Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 539

post #8071 of 14150

well i tried the 1.2.3... now my dx50 wont go past the beginning loading screen where it says

 

"Ibasso Audio Digital Audio Player"

 

i can shut it off but it wont go past that... great. what do i do now

post #8072 of 14150
Quote:
Originally Posted by geagle View Post
 

Yes they do… the first page isn't updated:wink_face: (it still mentions fw 1.2.2 as the latest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

My review has all of the firmwares right now. The first post isn't up to date at all.

 

Yes. That is my very point ;)

post #8073 of 14150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

well i tried the 1.2.3... now my dx50 wont go past the beginning loading screen where it says

"Ibasso Audio Digital Audio Player"

i can shut it off but it wont go past that... great. what do i do now
Had the same repeated issue with the beta sadly, had to go into recovery mode - press and hold volume up and then quickly press and hold power button too. Keep both pressed until it resets, then I selected factory reset from the recovery menu (just selecting reboot wouldn't get me past the welcome screen). Couldn't stay on 1.2.3 for that reason.
post #8074 of 14150

1.2.3 did that for me but that is because my download was corrupt. I did it all over again and never had any real issue with the beta FW. 

post #8075 of 14150
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemical View Post

Had the same repeated issue with the beta sadly, had to go into recovery mode - press and hold volume up and then quickly press and hold power button too. Keep both pressed until it resets, then I selected factory reset from the recovery menu (just selecting reboot wouldn't get me past the welcome screen). Couldn't stay on 1.2.3 for that reason.

Gotcha thanks a lot
post #8076 of 14150
So 1.2.3 is def better to me sonically... But bass extension is prrtty unsatisfying and bass sounds a bit artificial anf plasticky

Hope they have a good sounding fw soon
post #8077 of 14150
I'm enjoying playing with my new DX50 so far... I'm on 1.25 and have had a good experience with the UI so far, so the bugs seem to have been mainly ironed out. The only issue was that only half of my album artwork seems to have come across from my iTunes copy.. Amy thoughts?

I'd also like to try a better set of IEMs than my Klipsch S4as. I'm looking at the Ultimate Ears TF10. Is this a good combination? Does anybody have a better suggestion for a great IEM pairing ? Budget is about 300 USD max. thanks!
post #8078 of 14150
Quote:
Originally Posted by warth0g View Post

I'm enjoying playing with my new DX50 so far... I'm on 1.25 and have had a good experience with the UI so far, so the bugs seem to have been mainly ironed out. The only issue was that only half of my album artwork seems to have come across from my iTunes copy.. Amy thoughts?

I'd also like to try a better set of IEMs than my Klipsch S4as. I'm looking at the Ultimate Ears TF10. Is this a good combination? Does anybody have a better suggestion for a great IEM pairing ? Budget is about 300 USD max. thanks!

I suggest UE900.. with iBasso DX50 they are stunning. I had also the TF and the combo was good but not great as with UE900.

post #8079 of 14150
I just ordered a dx50 from ibasso. Hopefully I am in the 11th batch which should ship on the tenth.

A quick question how is the digital volume implemented? Will the playback be bit perfect at all volumes?
post #8080 of 14150

Digital volume controls work by shifting the bits to the right; that is, toward the noise floor.

 

Eventually one loses bits as they drop off, starting with the last, least-significant bit. 

post #8081 of 14150
Okay so you are saying that the dx50 is not bit perfect through the ho or lo unless the volume is maxed out?
post #8082 of 14150
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulus germanus View Post

IEMs plugged into the phone out in my DX50 make cracking noises (among other strange symptoms) when the player is being shaken frown.gif
This makes it impossible to listen to my DX while walking. When carried in the back-pocket of my trousers the DX50 hits my bottom with every step which causes the following symptoms :
- cracking in the left, right or both channels,
- one or both channels are temporarily muted,
- volume in one or both channels is temporarily increased,
- one or both channels are permanently muted.

All of these symptoms occur both separately and combined.

The problem remains the same:
- for firmware versions: 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.5 (these are all I've given a try),
- on a variety of headsets: W4R, ER6i, CAL!,
- on files with different extensions: .ape, .flac, .mp3.
All files were played exclusively from the internal memory.
 
Does anyone have any clue what could be the cause and what could be done about it? frown.gif
Are the symptoms described above typical for every DX50?

(Incidentally I'll just add that when the DX is lying undisturbed on my desk it sounds better than amazing biggrin.gif And paired with W4R it is an absolute eargasm! :3)

I suspect you need to check the spring loaded pin is making good contact with your battery cover.

post #8083 of 14150
I just sent ibasso an email regarding bit perfect at less than full volume. I will post the response.
post #8084 of 14150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy2 View Post

I suspect you need to check the spring loaded pin is making good contact with your battery cover.

You're right. Maybe the ground is not working properly
post #8085 of 14150

For fun, I hooked my DX50 up to my Mjolnir/LCD2 to see what it could do and all I can say is wow! I wasn't expecting it to sound this good after reading others say that it didn't do well LO to full sized setups. But it sounded fantastic. It has a slightly different presentation than the PWDmkII DAC the Mjolnir was previously hooked up to, but sounded just as audiophile even with a different signature. I guess it shows what this little DAP can do with the right amp pairing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0