Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 536

post #8026 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon parker View Post

I guess we are a little unique here in that the marriage of the DX50 with the headphone of our choice will most likely be quite specific & wide ranging for everyone. For my Grado GR10's / ears the v1.2.3 sounds perfect where as v1.2.5 sounds fairly lifeless...in comparisson which is the frustration for me! biggrin.gif  
That makes sense, actually. Grado headphones, from what I've read -- my experience is limited to "damn these things hurt and get them off my ears", tend to put you right up close with the band. Grado's intimacy combined with 1.2.5's relatively narrow soundstage can make for what I figure is a claustrophobic listening experience. My KRK's, described by fans and detractors alike as coldly analytical, make 1.2.3b's bass emphasis stand out to the detriment of the rest of the music.
post #8027 of 14968

Just got the ibasso silicon case and it fits very well.

 

ALso using dx50 with UE7 pros, klipsch x10, and grado PS500. Need an amp (zenhead) for the HD800 but it does work well.

 

On 1.2.2, see no need yet to upgrade...maybe when/if the roxannes get here??

post #8028 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


I figure it's licensing the Android trademarks and paying for whatever certifications Google requires to use those trademarks.
Japanese text displays just fine alone and mixed with Latin-1.

 

And what trademarks in particular? As an open source platform anyone can use android as an OS. Freely modify it to suit your needs. I understand if it's for a smartphone and Ibasso markets DX50 as an Android mobile device. But it's not. It's just a simple UI for playing music. If any cost goes to software on DX50 that would be on firmware and proprietary SOC drivers.

post #8029 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlz12 View Post
 

Yeah i know but, i won't read over 500 pages. It would be wonderful if someone would help describe the sonic signatures of the firmwares with a few words. 

 

I agree. This sort of information should be on the front page somewhere. lin0003 has some of his impressions on the first page, but they don't go beyond 1.2.2 atm.

post #8030 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post
 

 

I agree. This sort of information should be on the front page somewhere. lin0003 has some of his impressions on the first page, but they don't go beyond 1.2.2 atm.

Yes they do… the first page isn't updated:wink_face: (it still mentions fw 1.2.2 as the latest)

 

Have a look at the full review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-dx50-dap/reviews/9609

 

FWIW, I was on 1.2.2, skipped 1.2.3 beta, went to 1.2.5, and went back to 1.2.2, whose sound signature I quite like. Of course, and needless to say, YMMV :smile:

post #8031 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by geagle View Post
 

Yes they do… the first page isn't updated:wink_face: (it still mentions fw 1.2.2 as the latest)

 

Have a look at the full review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-dx50-dap/reviews/9609

 

FWIW, I was on 1.2.2, skipped 1.2.3 beta, went to 1.2.5, and went back to 1.2.2, whose sound signature I quite like. Of course, and needless to say, YMMV :smile:

Thanks mate, I think i am going to try the 1.2.3 since i use these mostly on the go. The extra bass would give a needed kick to spice things up.

 

BTW anyone has a link besides the ibasso one? Its so slow


Edited by wlz12 - 12/7/13 at 2:07am
post #8032 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post

I agree. This sort of information should be on the front page somewhere. lin0003 has some of his impressions on the first page, but they don't go beyond 1.2.2 atm.
My review has all of the firmwares right now. The first post isn't up to date at all.
post #8033 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post


My review has all of the firmwares right now. The first post isn't up to date at all.

The OP has abandoned ships, haha. If I remember correctly, he sold his DX50, and hence, this thread does not have updated titles, etc.

post #8034 of 14968
Hello all ,
After reading several reviews it sounds like 1.2.3 firmware has the best sound? If this is true can you reload the older version? I have my 11 the batch on order. I wonder if there will be another update included?


Regards
Jeff
post #8035 of 14968

I have a couple question for you guys that have had the player a while. Have you gotten gapless playback working? And also is there any way to get album art to look decent?

post #8036 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredudu View Post

I have a couple question for you guys that have had the player a while. Have you gotten gapless playback working? And also is there any way to get album art to look decent?

Gapless works fine after recent firmware updates and artwork looks better if you use smaller image sizes. The larger or high-resolution image makes it look grainy on the small DX 50 screen
post #8037 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


Gapless works fine after recent firmware updates and artwork looks better if you use smaller image sizes. The larger or high-resolution image makes it look grainy on the small DX 50 screen

 

Thanks for the info. I am using embedded 600x600, so I will try resizing. I am on firmware 1.2.5 and there is a 2 second break between each song, even with gapless on "close".

post #8038 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

And what trademarks in particular? As an open source platform anyone can use android as an OS.
Yes, but as a hardware specification, Google has requirements that the device must meet in order for the manufacturer to use the Android trademarks commercially.
post #8039 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post


That makes sense, actually. Grado headphones, from what I've read -- my experience is limited to "damn these things hurt and get them off my ears", tend to put you right up close with the band. Grado's intimacy combined with 1.2.5's relatively narrow soundstage can make for what I figure is a claustrophobic listening experience. My KRK's, described by fans and detractors alike as coldly analytical, make 1.2.3b's bass emphasis stand out to the detriment of the rest of the music.

Thanks ratinox - you've perfectly explained what i was trying to get at. I know what you mean about the Grado cans :) There is something of a 'physical head burn in'!

Im always surprised that I dont hear more about the Grado IEM's. What you mentioned about how they put you right in with the band I have found to be very true BUT I can't express enough how amazing this experience really is. Its really quite magical and unique. A few times Ive found myself bursting out laughing at the insane experience of REALLY feeling like your with the musicians. It can be quite freaky. Whole heartedly reccomended! 

post #8040 of 14968
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlz12 View Post
 

Yeah i know but, i won't read over 500 pages. It would be wonderful if someone would help describe the sonic signatures of the firmwares with a few words. 

 

I posted my thoughts here.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0