I've had issues with m3u playlist importing with the latest firmware (1.6.0) and was happy with the working function in sound_unlocked 1.3.3, but they removed it with 1.4.0. So I e-mailed ibasso about it and they gave me some suggestions to help. It worked, but I had to figure a few things out to get it work flawlessly. If you make playlists in Foobar save them as .m3u (not .m3u8) in the root of the SD Card (obviously the relative path should point to the files) and then I did this:
to the start of each line.
So each line should look like:
You can do this quickly in Notepad++ by holding down Alt+Shift and drag your mouse down the beginning of each line in the playlist and just paste that in. You will also have to convert any backslashes (\) to forward slashes (/) with Ctrl-H (find & replace). After that I would go to the "Encoding" menu in N++ and make sure the playlist is UTF-8 (or UTF-8 without BOM) if you have music files that need it (like Japanese kana). Save to the root of the SD Card and browse to it in the Directory menu on the DX50 and it should work. It did for me at last.
Edit: If some songs aren't showing up on playlists that you import it might be because they have not been scanned into the DX50's library. I had a few tracks not showing up and it was because they hadn't been scanned. I also found if you saved the playlists in .m3u8 you can just rename them to .m3u and they'll automatically be UTF-8 encoded by Foobar.
Edited by sf10 - Today at 3:58 pm