Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 515

post #7711 of 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


mate, sad to hear. what i recommend, please load FW patch update again, put in the root, do update, then reset DAP to factory settings and Then, i repeat, Then you should connect it to pc and remove FW update patch manually as recommended by iBasso. i am not sure all people did this and leaving patch undeleted can be causing problems. i do not want tell what to do and may be you did this, but if not then take a last try before throwing dx50 out.


Thanks, I'm not gonna throw it out. Like I said before I'm keeping tabs on this thread in order to know when new FW updates become available. What the heck, I'll try re-installing 1.2.5 later on tonight and see what happens. The worst that can happen is I'll be stuck with the same problems and no worse. Thanks for your concern Gintaras you're a kind person. I've interacted with a few of you ozzies in the past on here and I must commend you all for being so happy go lucky and laid back.

:beerchug: 


Edited by DigitalFreak - 12/1/13 at 1:15pm
post #7712 of 15006
Well with the issues you have had I'm not surprised you have a bit of a vendetta with ibasso, I probably would to. But before I ordered I considered the possibility of losing the money, due to ordering from a company on the otherside of the world, with no support structure in the UK. And while I haven't requested a refund, only a replacement due to a hardware fault, I personally have found their customer after care to be better than some companies closer to home *cough* carphone warehouse *cough*
But I understand not everyone has the same experiences.
As you say hopefully they will release a new firmware that solves your problems. No doubt adding a few new issues for people to discover....
post #7713 of 15006
Thanks mate, but pls not forget remove update patch manually after finish update and resetting to factory settings.
what is pity that iBasso rolled out a raw product and used its clients as guinea pigs. despite my dx50 has no issues i can see all criticism here because they could spend bit more time on testing prototype before hitting out. so lets hope FW fixes will be done and at least happy to see iBasso caring.
Edited by Gintaras - 12/1/13 at 1:13pm
post #7714 of 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 


Thanks, I'm not gonna throw it out. Like I said before I'm keeping tabs on this thread in order to know when new FW updates become available. What the heck, I'll try re-installing 1.2.5 later on tonight and see what happens. The worst that can happen is I'll be stuck with the same problems and no worse. Thanks for your concern Gintaras you're a kind person. I've interacted with a few of you ozzies in the past on here and I must commend you all for being so happy go lucky and laid back.

:beerchug: 

If I may suggest this, try reinstalling 1.2.2, instead of 1.2.5… Apart from personally liking the sound of Fw 1.2.2 better, I ALSO had less scanning problems than with 1.2.5, both in starting and shutting down… who knows, it might help your case too :)...

 

Best of luck, in any case,

 

G

post #7715 of 15006

i had sd card problems too..it took so long to scan the music files and after that it would scan again after i click to play a song..

i did what you guys said and used mp3tag for my music files and used another sd card and i have no problems now..64 gig card almost full and it scans for just about 2 mins when i turn it on..almost the same time as my 32gig ipodtouch when i turn it on..thanks guys :)

post #7716 of 15006

How extensive is the EQ on the DX50? I like to increase the sub-bass a little for my bass-light headphones, so on the DX50 can you bump up frequencies 40 and below?


Edited by qilto - 12/1/13 at 3:33pm
post #7717 of 15006

I run my DX50 day in and day out with no problems but I do delete the firmware after I have updated and do a factory reset. Cards from 128gb, using an adapter to 32gb and all formats that I have scan fine. I don't doubt some have problems as posted but I don't understand why and wish they didn't so they could enjoy the music. 

post #7718 of 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblinpie View Post
 

I received the silicone case I ordered from iBasso, and it fits perfectly, as to be expected. I'm trying to get photos, but it's very difficult to take pictures of jet black items. Even so, at the moment, while waiting for an official/licensed leather case to be available in Europe/US, the case does exactly what it needs to do. For $8, it's pretty much perfect.

 

If you haven't seen it, then there's a decent case here: http://ido.com.vn/goods-777-ibasso-dx50-leather-case.html

$30, plus $10-45 shipping, depending on your location.

post #7719 of 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by qilto View Post

How extensive is the EQ on the DX50? I like to increase the sub-bass a little for my bass-light headphones, so on the DX50 can you bump up frequencies 40 and below?
The DX50 has an 8-band EQ, of which the two left-most bands are 30 and 180 hz. So it'll be able to increase frequencies below 40 hz. However I don't really use the EQ even on my ER4S since I barely hear a difference even after raising the 30 hz band by 6 dB. I'm not sure if it's just my ears or the EQ.
post #7720 of 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I run my DX50 day in and day out with no problems but I do delete the firmware after I have updated and do a factory reset. Cards from 128gb, using an adapter to 32gb and all formats that I have scan fine. I don't doubt some have problems as posted but I don't understand why and wish they didn't so they could enjoy the music. 

 

I see that you got the SD to microSD adapter working. Great!

 

If you get some of the heavy duty 3M Dual Lock, it is thick enough to accommodate the adapter between the DX 50 and an amp for a nice rubber band free setup. 

 


Edited by cooperpwc - 12/1/13 at 5:41pm
post #7721 of 15006
Hi guys, need some feedbacks to a problem I have. Have not used my DX50 for the last 2 days due to heavy workload but gave it a full charge 2 days back. When I turn on the unit today, the battery has discharged itself down to the last bar. I find this quite unusual since I've done a shutdown after it was fully charged 2 days back. I'm still on FW 1.2.2 if this matters as I read that the battery indicator issues have been addressed. Is it normal for DX50 battery to discharge so fast with no usage as my other players could hold a charge for days. Could it a battery or hardware issue here. Thanks in advance.
post #7722 of 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

I see that you got the SD to microSD adapter working. Great!

 

If you get some of the heavy duty 3M Dual Lock, it is thick enough to accommodate the adapter between the DX 50 and an amp for a nice rubber band free setup. 

 

 

 

I also use the micro SD to SD extender and just sit in between the DX50 and amp just fine. I bought the cheapest 128GB SD card I could find. Except for the longer scanning time than my 64GB microSD of about 15-20 seconds (which is expected) I don't have any other problem. 

post #7723 of 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

I also use the micro SD to SD extender and just sit in between the DX50 and amp just fine. I bought the cheapest 128GB SD card I could find. Except for the longer scanning time than my 64GB microSD of about 15-20 seconds (which is expected) I don't have any other problem. 

 

I browse by folder so I told the DX50 not to scan after upgrading to 1.2.5 and it has complied. It still scans individual folders the first time selected but that is snappy with the newer firmware - maybe two seconds. Everything is fast.

 

Glad to hear that database scanning is fast too. The adapter just plain works.

post #7724 of 15006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

I browse by folder so I told the DX50 not to scan after upgrading to 1.2.5 and it has complied. It still scans individual folders the first time selected but that is snappy with the newer firmware - maybe two seconds. Everything is fast.

Glad to hear that database scanning is fast too. The adapter just plain works.

Yeah it works flawlessly. 20 second scan at power up doesn't bother me as I can press the play button and it will pick up the track where it left off while it scans. Now I can carry all the music I want anywhere and don't need to reshuffle things on a 64GB card once in a while
post #7725 of 15006

hey guys ive asked before but would rly like more imput... hope its ok.

 

Ive been wondering how different people have been dealing with the lack of replay gain on the DX50. I've been spoiled by apple's soundcheck which is really a GREAT replay gain program. I'm really about to jump on the DX50 but id really like at least SOME sort of replay gain.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0