Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 237

post #3541 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by pOOB73 View Post
 

Just a simple question to those who own both the DX50 and the DX100:

Is sound improvement of the DX100 compared to the DX50 really worth the extra - in my case 440GBP ($707)?

I'm not tying to drive large headphones, just CIEMs - Heir Audio 8.A.

Does the DX50 do them justice? Are the differences worth that kind of money?

It's not about the money, I can afford the DX100,

I just don't like to pay money for - potentially - almost nothing.;)

 

With the 8.A, I'd say go for the DX50. Then, if you find yourself lusting for a better soundstage, decide if you want that slight soundstage improvement for £440.

post #3542 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

 

With the 8.A, I'd say go for the DX50. Then, if you find yourself lusting for a better soundstage, decide if you want that slight soundstage improvement for £440.

 

slight soundstage improvement for £440? that was robbery. how is the WM8470 compared to ES9018 DAC ?

post #3543 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olanzky View Post
 

 

how is the WM8470 compared to ES9018 DAC ?

Depends on implementation. :)

post #3544 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post
 

Depends on implementation. :)

 

if only centrance HiFi M8 has coax input and stock instead of 6-8weeks of delivery, it will be much easier for everyone to decide.

post #3545 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olanzky View Post
 

 

slight soundstage improvement for £440? that was robbery. how is the WM8470 compared to ES9018 DAC ?

 

The DAC on the DX100 is clearly superior. 

post #3546 of 15127
Am I the only one here with a faulty battery life indicator? It refuses to go below half-empty.
Sucks a bit if you pick up your DAP in the morning, thinking that it has enough juice for the rest of the day and just when you enter the bus, the music stops playing.
post #3547 of 15127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Am I the only one here with a faulty battery life indicator? It refuses to go below half-empty.
Sucks a bit if you pick up your DAP in the morning, thinking that it has enough juice for the rest of the day and just when you enter the bus, the music stops playing.

Same, they promised a better indicator soon. If you look on their website, that one shows percentages which is what I think is coming up.
post #3548 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

 

The DAC on the DX100 is clearly superior. 

 

Agreed. But with IEMs playing straight from the DAP, the audible differences amount to pretty much an improvement in soundstage and imaging. 

 

If in doubt; pick up the DX50. 

post #3549 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

 

Agreed. But with IEMs playing straight from the DAP, the audible differences amount to pretty much an improvement in soundstage and imaging. 

 

If in doubt; pick up the DX50. 

 

+1

If you don't like it you can sell it for a minor loss. 

post #3550 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Am I the only one here with a faulty battery life indicator? It refuses to go below half-empty.
Sucks a bit if you pick up your DAP in the morning, thinking that it has enough juice for the rest of the day and just when you enter the bus, the music stops playing.

 

i'm on 1.2 and the battery indicator has gone all the way down for me and back to full after charging

post #3551 of 15127
I think iBasso must built a dac+amp like D12 but with ES9018 DAC, maybe "D22" lol.
post #3552 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Am I the only one here with a faulty battery life indicator? It refuses to go below half-empty.
Sucks a bit if you pick up your DAP in the morning, thinking that it has enough juice for the rest of the day and just when you enter the bus, the music stops playing.

 

same with me on the battery indicator 

post #3553 of 15127

So i bought one of these after a couple of private conversations over sound quality vs the Studio V 3rd Anniversary. There were also a few posts here i regarded with suspicion saying that the DX50 stomped the Studio but i wanted to find out... I have often read statements like "we all here things differently"  but to me.. The DX50 does NOT sound as good as the Studio V 3rd.. The Studio has more air, more space around instruments, better bass and i think better treble as well. Listening to almost any genre the Studio is better and is much better with Electonic beat driven music. Anything rythmic sound more infectious on the little gold brick.

 

I gave my DX50 away to my sister's husband.. I was hopeful of finding a new small form factor DAP with a sound upgrade... This is NOT it...  The only area where there was an improvement was in background noise but not enough to make me get rid of the Studio since in SQ terms alone the Studio V 3rd is the winner.   I am using Fitear F111s at the moment...  The DX50  had more than a weeks daily use and when not being listened to had music running through it, So yes it was burned in.. After a weeks use going back to the Studio made me realize what a fabulous little unit it is and all new shiny things are not necessarily better... If you own a Studio V 3rd and are thinking to buy one of these as an upgrade ..Don't, as it is merely a move slightly backwards to the left or right....  Also just be clear... i don't give a fig about slick UIs and such... I only ever listen to WAVs and always to complete albums so arguments over such things are wasted on me.. i only care about the sound and the enjoyment it brings.

 

My opinion, but an alternate one to others i have seen. It should also be mentioned that i did not pay full retail for the Studio V 3rd when i got it..

post #3554 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

The DAC on the DX100 is clearly superior. 

Am I the only one who prefers the sound of the WM8740 over the ES9018???
post #3555 of 15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post
 

So i bought one of these after a couple of private conversations over sound quality vs the Studio V 3rd Anniversary. There were also a few posts here i regarded with suspicion saying that the DX50 stomped the Studio but i wanted to find out... I have often read statements like "we all here things differently"  but to me.. The DX50 does NOT sound as good as the Studio V 3rd.. The Studio has more air, more space around instruments, better bass and i think better treble as well. Listening to almost any genre the Studio is better and is much better with Electonic beat driven music. Anything rythmic sound more infectious on the little gold brick.

 

I gave my DX50 away to my sister's husband.. I was hopeful of finding a new small form factor DAP with a sound upgrade... This is NOT it...  The only area where there was an improvement was in background noise but not enough to make me get rid of the Studio since in SQ terms alone the Studio V 3rd is the winner.   I am using Fitear F111s at the moment...  The DX50  had more than a weeks daily use and when not being listened to had music running through it, So yes it was burned in.. After a weeks use going back to the Studio made me realize what a fabulous little unit it is and all new shiny things are not necessarily better... If you own a Studio V 3rd and are thinking to buy one of these as an upgrade ..Don't, as it is merely a move slightly backwards to the left or right....  Also just be clear... i don't give a fig about slick UIs and such... I only ever listen to WAVs and always to complete albums so arguments over such things are wasted on me.. i only care about the sound and the enjoyment it brings.

 

My opinion, but an alternate one to others i have seen. It should also be mentioned that i did not pay full retail for the Studio V 3rd when i got it..

probably due to its amp section that does not really cope very well to sensitive iems? The DX50 was claimed having close to 0 output impedance, yet, I've already seeing 2 reviews which claimed that it is not and DX50 does not match really well with very sensitive multi armature iems. Probably it is due to this? I'm getting the DX50 purely as a line out device with my Meier Audio Quickstep.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0