Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 351

post #5251 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

I just hope the 7th batch when shipped on the 30th is already pre-loaded with the latest firmware

 

My batch 6 DX50 had 1.2.2 already installed - and 1.2.2 had just been released. So if there is a further update before they release batch 7, this likely will be pre-loaded as you hope.

post #5252 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

My batch 6 DX50 had 1.2.2 already installed - and 1.2.2 had just been released. So if there is a further update before they release batch 7, this likely will be pre-loaded as you hope.




this is great news!!
post #5253 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Rolling Stones magazine reported that Lou Reed passed away today. R.I.P. frown.gif



RIP....Worst news to start the week with...
post #5254 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post


not sure what that means.

 

It means almost no product is perfect at the moment of launch, whether that be the product, the service, or the launch itself.

post #5255 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight

The DX50 is by no means a "half-baked" product, and yes, it does sound superb with a very intuitive UI. Your loss.

+1


There is some truth on that comment. I'm not trying to start a flame war here but lets accept it. As good as DX50 maybe, the bugs that has come and gone since 1.0.0 were horrible. As an entusiast I have a high level of tolerance on bugs and annoyances but to a certain point. Thankfully, Ibasso is relentless putting out updates after another.

This is why I waited until the 7th batch/ver 1.2.0. The software part is what makes this DAP work. Putting the latest, greatest hardware is just half of the product.

I just don't want the annoyances to get in the way of enjoying music.

 

Disagree. Second batch here, from 1.00 it's worked fine for me, with some bugs here and there. nothing "horrible" or game breaking. this is all par for the course in my experience with niche electronics, including other Asian corps like iRiver, Cowon, etc..... 


Edited by austonia - 10/27/13 at 10:19pm
post #5256 of 15514
The only "barrier" I have with this player is that even when playing from file browsing mode it will try to scan the files into library... And that still has some issues with really long file names... The good thing about X3 is that it decouples the two... Like i am more of a folder/file browsing album person rather than a playlist person..
In ideal case, I should not need to worry about library scanning especially when i change sd card quite often... And that i dont need to constantly hoping the next firmware upgrade can solve my issues... In an ideal world that is...
post #5257 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by austonia View Post

Disagree. Second batch here, from 1.00 it's worked fine for me, with some bugs here and there. nothing "horrible" or game breaking. this is all par for the course in my experience with niche electronics, including other Asian corps like iRiver, Cowon, etc..... 

Lucky you, I hope I don't encounter the annoying issues others have reported.
post #5258 of 15514
Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post



The only "barrier" I have with this player is that even when playing from file browsing mode it will try to scan the files into library... And that still has some issues with really long file names... The good thing about X3 is that it decouples the two... Like i am more of a folder/file browsing album person rather than a playlist person..

In ideal case, I should not need to worry about library scanning especially when i change sd card quite often... And that i dont need to constantly hoping the next firmware upgrade can solve my issues... In an ideal world that is...



Agreed. Decoupling the two modes would be an improvement.

Overall I think that the interface is very good.


Edited by cooperpwc - 10/27/13 at 10:54pm
post #5259 of 15514

DX50 - Pico Power stack.

 

 

In a word:  Wonderful.

post #5260 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post

 

hhmmmm...i was actually thinking of this, but maybe you need to upgrade incrementally and not jump to the latest firmware. if you're up for it, move back to 1.1.6, then flash it with 1.2.0 then 1.2.2.

 



Thanks kakabayan smily_headphones1.gif will try downgrading hopefully it would not freeze at "system update" or system check.

I have downloaded 1.2.0 early this morning, I'll download 1.1.6 later.
post #5261 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

DX50 - Pico Power stack.

 

 

In a word:  Wonderful.

That looks really nice but maybe a shorter IC cable is what you need?

post #5262 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

That looks really nice but maybe a shorter IC cable is what you need?

 

Thanks. That is a ten year old Headroom issue Cardas 6" IC, one of my very first 'high end audio' purchases. (It predates my joining Head-Fi). It is now sent into pretzel duty until I can get something more appropriate. Actually it works pretty well - it has a nice low profile.

post #5263 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

Thanks. That is a ten year old Headroom issue Cardas 6" IC, one of my very first 'high end audio' purchases. (It predates my joining Head-Fi). It is now sent into pretzel duty until I can get something more appropriate. Actually it works pretty well - it has a nice low profile.

Yep, after all those bending all, it works fine apparently. I love that Pico Power. If there is one amp that will prevent me going down to the balanced setup road, it is probably the Pico Power.

post #5264 of 15514

^ It is a beauty. I will post some comparative impressions of the DX50 with the Quickstep and Pico Power down the road. I need some more listening time. There are definite differences but it is also fair to say that you cannot go wrong with either combination.

post #5265 of 15514
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

^ It is a beauty. I will post some comparative impressions of the DX50 with the Quickstep and Pico Power down the road. I need some more listening time. There are definite differences but it is also fair to say that you cannot go wrong with either combination.

I would be interested about that comparison. Also we can do a trio: Quickstep, Pico Power, AHA-120. These are kind of single ended amp leaders. If I am not gonna go down to RSA balanced setups, probably one of them (most likely P. Power) will stop me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0