ended up giving a crossfade instead. To me it's complete feature control left to the implementer, hence why they could, if they wanted, give us the option through a menu selection. If I am wrong, please iBasso let me know.
post #9306 of 15840

Let's put this in perspective. Crossfade can be fun but it is a boondoggle - like the user changeable wallpaper. Gapless is basic to the functioning of a Digital Audio Player. 

 

Bring on 1.2.7 iBasso! Very excited.

post #9307 of 15840
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Crossfade you mean? Or do you have gapless set to "closed"?
Nope, set on 5 sec. I was thinking the only thing that I have listened to was some classical recordings. I tried playing a rock album and gapless is gone.mad.gif I will be waiting for the next fw update with baited breath.

Cheers,
Shawn
post #9308 of 15840
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

This should be welcome news for those planning to upgrade to the new v.1.2.7 firmware:


Changes.
1, rectify the gapless function;
2, an improved EQ function;
3, user replaceable wallpaper. Wallpaper can be replaced by adding a 320*240 pixel wallpaper.png into the DX50's root folder.


PS: the sleep timer has also been fixed.
YES! Custom wallpapers! They listened! Hahaha

Can't wait! biggrin.gif
post #9309 of 15840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Let's put this in perspective. Crossfade can be fun but it is a boondoggle - like the user changeable wallpaper. Gapless is basic to the functioning of a Digital Audio Player. 

Bring on 1.2.7 iBasso! Very excited.

I am not hung on the crossfade tbh, I have been using gapless since my Apple days so, it's second nature and never had to think about it but really let's not be greedy here and allow people who likes the fade to be user selectable, then it's a win win situation. I like things that have a twist sometimes, it's nice not to always follow the herd and get something special once in a while. wink.gif
post #9310 of 15840
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


YES! Custom wallpapers! They listened! Hahaha

Can't wait! biggrin.gif

 

Yes, despite my boondoggles comment (which is true), it is a fine addition. I am going to have some fun with wallpapers. I might even make a Rockbox theme - the next best thing to being actually able to Rockbox the DX50.  :biggrin:

post #9311 of 15840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

This should be welcome news for those planning to upgrade to the new v.1.2.7 firmware:


Changes.
1, rectify the gapless function;
2, an improved EQ function;
3, user replaceable wallpaper. Wallpaper can be replaced by adding a 320*240 pixel wallpaper.png into the DX50's root folder.

That sounds marvelous specially the user configurable wallpaper. gs1000.gif
Quote:
PS: the sleep timer has also been fixed.

I'll believe it when I'll hear it biggrin.gif

Now if they could give us the "remember where I was when I shutdown or auto power off" that would crown the update. That would be useful for people like me listening to hours of music mixes. beerchug.gif

Exciting time, I wish my electronics supplier would be as responsive as iBasso. Common now where is the update? confused.gif
post #9312 of 15840

Just wish the next update does not take away existing function as tradeoff for ... replaceable wallpaper.

post #9313 of 15840
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Just wish the next update does not take away existing function as tradeoff for ... replaceable wallpaper.

If that was the case, you are talking about a massive upheaval, the size of the old Roman Empire lmao biggrin.gif
post #9314 of 15840

I've found 1.2.7 here: http://ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.2.7.zip

 

Everything works well.

post #9315 of 15840
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

This should be welcome news for those planning to upgrade to the new v.1.2.7 firmware:


Changes.
1, rectify the gapless function;
2, an improved EQ function;
3, user replaceable wallpaper. Wallpaper can be replaced by adding a 320*240 pixel wallpaper.png into the DX50's root folder.


PS: the sleep timer has also been fixed.

Hmm... I wonder what do they mean by "an improved EQ function". Maybe the sound won't muddy up anymore after activating the EQ? I really hope that's the case, and that they changed each step of the slider to 1dB, not one step of the volume control.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0