Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 - Page 131

post #1951 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon parker View Post
 

well, recieved my DX50 today ! - took about 40 hours from china to UK!!

First impressions are simply that this is THE best I have heard my music ever. I have been a fan of Cowon for a long time but the DX50 is in a whole different league! The sound is so wonderfully creamy and smooth but it just sounds so...right! I have played all kinds of genre and not once did i want to adjust or change the sound 

the sound = 10/10 for me. I am 100% happy with it

 

USB OTK - luckily I had a little adapter so now I have 8gb internal + 64gb sdcard + 32gb otk = 100gb :D

 

now then...the operating 'system'

 

Basically it is a joke! - it isn't buggy, its what I would consider a very early Beta - I think iBasso has a LOT of work to do here but Im hopeful they will sort it out - Even when it does work, sometimes its like unlocking a secret code on the control pad of a PS3 - as long as you press a 'certain' way sometimes things will work where they didn't before!!

 

192kHz ?? - I had 6 different albums loaded on a 64gb card and it wouldn't play them - it played them at a VERY slow speed which in the past indicates the card in question does not support that bitrate.

This is a worry because the payer is supposed to support audio UP TO 192. For me, it doesn't - anyone else have this issue?

 

Apart from these issues I am beyond happy with the price, quality and unbeatable sound. Initially I was listening through Grado GR10 IEM's. I was a tad worried because a lot of comments said the DX50 was a bit bright but I have the balance to be superb. Very mature and some how very grown up and professional!

Im now listening on Grado 325sri cans - I have to say I think the Grado sound and DX50 is a match made in heaven - I've never heard these cans performing so well! :D

Hi I had the same problem not playing 24-192 flac files but when i upgraded to the latest version 1.16, it is now playing fine. Love the sound. Ahmad Jamal quartet really shines with the SE535

post #1952 of 15592

I'm on 1.16 now and able to output hi-rez files to my DAC.  Still, the player remains bugs prone.  My files still not playing in order and the player continues to have difficulties mounting as USB mass storage device. Not completely scanned my 64 GB microSD card continues.  The touchscreen also need calibration as it is very touch sensitive.

post #1953 of 15592

Even the firmware is not in order. When interpreting the id 3 tagsthere are minor problems. At OGG Vorbis files reading out the tags, the Vorbis comment is miserable. Cover will not be displayed tags are not read. Similarly, in APEv2 even here problems.

Well, the main thing is that the first sound is fine. And that is absolutely that.

 

correction: Ogg Vorbis with 96 kHz/24bit now playing at double speed. No, Ibasso does not have a good job. Similarly, the Flac files


Edited by pnix - 9/18/13 at 11:29am
post #1954 of 15592

@ wizard327 - thanks :) updated to 1.1.6 & putting them back now!

post #1955 of 15592

Apologies for the question, as this has most likely been answered already in this thread, but just to confirm...DX50 CAN lineout 24/96 files to an amplifier, right? That is, without down-converting them to redbook.

 

I have a spare mini HD full of 24/96 rips I want to try out.

 

Edit: Any sound differences in 1.1.16 so far? I've been fooling with the EQ for most of the day, taking out a good bit of mid-bass. Sounds like they really reeled in that 4khz band, even though it sits at neutral on the EQ, is nowhere near as prominent as it was.


Edited by GoldfishX - 9/18/13 at 11:18am
post #1956 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post
 

I'm on 1.16 now and able to output hi-rez files to my DAC.  Still, the player remains bugs prone.  My files still not playing in order and the player continues to have difficulties mounting as USB mass storage device. Not completely scanned my 64 GB microSD card continues.  The touchscreen also need calibration as it is very touch sensitive.

I posted a workaround for the ordering earlier. Not a permanent solution to the problem, but it takes care of the issue.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnix View Post
 

Even the firmware is not in order. When interpreting the id 3 tagsthere are minor problems. At OGG Vorbis files reading out the tags, the Vorbis comment is miserable. Cover will not be displayed tags are not read. Similarly, in APEv2 even here problems.

Well, the main thing is that the first sound is fine. And that is absolutely that.

I don't have any OGG Vorbis files, so pardon my ignorance: Where would the comments be shown? 

post #1957 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by austonia View Post
 

 

I'm on 1.16 and this does not appear to be the case. 

 
MyMusic > Artist > list of all tracks by that artist
 
no album selection 

 

1.16 still sucks but sucks less than previous fw.  It is idiotic that they don't have album folders in the Artist view.

 
The fw also needs a scroll bar.
 
And a clock.  Right now, you need to carry a separate device if you need to know the time.  Dumb.
post #1958 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I posted a workaround for the ordering earlier. Not a permanent solution to the problem, but it takes care of the issue.

I don't have any OGG Vorbis files, so pardon my ignorance: Where would the comments be shown? 

When scanning a full 64gb card, I set the Auto Power Off to 30 minutes, then every time the screen turns off while scanning, it just hit the On/off switch momentarily to turn the screen back on. It usually takes about 10 minutes to complete a full scan. Everything on my card is visible.
post #1959 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post
 

Apologies for the question, as this has most likely been answered already in this thread, but just to confirm...DX50 CAN lineout 24/96 files to an amplifier, right? That is, without down-converting them to redbook.

 

I have a spare mini HD full of 24/96 rips I want to try out.

 

Edit: Any sound differences in 1.1.16 so far? I've been fooling with the EQ for most of the day, taking out a good bit of mid-bass. Sounds like they really reeled in that 4khz band, even though it sits at neutral on the EQ, is nowhere near as prominent as it was.

 

 

Dude, down sampling happens with Digital signal, not analogue. so yes, it will not downsample

post #1960 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by austonia View Post

I'm on 1.16 and this does not appear to be the case. 
 
MyMusic > Artist > list of all tracks by that artist
 
no album selection 

My Music>Artist>All albums by that artist>all tracks in that album. Works just fine for me. I have one album per folder.
post #1961 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post


..............................................Snip.................................
 
And a clock.  Right now, you need to carry a separate device if you need to know the time.  Dumb.

Come on, get serious!!!!! If you don't wear a watch, why care what the time is???? The DX50 is, after all, a music player.
post #1962 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


Come on, get serious!!!!! If you don't wear a watch, why care what the time is???? The DX50 is, after all, a music player.

 

Ummm, are you serious?  Some of us actually have jobs and appointments.   Most people don't wear watches anymore because most electronic devices have clocks.  AK100 has a clock.  Even my rockboxed sansa clip has a clock.

post #1963 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

1.16 still sucks but sucks less than previous fw.  It is idiotic that they don't have album folders in the Artist view.

 
The fw also needs a scroll bar.
 
And a clock.  Right now, you need to carry a separate device if you need to know the time.  Dumb.

 

 

I love your attitude man.

 
Yes, there are shortcomings, but lets try to sort them out instead of just calling them "idiotic" and "dumb", shall we? I work in IT and if I get tasks worded like that, the odds of the users getting any help are slim to none. Ibasso is a very small company, working their asses off to bring you superior sound at iPod price levels - without an R&D budget like Apple. 
 
PS: With such a small screen, adding a clock would be a waste of pixels in my opinion. I wear a watch and I carry a phone at all times.
post #1964 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

Ummm, are you serious?  Some of us actually have jobs and appointments.   Most people don't wear watches anymore because most electronic devices have clocks.  AK100 has a clock.  Even my rockboxed sansa clip has a clock.

 

One would think that someone with jobs and appointments wouldn't rely on a Chinese made DAP for telling time. Good watches are pretty cheap nowadays.

post #1965 of 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

 

Ummm, are you serious?  Some of us actually have jobs and appointments.   Most people don't wear watches anymore because most electronic devices have clocks.  AK100 has a clock.  Even my rockboxed sansa clip has a clock.

Should they add a calendar and email to the DX50 while they're at it?

 

The DX100 actually has those features - AND it sounds better. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0